With Hayes on waivers, Boston has nothing to show for Tyler Seguin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Matt Belesky/David Backes signing, Dougie Hamilton trade.... Burke is an old drunk that leaves teams in a mess everytime

The Bruins missed the playoffs in 2015 with Hamilton. Losing Dougie didn't hurt the Bruins one bit. The Boychuk trade did. Hamilton still has not become Calgary's best Dman and never will. Senyshyn, Lauzon and JFK are still with Boston as a result the Kessel/Seguin trades.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
He signs crappy contracts. Lucic and Russell will prevent the Oilers from winning a cup for 4-6 more years.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
The criticism of the trade is justified. Reason being the lack of a return and a lack of shopping Seguin around. The return was horrible. The video is propaganda by the B's. No way a team let's that out after a big trade like that. Reason for the trade can be googled. Many people posting without any knowledge of the circumstances. He's lucky to be still playing for what he did. B's still suffering for a lot of Chiarelli's blunders.

As far as Hamilton trade, please. Calgary got a decent player but not a difference maker. That's why he was on the market last year. Boston has had some crazy trades, I'll give you that. Thornton's was worse.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Does this really help you cope with losing an elite young center for nothing?

I remember Seguin leading the team in scoring and then scoring 1 single goal in 22 playoff games. That was the the moment I was over Tyler Seguin.

I believe the plan was to trade Krejci but when Krejci was the leading playoff scorer and Seguin just flat out sucked in the playoffs I believe they changed their minds about which player was going to be traded because they couldn't fit everyone under the cap.

The return for Seguin stunk but not nearly as bad as Seguin stunk in the playoffs.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
funny how one of the worst trades lead to arguably an even worse trade... awesome...

its up there... and boston traded jumbo for spare parts...
It's definitely worse than the Kessel trade in the end.

They still have a lot more than the Leafs, who are eating Phil's cap forever.
Right. The Leafs at least have Andersen and Kapanen to show for it. The Bruins have nothing.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Cup >>>> Losing a trade

You'd have to think Chara had a hand in this, in addition to Neely and the other brass people want to smear with blame. Seguin wasn't on the same vibe as the Bruins dressing room, and management doesn't just determine that on their own.

The Bruins won a Cup and made the Finals a second time (both with Seguin) before the trade. They haven't sniffed the Finals since the trade.

(Unless you were talking about the Thornton/Kessel trades)

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
"My best player who went to Dallas" has a grand total of 1 goal and 2 assists in playoffs games & 0 series victories in the past 4 seasons with Dallas. Cue t shirt with sad trombone image.

U mad bro?

We won a series in 2016, too. Sorry Seguin wasn't able to play because his Achilles was severed by a skate.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I remember Seguin leading the team in scoring and then scoring 1 single goal in 22 playoff games. That was the the moment I was over Tyler Seguin.

I believe the plan was to trade Krejci but when Krejci was the leading playoff scorer and Seguin just flat out sucked in the playoffs I believe they changed their minds about which player was going to be traded because they couldn't fit everyone under the cap.

The return for Seguin stunk but not nearly as bad as Seguin stunk in the playoffs.

he was 21.... either way, you're idiocracy is my team's gain.

Where's the complaints about 2011? No way Boston beats Tampa Bay in the ECF without Seguin going into beast mode.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The criticism of the trade is justified. Reason being the lack of a return and a lack of shopping Seguin around. The return was horrible. The video is propaganda by the B's. No way a team let's that out after a big trade like that. Reason for the trade can be googled. Many people posting without any knowledge of the circumstances. He's lucky to be still playing for what he did. B's still suffering for a lot of Chiarelli's blunders.

As far as Hamilton trade, please. Calgary got a decent player but not a difference maker. That's why he was on the market last year. Boston has had some crazy trades, I'll give you that. Thornton's was worse.

The guy was unreal for us last year.
If he was on the ice, the puck was in the opposition zone the entire night.

GF% of 66.2% when he got promoted to the top unit part-way through the season. 66.2%; on a guy getting some ugly match-ups on the top pairing too. Just in case you were wondering Brett Burns was at 60%, and Karlsson at 52%.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010

Where's the complaints about 2011? No way Boston beats Tampa Bay in the ECF without Seguin going into beast mode.

And other than spending 10+ million on the worst goaltenders in the league, the Dallas FO never makes a mistake.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
What does Thornton have to do with Chiarelli????

Chia hates playoff floaters.
Seguin, Thornton, Eberle.

Chia teams have no room for playoff buttercups who choke when it matters.

Eberle could score 50 goals next season, and no Oiler fan will care.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I guess we'll see if he can or not. After a 40 goal rookie season I have high hopes

Are you calling Matthews "Jesus", now? :laugh:

I am talking the real Mccoy, not Auston "the lion king" Matthews.

So we can safely discredit the accomplishments of all executives and coaches who have had a team with two really good forwards. Thanks for that.

Mkay, now McDavid is only a "really good forward". The hypocrisy is of galactic dimensions...

U mad bro?

We won a series in 2016, too. Sorry Seguin wasn't able to play because his Achilles was severed by a skate.

Yeah, not your "bro".

Reading comprehension fail... Talking about Seguin and the success his new team has had WITH HIM playing. So far, it's still NO series victories and a grand total for him of 1 goal and 2 assists in 4 seasons. <- FACT.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Definitely the worst trade in a long time. WOW! A future #1 center for spare parts. It doesn't get worse than that. Bergeron better play till he's 40+. They're going to need him unless they tank for a young center.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I's so ironic that Bruins fans have to deal with the criticisms over the Seguin trade. They bragged and roasted Leaf fans for the Kessel trade so much.

Karma is a bi*ch.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site

I don't care. Have a good time watching him, I hope he does well. I don't wish him any ill will, I am simply over him.

Maybe if he went into "beast mode" even once in a 22 game playoff stretch where they lost in the finals and 4? of the games went to OT and all but one were 1 goal games things would be different, but he had a playoffs that puts him in MA Fleury territory. You can't take that stuff back and I would never want to have to count on either of those players to come through in the playoffs.

But even that stuff doesn't matter as much anymore, so enjoy watching him, I hope he does well.

Last edited:

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
Lol Boston. Imagine if they become like the red wings. Two NHL "hockey towns" that can only fill up half an arena.

Better keep winning because Boston fans will jump ship when the good times end.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

He had 1 good period and did nothing else. He was scratched for over half of the playoff games.

You guys think Phil Kessel wouldn't have contributed more in the 2011 playoffs? He's one of the best playoff producers in the NHL.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
I's so ironic that Bruins fans have to deal with the criticisms over the Seguin trade. They bragged and roasted Leaf fans for the Kessel trade so much.

Karma is a bi*ch.

I remember Leaf fans roasting the Bruins fans about that trade. I remember Leaf fans doing exactly the same thing.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I remember Leaf fans roasting the Bruins fans about that trade. I remember Leaf fans doing exactly the same thing.

Really? you want me to bump up threads? I am talking about the end result of the trade. Bruins fans were brutal. There was actually a Bruins fan who created his username to the projected 2011 #1 overall pick right after Seguin was picked #2 overall because he was so sure the Bruins had it.
It's just ironic both Seguin and Hamilton were traded by ages of 21. And Bruins fans and media actually tried to hype up Jared Knight as a future star:laugh: They even named the trade "Best in Boston Sports History" before they even saw the true outcome of the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad