GDT: "With the _____ Overall in the 16 NHL Draft the Leafs are Proud to Select..." 8PM CBC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
tumblr_nbmf59mYj21qz9wlpo1_500.gif

original.png

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I believe they'll do 14-4 to reveal the final 3.

Then go 3, and then 1.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Oh.

Tonight also marks the official switch over to the new logo as well.

Northern Dancer

The future ain't what it used to be.
Mar 2, 2002
5 K from the ACC
The thing I'm most curious about is how they will do the reveal. Will they show #14 first, then count down until some team got lucky and got into the top 3? Do they just do the top 3?? I'm already on pins and needles here

I was wondering this myself. I assume they will announce starting at 14 (Boston) and go down. Hurricanes are 13th and Sens 12th. So if they announce Sens are picking 13th then we know Canes are somewhere in the top 3. If that is true we may know well before the final that we are drafting 4th. In fact if I am doing this right and although it is a complete long shot but we could know as early as the 12th pick.

:help:

Macman

May 15, 2004
Noob comment:

I get how the lottery system works (sort of) but why did the NHL adopt it as their system as opposed to say the NFl's system?

Sorry if this question has been done to death.

They changed it to supposedly keep teams from losing on purpose down the stretch in order to get the top pick in the draft. It hasn't really stopped tanking but it does mean the tankers won't always be rewarded.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I believe they'll do 14-4 to reveal the final 3.

Then go 3, and then 1.
Been thinking about that. They could do that, but they would have to do the actual draw first off stage. If they actually started with 14, Boston would have the best shot of not winning. It would be an advantage to have fewer chances to win in other words. Happy to be proved wrong on this.

And though I want Matthews or Laine, I would jump for joy if we landed Puljujarvi at #3.

Last edited:

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Toronto
Edmonton
Montreal

The way I feel it's 1st or bust. We really need to score Mathews. Perhaps one of the Fins will be a nice get but I still think we pick 4th

Daisy I would say Shanny started with Nylander not Marner.

it's not 1st or bust, at least it shouldn't. Laine is gaining steam on Matthews for #1, so even if we get 2nd overall we're in great shape. We either get the franchise #1 C we've been dreaming of or we get a future 6 ft 3 - 6 ft 4 beast on the wing who can score 40+ goals a year. Our goal should be getting one of the top 2 picks, doesn't necessarily have to be #1

IMO there are 3 tiers

1. Matthews, Laine

2. Puljujarvi

3. the rest.

Northern Dancer

The future ain't what it used to be.
Mar 2, 2002
5 K from the ACC
I was wondering this myself. I assume they will announce starting at 14 (Boston) and go down. Hurricanes are 13th and Sens 12th. So if they announce Sens are picking 13th then we know Canes are somewhere in the top 3. If that is true we may know well before the final that we are drafting 4th. In fact if I am doing this right and although it is a complete long shot but we could know as early as the 12th pick.

:help:

Actually if NJ Devils are announced at picking 14th, we will know we are 4th, so we may know as early as the 14th pick, I think. (albeit a complete long-shot)

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Thanks for the info, Daisy..! :handclap:

AppsSyl started a thread earlier this week asking about a talisman..

I finally found one, that I like.. :D

draft-lottery-preview.jpg

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Would they be complementary players piggybacking on superstars?

We know the 2nd. tier is at 4.

I'm not sure Puljujarvi should be in the tier of Matthews and Laine

for me it's those 2 then Pulju is in the 2nd tier and then the 3rd tier is all the rest.

Laine has clearly established himself above Pulju

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Would they be complementary players piggybacking on superstars?

We know the 2nd. tier is at 4.

So they tell us. I'd bet a lot of money that in five years, someone drafted at 4 or below will be considered better than at least one, maybe all three of the top picks.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
it's not 1st or bust, at least it shouldn't. Laine is gaining steam on Matthews for #1, so even if we get 2nd overall we're in great shape. We either get the franchise #1 C we've been dreaming of or we get a future 6 ft 3 - 6 ft 4 beast on the wing who can score 40+ goals a year. Our goal should be getting one of the top 2 picks, doesn't necessarily have to be #1

IMO there are 3 tiers

1. Matthews, Laine

2. Puljujarvi

3. the rest.

Win
Win
Win
Lose

Leafs have the best odds (individually) to come out of this a winner.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Sorry if it's already been clarified, but could someone tell me what time the lottery takes place in Eastern time zone? Thanks in advance.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I'm not sure Puljujarvi should be in the tier of Matthews and Laine

for me it's those 2 then Pulju is in the 2nd tier and then the 3rd tier is all the rest.

Laine has clearly established himself above Pulju

That's how I see it as well. The top 3 picks should be Matthews, Laine and then Puljujarvi and I think there's a jump between all three, the biggest one between Laine and Puljujarvi.

A top 2 pick here would be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad