With Hayes on waivers, Boston has nothing to show for Tyler Seguin

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Anyways... I remember how many Leafs fans took it upon themselves to call Seguin a bust after his first season when he got 22 points. Then, something beautiful happened: he took off like a bat out of hell. Remember his first ever hattrick? In Toronto, vs the Leafs. I enjoyed it so much.

I bet you did. That rapidly fading memory must keep you warm at night. Us poor Leaf fans only have the brilliant shining beacon of the future to look to for comfort. Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Liljegren, a top 3 coach, an exceptional management team, and let's not forget Kessels farewell gifts Andersen and Kapanen. That trade really was good to us looking back.

But that hattrick was nice. You guys really got the last laugh.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I bet you did. That rapidly fading memory must keep you warm at night. Us poor Leaf fans only have the brilliant shining beacon of the future to look to for comfort. Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Liljegren, a top 3 coach, an exceptional management team, and let's not forget Kessels farewell gifts Andersen and Kapanen. That trade really was good to us looking back.

But that hattrick was nice. You guys really got the last laugh.

A Leafs fan talking about memories, how cute. Okay, let's jog your memory then, let's not let things fade...
In the past 50 years, the Leafs: made the playoffs 28 times out of 50 (a 56% success rate), twice in the last 12 seasons... Cups: 0... Finals: 0... President's Trophies: 0... Best regular season: 103 points.
In the same span, the Bruins: made the playoffs 43 times out of 50 (an 88% success rate), in the last 12 seasons we did it 8 times out of 12... didn't miss the playoffs more than two seasons in a row... Cups: 3 (as recently as 2011)... Finals: 9 (as recently as 2013)... President's Trophies: 2 (as recently as 2014)... Best regular season: 121 points (117 as recently as 2014) and we have 13 regular seasons in the last 50 years better than your 103 points one. On average, 1 out of each 4 of our regular seasons is better than your absolute best, in the last half century.
To sum it up, the biggest fading memory here must be the last time you had a modicum of success, seeing that it was 50 years ago, in a 6 teams league by the way. In the same span, what we achieved is a million times better than you.

Congratulations on the "brilliant shining Beacon" (ffs) + "Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Liljegren, a top 3 coach, an exceptional management team, and let's not forget Kessels farewell gifts Andersen and Kapanen": until they achieve anything whatsoever, they're just part of one the worst, if not THE worst, performing franchises of the past 50 seasons.
All this up here is not an opinion (like yours, with the "top 3 coach"... The overrating of Liljegren who was just drafted... Etc etc), it's FACTS. Remember all this next time that you want to talk smack about the Bruins. You are not in a position to talk smack about us, not even remotely. And yes, if we compare us to you, we got the last laugh indeed, also the first laugh and every laugh in between since 1967.

Last edited:

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Ok.... my understanding ... Kessel trade was bad bit the Seguin trade was worst.!

My lady is more beutiful than yours... my kid Austin is better than your David kid and my father is stronger than yours! Wait til we win... we will laugh at you cause we remember 2011, 2013 and we still remember that Rask guy.

Is it ok leafs fan!

Tyler Myers

Feb 8, 2009
Sydney
phil-kessel-trade-tree-high-res.jpg

interesting to see this again in a few years :)

dirk41

Jun 9, 2010
"My best player who went to Dallas" has a grand total of 1 goal and 2 assists in playoffs games & 0 series victories in the past 4 seasons with Dallas. Cue t shirt with sad trombone image.

You're going to ignore 306 points in 305 regular season games because of 3 points in 7 playoff games?! I don't know which is the more meaningful sample size.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
seguin involved in some of the worst trades in a long time.

At least the Leafs turned Kessel into Andersen, Kapanen, and Rychel

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
You're going to ignore 306 points in 305 regular season games because of 3 points in 7 playoff games?! I don't know which is the more meaningful sample size.

The one that leads to playoffs success, as opposed to regular season success.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The worst trade in the past decade. I cannot think of any worse ones. Given how young Seguin was- Boston totally blew it. At least they have memories of the 2011 cup win.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, Seguin Krejci Bergeron down the middle would be pretty good for Boston wouldn't it? Still it's a laspe in judgment on the part of Chiarelli. All GM's have them.

end

Mar 18, 2007
Arklay Mansion
It's odd to hear a team that signed and rallied around Marc Savard that they don't have room for skill-focus players with little to no physicality. Looking now a top flight skills player to mix with their toughness and two way play is exactly what they need. Seguin wasn't Boston enough for Boston and now Boston is way too Boston to succeed.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Easily one of the worst trades of the past decade.

It's one thing to give up a pick or prospect that has yet to turn into a top NHLer for free, it's another thing altogether to trade a player about to enter his prime for next to nothing.

Shocking that Chia still has a job in the NHL following that disaster.

3 years or Loui Ericsson is not next to nothing. He was an elite defensive winger who also could score 30/70. And while inconsistent Reilly Smith is a 20/50 type of player.

Agree it was a bad trade, but the hyperbole is getting a little thick.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
A Leafs fan talking about memories, how cute. Okay, let's jog your memory then, let's not let things fade...
In the past 50 years, the Leafs: made the playoffs 28 times out of 50 (a 56% success rate), twice in the last 12 seasons... Cups: 0... Finals: 0... President's Trophies: 0... Best regular season: 103 points.
In the same span, the Bruins: made the playoffs 43 times out of 50 (an 88% success rate), in the last 12 seasons we did it 8 times out of 12... didn't miss the playoffs more than two seasons in a row... Cups: 3 (as recently as 2011)... Finals: 9 (as recently as 2013)... President's Trophies: 2 (as recently as 2014)... Best regular season: 121 points (117 as recently as 2014) and we have 13 regular seasons in the last 50 years better than your 103 points one. On average, 1 out of each 4 of our regular seasons is better than your absolute best, in the last half century.
To sum it up, the biggest fading memory here must be the last time you had a modicum of success, seeing that it was 50 years ago, in a 6 teams league by the way. In the same span, what we achieved is a million times better than you.

Congratulations on the "brilliant shining Beacon" (ffs) + "Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Liljegren, a top 3 coach, an exceptional management team, and let's not forget Kessels farewell gifts Andersen and Kapanen": until they achieve anything whatsoever, they're just part of one the worst, if not THE worst, performing franchises of the past 50 seasons.
All this up here is not an opinion (like yours, with the "top 3 coach"... The overrating of Liljegren who was just drafted... Etc etc), it's FACTS. Remember all this next time that you want to talk smack about the Bruins. You are not in a position to talk smack about us, not even remotely. And yes, if we compare us to you, we got the last laugh indeed, also the first laugh and every laugh in between since 1967.

Jesus. Christ. Learn to format your posts man. What a mess. The parts that I could make out seemed nothing more than a cute little rehash of every single Leafs bashing cliche anyone incapable of original though has regurgitated a million times :laugh:

Once again, you're the only one talking about the past. Toronto is building a dynasty. Enjoy the cheap shots while you can, because no one's going to care in a couple of years. You're going to have to watch these Leafs you just severely underrated absolutely curb stomp your aging, aimless organization again and again for the next 10 years... And we couldn't have done it without Phil Kessel. So again, thanks.

Last edited:

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
So: Senyshyn, Lauzon, & Forsbacka-Karlsson.

Probably at least one NHL player in there. Anything close to Seguin, Kessel, and Hamilton (or even Anderson)? Doubt it.

P.S.:
hQYYEnN.png

Still hilarious to see Kyle Connor and Barzal right after those 3 picks.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Jesus. Christ. Learn to format your posts man. What a mess. The parts that I could make out seemed nothing more than a cute little rehash of every single Leafs bashing cliche anyone incapable of original though has regurgitated a million times :laugh:

Once again, you're the only one talking about the past. Toronto is building a dynasty. Enjoy the cheap shots while you can, because no one's going to care in a couple of years. You're going to have to watch these Leafs you just severely underrated absolutely curb stomp your aging, aimless organization again and again for the next 10 years... And we couldn't have done it without Phil Kessel. So again, thanks.

I got nothing to learn from you. Nor have the Bruins from the Leafs. Results speak much louder than your silly bla bla and they just confirm this 1000%.
By the way, if you could not "make out parts", it's your problem and yours only, because no one else seem to have commented about that. Though, I will try to help you out by simplifying it down to the maximum: by ANY measurable metric, in the past 50 seasons the Bruins have dramatically outperformed the Leafs, AINEC. Nuked them, actually.

Once again, you are not grasping the situation. You talked about FADING MEMORIES, in the first place. Memories are things of the past, by default. Therefore, you are the one talking about the past, not me.
I simply REPLIED to YOU talking about the past. I showed you with facts that in regards to fading memories, the Bruins "curb stomped" the Leafs mercilessly over and over and over, and therefore it would be advisable for you to not speak about the past, because it will only lead to more and more disasters for you. I guarantee you that.

"Toronto is building a dynasty", uh? Wake me up when you won something or even gotten remotely close to it. Your franchise has a history of COMPLETE FAILURE since prehistoric times, hockey-wise. The smart bet is that you will find a way to eff it up, just like you did when you wasted Kessel's career. So I won't be holding my breath about the supposedly all-conquering Leafs.
About the "aimless organization", that organization has been able to reach heights in THIS decade that you either have never even seen (President's Trophy) and/or have not seen in eons (last time you were in a finals / won a Cup, the Beatles were the hot ticket and the Vietnam War was raging. The league had 6 teams, ffs. Let that sink in). And we did that WITHOUT tanking, au contraire to the incredible Leafs dynasty (<- joke alert). In your wildest dreams the Leafs could become like the Bruins. Just sit tight and pray that you can have success just like the Bruins, eh?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad