Speculation: With the third pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Anaheim Ducks select...(Draft is June 28th @ 4pm PT. ESPN. ESPN+)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Ducks take at pick 3?

• Ivan Demidov

Votes: 37 18.3%
  • Anton Silayev

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • Artyom Levshunov

Votes: 81 40.1%
  • Cayden Lindstrom

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Carter Yakemchuk

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Reactions: Static

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Blake Montgomery sounds like another great second round target. Huge kid who can skate and has some skills, overager.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

First saw him u13 or u14 season, was a noticeably smart player even before he started the huge growth spurt, that's part of the huge intrigue for me. It's not just a huge brute bullying a low level of hockey, there has always been some genuine knack for the game there.

His older brother Jace (2004 born) took a huge step forward this season as well. Also a huge kid at 6'5, nearly quadrupled his production from the year prior in the CCHL (Ottawa junior A loop) and was named league MVP. Heading to NCAA with Clarkson and surely has some pro teams tracking his progress.

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
None of these dmen sound all that great. I think I'd rather go for a forward, to be honest. Just sign a top RH dman instead.
Yeah, if CHI goes Lev at #2 (which I believe they will) and we're willing to get ballsy, I'd much rather take a flyer on Demidov than Silayev. Either that or see if there's any interest in trading down.

Going for a high floor Russian dman at 3OA just seems like a waste.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
None of these dmen sound all that great. I think I'd rather go for a forward, to be honest. Just sign a top RH dman instead.
I mean by that logic no one in the draft sounds great, and just trade down or trade the pick.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Luckily, our scouts are really good with D and the forwards have different questions. Lindstrom has injury issues (our doctors should be great at identifying injuries and recovery chances at this point) and Demidov has size/Russian factor but undeniable offensive talent. If Ducks draft D, I trust our scouts with who they like. If we go forward (assuming it's one of those two), it's probably more non scouting homework that the Ducks need to do. Those 4 seem to have taken a half step ahead of the other prospects for the most part.

Reactions: Static

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Lukas Fischer, son of jiri, is interesting. A week from being 2025 eligible, 6'4" dman with NHL tools. Another lottery ticket.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Yeah, if CHI goes Lev at #2 (which I believe they will) and we're willing to get ballsy, I'd much rather take a flyer on Demidov than Silayev. Either that or see if there's any interest in trading down.

I can't honestly say any of those guys (and throw LIndstrom in there) would be a bad pick. Although depending on which day you catch me, I find myself changing my mind about which guy I'd prefer.

I will say the idea of a Gauthier-Carlsson-Lindstrom line sounds amazing. But so does our D corps with either Lev or Silayev added to the mix.

And Demidov could very conceivably still end up the best player of the bunch.

Reactions: lwvs84

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
When’s the combine news going to flow through? Didn’t they start around Sunday? No measurements yet? Seems like only Montreal has coverage and media following the combine.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
When’s the combine news going to flow through? Didn’t they start around Sunday? No measurements yet? Seems like only Montreal has coverage and media following the combine.
I think measurements are on the last day which I believe is Friday.

Reactions: cheesymc

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Going for a high floor Russian dman at 3OA just seems like a waste.
Yeah I take Demidov over Silayev but I'm not expecting Chicago to pass on Demidov.
I feel like Verbeek may pass on Lev due to his hockey IQ and take Dickinson, Silayev or Buium if Demidov isn't available.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Yeah I take Demidov over Silayev but I'm not expecting Chicago to pass on Demidov.
I feel like Verbeek may pass on Lev due to his hockey IQ and take Dickinson, Silayev or Buium if Demidov isn't available.
I don't know which way the Ducks will go with that pick but I do think they will be place a priority on where they think each player will be in 3-5 years. That's what they did with the Carlsson pick at any rate. So who do they think has the highest potential? We'll find out in 22 days. And, oh yeah, size will be a major factor in the decision as well...

eaterfan

Nov 29, 2023
It is kind of a bummer that Edmonton is in the Cup Finals. That pick went from 24 to 31 or 32.

I was hoping Eiserman would drop past pick 12 or 13 and the Ducks could package Edmonton's pick with other picks or lower level assets to get up in a position to take him. He's definitely a high risk player, but the Ducks have a lot of young forward depth and if he hits, he could be a consistent 40 goal scorer who takes the Ducks offense to another level. I think the Ducks are pretty uniquely able to take a risk like that because of the young talent in the pipeline. Pair that pick with Levshunov/Silayev at 3 and the prospect pool just got filled to the brim with talent.

I think moving from 31 or 32 to 13-16 will be much harder and require assets I wouldn't want to give up to take a flyer on Eiserman.

Reactions: Trojans86

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It is kind of a bummer that Edmonton is in the Cup Finals. That pick went from 24 to 31 or 32.

I was hoping Eiserman would drop past pick 12 or 13 and the Ducks could package Edmonton's pick with other picks or lower level assets to get up in a position to take him. He's definitely a high risk player, but the Ducks have a lot of young forward depth and if he hits, he could be a consistent 40 goal scorer who takes the Ducks offense to another level. I think the Ducks are pretty uniquely able to take a risk like that because of the young talent in the pipeline. Pair that pick with Levshunov/Silayev at 3 and the prospect pool just got filled to the brim with talent.

I think moving from 31 or 32 to 13-16 will be much harder and require assets I wouldn't want to give up to take a flyer on Eiserman.
still not as bad as in 2010 when the flyers went from barely making the playoffs on the last day of the season to SCF. that pick went from mid/late teens to 29th lol

Reactions: eaterfan

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
But ultimately it didn’t matter since we picked Etem with that 29 and would have just picked him earlier after Fowler fell to us at 10 (I think).
Same thing could happen this years too Madden may already have his tracey/steel 2.0 lined up or a Quebec player in mind for #32 regardless of if they were picking #24 or #32.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Same thing could happen this years too Madden may already have his tracey/steel 2.0 lined up or a Quebec player in mind for #32 regardless of if they were picking #24 or #32.

About the Tracey pick, Murray had a deal in place to move the #29 (Tracey) and #39 (LaCombe) picks up to pick #18, provided Peyton Krebs fell to #18. Vegas drafted him at #17.

huh... LaCombe produced the same amount of points this year in the NHL as Krebs with 17 points, but in nine fewer games played. And this was LaCombe's first full season in the NHL.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
About the Tracey pick, Murray had a deal in place to move the #29 (Tracey) and #39 (LaCombe) picks up to pick #18, provided Peyton Krebs fell to #18. Vegas drafted him at #17.

huh... LaCombe produced the same amount of points this year in the NHL as Krebs with 17 points, but in nine fewer games played. And this was LaCombe's first full season in the NHL.
We got lucky that deal fell through. Shows that the shotgun approach with picks can work better than going all in on one guy

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
We got lucky that deal fell through. Shows that the shotgun approach with picks can work better than going all in on one guy
It shows me that the organization just can't evaluate forwards outside of the top 10. Krebs and Tracey are both bust material while LaCombe will be a serviceable NHL defenseman. It's a trend that must be broken this year.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
The Siriusxm hockey prospect guys are doing their top 32 draft ranking tonight. Top 10:
1. Celebrini
2. Levshunov
3. Silayev
4. Buium
5. Dickinson
6. Lindstrom
7. Demidov
8. Helenius
9. Iginla
10. Jiricek

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
It shows me that the organization just can't evaluate forwards outside of the top 10. Krebs and Tracey are both bust material while LaCombe will be a serviceable NHL defenseman. It's a trend that must be broken this year.

Well, Colangelo could be that guy. Though, I doubt that's what you meant by breaking the trend this year.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
The Siriusxm hockey prospect guys are doing their top 32 draft ranking tonight. Top 10:
1. Celebrini
2. Levshunov
3. Silayev
4. Buium
5. Dickinson
6. Lindstrom
7. Demidov
8. Helenius
9. Iginla
10. Jiricek
They are the same guys that put out the3 Black Book every year.

I like EP's draft guide a lot more, but its a good source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad