Speculation: With the third pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Anaheim Ducks select...(Draft is June 28th @ 4pm PT. ESPN. ESPN+)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Ducks take at pick 3?

• Ivan Demidov

Votes: 37 18.3%
  • Anton Silayev

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • Artyom Levshunov

Votes: 81 40.1%
  • Cayden Lindstrom

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Carter Yakemchuk

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I think it's meant the rating that taxi drivers vote for you as a passanger/customer. After each drive, everyone can give a rating to each other
What if I choose not to run? My personal information is put on the internet anyway? So maybe I get mis-identified as somebody I'm not, and it is put on the internet? WTF?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Uber as a company has…let’s just say a checkered past as far as privacy and ethics go.
As somebody who has never used Uber that's what I was curious about. Is this stuff on the internet or for sale like all internet data collection is? Does every passenger have a file? What gets to see it? How does anybody know how accurate it is or isn't, especially the possibility mixing up customers? UFB....but not surprising I guess.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Spencer gill is another nice target for round 2-3. 6'4" RH dman in the Q, went from four points D-1 to 46 in his draft year.

One of the youngest in the draft, needs to work on his skating. Nice bet on tools, huge upward trajectory, and we really like dmen from the Quebec league.

eaterfan

Nov 29, 2023
What if I choose not to run? My personal information is put on the internet anyway? So maybe I get mis-identified as somebody I'm not, and it is put on the internet? WTF?
Not sure what you mean by run, maybe rate?

Uber isn't like Yelp where you look up a restaurant and write a review. Once the ride is over, the app gives you a push notification to rate the driver who drove you. They get the same notification on their end except for their rider.

I'm not really going to get into internet privacy and security, but Uber is probably no better or worse than any other app or website. If you mean that random people can look up your Uber rating, I don't think that's legal. When you match with a driver it shows their rating and it probably shows you theirs. There's nowhere to search for a specific person or driver's rating. If someone wants it, you either have to give it to them or they have to hack Uber.

Reactions: AngelDuck

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Spencer gill is another nice target for round 2-3. 6'4" RH dman in the Q, went from four points D-1 to 46 in his draft year.

One of the youngest in the draft, needs to work on his skating. Nice bet on tools, huge upward trajectory, and we really like dmen from the Quebec league.

Yeah I think he's right up our alley in terms of the type of projectable young D this org tends to target. I was able to take him with our third in the mock but he looks like a top 50 guy to me.

Reactions: Static

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Uber has been mostly a net positive for society IMO. It’s comforting to know that if your daughter/wife is alone somewhere that they can call a ride home within the click of a button and the driver will be there in less than 5 minutes usually

Definitely wasn’t always the case 15-20 years ago

Reactions: Kalv

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
One reason I don't worry too much about Silayev's offense compared to the other guys is no matter who we draft, their numbers might be a little lower than with other teams. Ducks already have Zellweger and Minty who will be able to run power plays, the time that the drafted D gets on the PP might be pretty limited. It'll be more important to get a guy that can kill penalties and provide elements that those two can't. Silayev will definitely help either of the two (especially Zell) with a physical presence and if he can skate and get the puck either out of the zone or to Zellweger to get it out, that will be good enough. BUT, the caveat to that is I'd only take him if scouts feel he will be average/slightly below average offensively but elite defensively (basically the best defensively at the top end of the draft).

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

This is weird

I clicked on the link this morning and the article has been retracted as Cole Hutson was measured and weighed by the end of the combine.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
One reason I don't worry too much about Silayev's offense compared to the other guys is no matter who we draft, their numbers might be a little lower than with other teams. Ducks already have Zellweger and Minty who will be able to run power plays, the time that the drafted D gets on the PP might be pretty limited. It'll be more important to get a guy that can kill penalties and provide elements that those two can't. Silayev will definitely help either of the two (especially Zell) with a physical presence and if he can skate and get the puck either out of the zone or to Zellweger to get it out, that will be good enough. BUT, the caveat to that is I'd only take him if scouts feel he will be average/slightly below average offensively but elite defensively (basically the best defensively at the top end of the draft).

Then why isn't Dickinson in the conversation? He's 6'3 (6'2.75"), 203 lbs, wingspan of 78.75" (tied at 10th longest for all the NHL combine participants), shutdown d-man, plays physical, is a great 4-way skater, and according to UpSideHockey, "blessed with speed that's near-elite-at 6'3"."

Dickinson
D-1 (age 16): 62 games, 9g + 14a = 23 pts (0.37 ppg rate), and a +5 rating
D+0 (age 17): 68 games, 18g + 52a = 70 pts (1.03 ppg rate), and a +56 rating

Granted, Sam was on stacked team with London in the OHL, but he was with London in his D-1 season too. That's some serious development offensively and defensively. He's a shutdown D who developed his offense.

Whichever d-man we draft, they're much lower on the PP totem pole due to already having Zell and Minty in the NHL. Even LaCombe looked amazing in his only game as a PP1 QB, he notched two PP assists staying near the blue line like a traditional PP QB.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Uber has been mostly a net positive for society IMO. It’s comforting to know that if your daughter/wife is alone somewhere that they can call a ride home within the click of a button and the driver will be there in less than 5 minutes usually

Definitely wasn’t always the case 15-20 years ago

And this is without all the data of the compamny having a history of tracking you when the app was off, demanding unfettered access to your contacts with no opt-outs, etc.

Taxis have been a thing for a very long time. Yes, I’m old. Get your rideshare off my lawn. :laugh:

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Not sure what you mean by run, maybe rate?

Uber isn't like Yelp where you look up a restaurant and write a review. Once the ride is over, the app gives you a push notification to rate the driver who drove you. They get the same notification on their end except for their rider.

I'm not really going to get into internet privacy and security, but Uber is probably no better or worse than any other app or website. If you mean that random people can look up your Uber rating, I don't think that's legal. When you match with a driver it shows their rating and it probably shows you theirs. There's nowhere to search for a specific person or driver's rating. If someone wants it, you either have to give it to them or they have to hack Uber.
I was comparing it to an election where you have to choose to run if you want to get votes.

Thanks for the explanation. Seems to me there's plenty of room for a lot of misinformation, but yeah, it's the age we live in now.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I had no idea Yakemchuk was that highly regarded. PV could be all over that. RHD PPQB with tons of size? OK

Reactions: Kalv

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Demidov is a lefty.
Could have sworn he was a righty. In that case f*** em. He is dead to me :sarcasm:

Still feel the same. Especially in a draft like this where everyone has warts, IDK how you can feel MORE comfortable taking Lindstrom with his back with a top 5 pick. All the forwards that have top 5 upside have big downsides. Lindstrom, Connelly, Eiserman, etc.

I had no idea Yakemchuk was that highly regarded. PV could be all over that. RHD PPQB with tons of size? OK
People that love him love him and the people that don't like him are way low.
I think Dobber has him around 30.

It wouldn't shock me at all if the Ducks take him. Pretty much everyone in the top 12 falls into that to me.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Not just this, there’s a chance he’s going to spend another year unchallenged. Apparently some think him refusing to extend played a factor in him being demoted and that could happen next year too. Maybe they loan him out instead or something but that’s kind of a scary thought that he might play all of his teens against subpar competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad