With Hayes on waivers, Boston has nothing to show for Tyler Seguin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dirk41

Jun 9, 2010
Did you just have this thread drafted waiting to pull the trigger?

Awful trade, news at 11. The Leafs traded us a Vezina trophy winning goalie.. we all have them.

Young goalies aren't very easy to project.
Seguin led Boston in points and goals as a 19 year-old. Should be easier to project, even with a slight down year at 20. Can't really expect him to have a 1% shooting percentage forever.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
That's an unbelievable video. For the Bruins to have let this meeting be taped for whatever show this was is crazy to me. And for not one person to be adamantly against trading a 21 year with that type of talent is ridiculous. They start with saying we might need to trade Seguin if we want to keep Horton, but then even after hearing Horton won't be coming back, they trade him anyway.

Leading scorer on a great team as a 19/20 year old, and then not far off from leading them in scoring the next year yet they we so willing to get rid of him. The bad playoffs left them with a negative view on him [he had 1 goal on 70 shots so there was an element on unluckiness] but to not be able to project how good he could become is embarrassing. That Dallas GM is the king of lopsided trades.

Seguin had to go or be murdered by teammates for what he allegedly did to Horton. They panicked and pulled the trigger way too early, but felt they had to resolve it quickly before mutiny ensued.

That is my take and likely not far from the truth.

Still a bad trade, but understandable - he had to go.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Seguin had to go or be murdered by teammates for what he allegedly did to Horton. They panicked and pulled the trigger way too early, but felt they had to resolve it quickly before mutiny ensued.

That is my take and likely not far from the truth.

Still a bad trade, but understandable - he had to go.

What he do to Horton?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Chiarelli is easily one of the worst GM in the league. He has is *** saved by a generational talent
Cam Neely is the worst executive in hockey and should keep his nose out of the management side. Pretty obvious whats going on in Boston with the moves that have been made there post Chiarelli.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I'd disagree. I wouldn't trade any two of:

Marchand
McAvoy
Pastrnak
Bergeron

2 for 1 for Austin Matthews so obviously there are players worth more than half of Austin Matthews. In fact, I wouldn't even consider Pastrnak and McAvoy for him at all, let alone the Selke winner and top LW in the NHL.

Trade still stings, but it's obvious from this post here and the original that your goal was to troll.

Good thing your not the Bruins GM then, a 19 year old franchise centre is worth more than two guys pushing 30 and if you wouldn't give up Pasta and McAvoy well suit yourself lol

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Uh Oh

here comes the oiler fans to defend Chia Pet

how would you react if we sang the praises of Sakic? funny how Chia wins a cup in Boston and takes the team to 2 cup finals and goes to Edmonton and in 2 seasons turns a chronically losing franchise into a 103 point team, yet because of a few bad trades in Boston and Edmonton that haven't seem to hurt either team, he's "easily one of the worst GM's in the league" :facepalm:

i guess that's why he was also named as one of the finalists for GM of the year....because he's one of the worst? c'mon you guys! :shakehead

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Seneshyn, some other prospects and future considerations.

Leafs ended up with Kapanen and Andersen, looks like they won long term.

Senyshyn, JFK, Lauzon >>>>>> Kapanen, Anderson,

Plus the Leafs added a 2nd to get Anderson. Plus they're eating Kessel's cap hit until 2023. Plus the Bruins, you know, actually won something.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Cam Neely is the worst executive in hockey and should keep his nose out of the management side. Pretty obvious whats going on in Boston with the moves that have been made there post Chiarelli.

Neely stopped a few blunders by Chiarelli at the end. Sadly not soon enough to stop the Boychuk and Connolly trades, and Smith extension.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Young goalies aren't very easy to project.
Seguin led Boston in points and goals as a 19 year-old. Should be easier to project, even with a slight down year at 20. Can't really expect him to have a 1% shooting percentage forever.

Tyler SEGUIN has one playoff goal since 2013, yayhey miss that.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

What the hell do you even know about it, provide some facts besides quotes from disgruntled fans and clueless media. A guy from Calgary talking smack when you have Brian Burke in town, LMFAO

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
What the hell do tou even know about it, provide some facts besides quotes from disgruntled fans and clueless media. A guy from Calgary talking smack when you have Brian Burke in town, LMFAO
Matt Belesky/David Backes signing, Dougie Hamilton trade.... Burke is an old drunk that leaves teams in a mess everytime

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
1Lol, this is all because of Chiarelli?

2He didn't let Eriksson walk for nothing

3 He didn't trade Reilly Smith for Hayes

Yes it was a bad trade even at the time, although it was cap motivated and he wasn't the only cook in that kitchen either. I get that Bruins fans love to have a scapegoat, but if you don't address what's really bad with your team you'll never get any better.

1. Yes.
2. When is the last time you have seen a team top in the Division at the trade deadline, selling one of its top 3 performers?
3. Reilly Smith who Florida did everything they could to unload to Vegas? Reilly Smith who is signed at 5m (FIVE MILLION) per till 2021-22? That one? Jimmy Hayes buyout is peanuts, a few hundred k's each season for a couple of seasons. I think I like that outcome, rather than having an extended 5 million dud.

Last edited:

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Not to derail the thread but Boston has nothing on their roster that is even worth half as much as Matthews. Not even Bergeron has that kind of value at his age.

We still have Andersen and Kapanen to show for Kessel. Bruins have nothing for Seguin.

Boston had so much potential to be a team very much like Pittsburgh and Chicago and win multiple cups.

Hamilton, Seguin make the Bruins a cup contender even today.

Yeah, Kessel got you four 30+ goals seasons and two 80 points seasons and you still did amount to a complete zero. Wait till Matthews and co get you anywhere before boasting/bragging...

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
My best player went to Dallas and all I got was this t-shirt and 1.4M in dead cap over the next 2 years.

"My best player who went to Dallas" has a grand total of 1 goal and 2 assists in playoffs games & 0 series victories in the past 4 seasons with Dallas. Cue t shirt with sad trombone image.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
"My best player who went to Dallas" has a grand total of 1 goal and 2 assists in playoffs games & 0 series victories in the past 4 seasons with Dallas. Cue t shirt with sad trombone image.

Does this really help you cope with losing an elite young center for nothing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad