With Hayes on waivers, Boston has nothing to show for Tyler Seguin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
He had 1 good period and did nothing else. He was scratched for over half of the playoff games.

You guys think Phil Kessel wouldn't have contributed more in the 2011 playoffs? He's one of the best playoff producers in the NHL.

Kessel would have done more without a doubt.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I remember Leaf fans roasting the Bruins fans about that trade. I remember Leaf fans doing exactly the same thing.

Leaf fans were so smug about it. Burkey could do no wrong and they had Luke Schenn human eraser, future captain. There was no way those picks would be top-10 because if you pro-rated the Leafs last 20 games of the season blah, blah, blah. Toskala was better that Thomas besides. We were upset about the trade because the Leafs were on the upswing and the Bruins on the downswing.

The Leafs also 'robbed' the Bruins on the Kaberle trade. They got Joe Colborne (waived), a 2nd which was traded for Liles who was swapped for Gleason and immediately bought out and is STILL on the Leafs cap, and Tyler freakin Biggs.

The Bruins won a Cup, Cup final, Presidents trophy. The Leafs won a draft lottery.

:popcorn:

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Kessel would have done more without a doubt.

He would have, so why do Bruins fans try desperately to say the trade gave them a cup. If Kessel was a very poor playoff performer, fine. His career playoff stats are terrific and he's led a team in scoring to a cup win.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Leaf fans were so smug about it. Burkey could do no wrong and they had Luke Schenn human eraser, future captain. There was no way those picks would be top-10 because if you pro-rated the Leafs last 20 games of the season blah, blah, blah. Toskala was better that Thomas besides. We were upset about the trade because the Leafs were on the upswing and the Bruins on the downswing.

The Leafs also 'robbed' the Bruins on the Kaberle trade. They got Joe Colborne (waived), a 2nd which was traded for Liles who was swapped for Gleason and immediately bought out and is STILL on the Leafs cap, and Tyler freakin Biggs.

The Bruins won a Cup, Cup final, Presidents trophy. The Leafs won a draft lottery.

Not what I am talking about, AFTER the trade Bruins fans could not be good winners. You guys were loving every minute of it and it's come back to bite you as it was worse than the Kessel trade was.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/phil-kessel-trade-voted-best-in-boston-sports-history/

Talk bout' jumping the gun...

And let's not forget non Leaf fans on here naming Burke the greatest GM a saying he'd never leave Anaheim to go to Toronto.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Really? you want me to bump up threads? I am talking about the end result of the trade. Bruins fans were brutal. There was actually a Bruins fan who created his username to the projected 2011 #1 overall pick right after Seguin was picked #2 overall because he was so sure the Bruins had it.
It's just ironic both Seguin and Hamilton were traded by ages of 21. And Bruins fans and media actually tried to hype up Jared Knight as a future star:laugh: They even named the trade "Best in Boston Sports History" before they even saw the true outcome of the trade.

I get it, you are mad about the Toronto tank threads, you guys would have done the same exact thing of their positions were reversed.

The end result is that it was an absolutely horrible trade for Toronto. Insanely bad and it held them back for years. We told you guys over and over that Kessel was a good player who was not the kind of player to build a team around. We have proof of how effective he can be when he is the 4th or 5th best player on the team and we have proof of how good a team will be if he is the best player and the guy that the team is built around.

It's funny how many times I got called a "hater" for saying Kessel is a bad player to build a team around.

I am sure there are people who went overboard but there were just as many who went overboard on the Leafs side too.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I get it, you are mad about the Toronto tank threads, you guys would have done the same exact thing of their positions were reversed.

The end result is that it was an absolutely horrible trade for Toronto. Insanely bad and it held them back for years. We told you guys over and over that Kessel was a good player who was not the kind of player to build a team around. We have proof of how effective he can be when he is the 4th or 5th best player on the team and we have proof of how good a team will be if he is the best player and the guy that the team is built around.

It's funny how many times I got called a "hater" for saying Kessel is a bad player to build a team around.

I am sure there are people who went overboard but there were just as many who went overboard on the Leafs side too.

But Kessel has proven to be far better than Bruins fans claimed. You guys never thought he was a guy you could count on in the playoffs.

And geeze, the Jared Knight hype was embarrassing. No one would have known his name if he wasn't drafted with a Leaf pick. We told you guys this. There was a Bruins fan who predicted he'd be better than Kessel.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Really? you want me to bump up threads? I am talking about the end result of the trade. Bruins fans were brutal. There was actually a Bruins fan who created his username to the projected 2011 #1 overall pick right after Seguin was picked #2 overall because he was so sure the Bruins had it.
It's just ironic both Seguin and Hamilton were traded by ages of 21. And Bruins fans and media actually tried to hype up Jared Knight as a future star:laugh: They even named the trade "Best in Boston Sports History" before they even saw the true outcome of the trade.

The archive is deleted, unfortunately. This was the trade thread if someone can restore it. Leafs fans were pure, delusional comic gold.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=682236&highlight=[TOR%2FBOS]Phil+Kessel+Traded+to+Toronto+for+2010+1st%2C+2nd+2011+1st&page=2

Dubey
"How do you only get picks back for a 21 year-old, 36 goal scorer? What a brutal trade for Boston."

Phaneufed
"the Leafs aren't gonna be drafting top 10 this year, and anyone below the top 10 isn't gonna be as good as Kessel."

Falcons93
"Toronto is arguably one of the most improved teams from last season. They drafted 7th overall last season, so how does it makes sense that they will draft even lower this season? Some people are clueless."

From Fabs:

"Easily be top 5 picks? Are you for real? The Leafs are not going to be finishing bottom 5 this season or the next."

"Leafs are playoff bound now. Those 1sts are going to be high."

pagetheaj
"I love how people think the Leaf's 1st rounders are going to be top 10 or even top 10 picks...jeez...they are already really close to playoffs, if not in them."

PoolChamp
"Burke will look like an idiot if the Leafs aren't much improved and make the playoffs."

Punch Imlach
old time hockey

Ah yes.

+Komisarek
+Beauchemin
+ Kessel
+ Exelby
- Kubina
- Antropov
- Moore

Yep, the numbers add up. We'll be worse than we've been the entire rebuild."

Cleatus
"2010 will probably be a 14th-15th overall pick, 2011 will probably be a 16th-20th overall pick."

mapes
The Monster!

"Top 10? More like in the 15-20 range."

go kim johnsson 514
Global Moderator
Super Bowl Champs!

"The Leafs will not have a Top 5 Pick in 2010. A lot of you are praying for something to happen you know will not."

bunjay

"does anyone honestly think that those 3 draft picks will equate to a better (or even comparable) player than kessel? leafs will likely be middle of the pack next year, giving boston a pick outside the top ten. what are the chances?"

TheLeastOfTheBunch

"Lol at the people who think the Leafs 1st round picks are gonna be top 10-15 ...... We will most likely challenge in the playoffs now"

tracker828

I see a lot of rambling on here anyone really paying attention leafs would have made the playoffs last year except for Toskala losing 7 in a row injured stinkin out the joint now we have 1 of the top 5 best D in the game
last year what top 20 now we pick up Kessle Stalberg in future Kadri up and coming Bozak come on shake your heads this is the best the leafs have look in 20 years speed youth talent
which clown said next 2 years in bottom 5 in the league god u r a drunken fool leafs will make the playoffs with or with out Kessle now guaranteed to place and when Burke gets the last trade in for a top center sweet with the age of these guys leafs fans will finally be able to watch playoff hockey for a few years GO leafs GO

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The archive is deleted, unfortunately. This was the trade thread if someone can restore it. Leafs fans were pure, delusional comic gold.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=682236&highlight=[TOR%2FBOS]Phil+Kessel+Traded+to+Toronto+for+2010+1st%2C+2nd+2011+1st&page=2

Dubey
"How do you only get picks back for a 21 year-old, 36 goal scorer? What a brutal trade for Boston."

Phaneufed
"the Leafs aren't gonna be drafting top 10 this year, and anyone below the top 10 isn't gonna be as good as Kessel."

Falcons93
"Toronto is arguably one of the most improved teams from last season. They drafted 7th overall last season, so how does it makes sense that they will draft even lower this season? Some people are clueless."

From Fabs:

"Easily be top 5 picks? Are you for real? The Leafs are not going to be finishing bottom 5 this season or the next."

"Leafs are playoff bound now. Those 1sts are going to be high."

pagetheaj
"I love how people think the Leaf's 1st rounders are going to be top 10 or even top 10 picks...jeez...they are already really close to playoffs, if not in them."

PoolChamp
"Burke will look like an idiot if the Leafs aren't much improved and make the playoffs."

Punch Imlach
old time hockey

Ah yes.

+Komisarek
+Beauchemin
+ Kessel
+ Exelby
- Kubina
- Antropov
- Moore

Yep, the numbers add up. We'll be worse than we've been the entire rebuild."

Cleatus
"2010 will probably be a 14th-15th overall pick, 2011 will probably be a 16th-20th overall pick."

mapes
The Monster!

"Top 10? More like in the 15-20 range."

go kim johnsson 514
Global Moderator
Super Bowl Champs!

"The Leafs will not have a Top 5 Pick in 2010. A lot of you are praying for something to happen you know will not."

bunjay

"does anyone honestly think that those 3 draft picks will equate to a better (or even comparable) player than kessel? leafs will likely be middle of the pack next year, giving boston a pick outside the top ten. what are the chances?"

TheLeastOfTheBunch

"Lol at the people who think the Leafs 1st round picks are gonna be top 10-15 ...... We will most likely challenge in the playoffs now"

tracker828

I see a lot of rambling on here anyone really paying attention leafs would have made the playoffs last year except for Toskala losing 7 in a row injured stinkin out the joint now we have 1 of the top 5 best D in the game
last year what top 20 now we pick up Kessle Stalberg in future Kadri up and coming Bozak come on shake your heads this is the best the leafs have look in 20 years speed youth talent
which clown said next 2 years in bottom 5 in the league god u r a drunken fool leafs will make the playoffs with or with out Kessle now guaranteed to place and when Burke gets the last trade in for a top center sweet with the age of these guys leafs fans will finally be able to watch playoff hockey for a few years GO leafs GO

Good for you. You did all that work and still are misunderstanding what I was saying.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Good for you. You did all that work and still are misunderstanding what I was saying.

You're wrong.

Even after 3 years Leaf fans were in denial. It wasn't until Burke was fired until they admitted the obvious.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
You're wrong.

Even after 3 years Leaf fans were in denial. It wasn't until Burke was fired until they admitted the obvious.

My point was clearly about the non-stop cheap shots after the tradeand getting high on yourselves and predicting dynasties and Jared Knight would be better alone than Kessel. Even the media naming that as a better trade in Boston than the Kevin McHale trade was funny.

There was threads on here even trying to tie Saad into the Kessel deal. Now flash forward years later, when Leaf fans try to tie Andersen into the Kessel/Pens trade we are told we can't do that.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
But Kessel has proven to be far better than Bruins fans claimed. You guys never thought he was a guy you could count on in the playoffs.

And geeze, the Jared Knight hype was embarrassing. No one would have known his name if he wasn't drafted with a Leaf pick. We told you guys this. There was a Bruins fan who predicted he'd be better than Kessel.

So what? Take any Leaf 2nd rounder from the past decade and you have 10 threads on why they are the steal of the draft. From that same year you had threads about how Brad Ross was the next Doug Gilmour.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
So what? Take any Leaf 2nd rounder from the past decade and you have 10 threads on why they are the steal of the draft. From that same year you had threads about how Brad Ross was the next Doug Gilmour.

None of this is true.

What's next, we said Bozak was the next Crosby?

I do know you guys predicted huge things for Jared Knight. What hype he got. We told you he would bust.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
My point was clearly about the non-stop cheap shots after the tradeand getting high on yourselves and predicting dynasties and Jared Knight would be better alone than Kessel. Even the media naming that as a better trade in Boston than the Kevin McHale trade was funny.

There was threads on here even trying to tie Saad into the Kessel deal. Now flash forward years later, when Leaf fans try to tie Andersen into the Kessel/Pens trade we are told we can't do that.

Take a look around.

You're in a thread about a Bruins-Stars trade and declaring the Leafs the winner.

...and if you want to mention Anderson then mention you gave up Maxime Comtois too.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
None of this is true.

I do know you guys predicted huge things for Jared Knight. What hype he got. We told you he would bust.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
None of this is true.

OK, I get it. You're the only one who can say what the other team supposedly said about one of their prospects. But when another fan does it, it's simply not true. Talk about eating your cake and having it too.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
He predicted the Bruins would be a Cup contender and... they won the Cup and made the finals and won the Presidents trophy in three different years.

You still haven't said who you used to be. Was it RogerRoeper? The biggest joke of a poster in HF history?

That post was made AFTER the cup win. Seguin/Hamilton/Knight were going to create a dynasty. In fact, Seguin was so poor in the 2013 playoffs they traded him. Hardly a core that created a dynasty. Knight could never crack the 4th line of the NHL.

Last edited:

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Definitely the worst trade in a long time. WOW! A future #1 center for spare parts. It doesn't get worse than that. Bergeron better play till he's 40+. They're going to need him unless they tank for a young center.

Missing the playoffs no more than two years in a row since 67/68 says that we don't tank. The Leafs on the other hand...

Confess it, Jared Knight arouses you. You have mentioned him more in this thread than he was mentioned in the whole forum in years, probably. That's love, I think.

Anyways... I remember how many Leafs fans took it upon themselves to call Seguin a bust after his first season when he got 22 points. Then, something beautiful happened: he took off like a bat out of hell. Remember his first ever hattrick? In Toronto, vs the Leafs. I enjoyed it so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad