GDT: "With the _____ Overall in the 16 NHL Draft the Leafs are Proud to Select..." 8PM CBC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RagingbullUK

Mar 1, 2016
Noob comment:

I get how the lottery system works (sort of) but why did the NHL adopt it as their system as opposed to say the NFl's system?

Sorry if this question has been done to death.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
For those that want to understand the procedure used this evening.

This article should answer any questions you may have about the way the lottery works with percentages and an explanation of the system they will be using with the 4 balls. I'm sure many don't care how it's done but this is the best article I can find on the subject. Read the whole article if you want or scroll near the bottom for the percentages through the 3 lotteries and the procedure explanation... http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...s-you-might-not-know-about-this-crazy-process ...(I had put this in a separate thread because I believe many people would like to understand exactly how this lottery works tonight especially the 4 ball system and I didn't want to bury it in an existing thread. Hopefully those people will find it in here.)

Last edited:

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
I think the top 3 almost pick themselves.

If we're 4th, i'm not against a number of possibilities, trying to trade up, down or trading for a top 2 D with plenty left in the tank.

I trust the management to make the right choice.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I hate the ball system. Not saying drafts are rigged but I have seen pretty compelling stuff in the past.

Name on paper by blind hand out of a toss bin is the only **** I trust.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
This article should answer any questions you may have about the way the lottery works with percentages and an explanation of the system they will be using with the 4 balls. I'm sure many don't care how it's done but this is the best article I can find on the subject. Read the whole article if you want or scroll near the bottom for the percentages through the 3 lotteries and the procedure explanation... http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...s-you-might-not-know-about-this-crazy-process ...(I had put this in a separate thread because I believe many people would like to understand exactly how this lottery works tonight especially the 4 ball system and I didn't want to bury it in an existing thread. Hopefully those people will find it in here.)

I added the link to the article in the original post.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
The thing I'm most curious about is how they will do the reveal. Will they show #14 first, then count down until some team got lucky and got into the top 3? Do they just do the top 3?? I'm already on pins and needles here

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
So it's approximately 55%:45% for Top 3 pick versus 4th overall pick. I'm looking at it this way: if they end picking 4th, they will probably be getting a player they have ranked 2nd or 3rd in their own draft rankings.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
So it's approximately 55%:45% for Top 3 pick versus 4th overall pick. I'm looking at it this way: if they end picking 4th, they will probably be getting a player they have ranked 2nd or 3rd in their own draft rankings.

Unless they have the consensus top three just like mostly everybody else.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Be nice if it was tonight already. Get this over with.

Just...a bit of luck would be nice.
This. But the prize of finishing last was that the Leafs could finish no lower than 4th overall which is where I figure they will end up drafting. Won't be disappointed but yes it would be a huge bonus and surprise if they could get a break for once and finish top 3

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Isn't that the river in Egypt?

Is Tkachuk ranked higher than the Finns in any legitimate ranking?

Leafs lost every important game this year, they have to win this GDT.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Isn't that the river in Egypt?

Is Tkachuk ranked higher than the Finns in any legitimate ranking?

Leafs lost every important game this year, they have to win this GDT.

Well, at least Daisy is doing the GDT and not Cor....:handclap:

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Noob comment:

I get how the lottery system works (sort of) but why did the NHL adopt it as their system as opposed to say the NFl's system?

So try if this question has been done to death.

The Edmonton Oilers is the answer to all the draft lottery chicanery that has gone on.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I've already come to terms with the idea that we're picking fourth. Any higher is just a bonus.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
why do people bother with simulators? lol. no time matters other than the 1st and only.
Because there are several hours between now and the lotto! People have to push that stress somewhere and praising or raging at a simulator is a safe and valid method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad