Wishlist

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I haven't seen this one yet;

Introduce the EA Gameface into the NHL series, where you can put your own face onto your pro, much like the other EA titles like FIFA and PGA.

dkorolenchuk

Sep 14, 2012
Hamilton Ontario
My first request- is to extend your gm connected into nhl14,so trading draft picks and 60 rated guys with a 4 and a half star potential is actually worth something if we know we are getting at last 20 gms back with same teams and rosters in nhl14 and then find the few replacements for guys that do not buy 14 for whatever reason.

Second-Do not turn BeaPro into Madden Superstar where it gets less involved every year,what about a BeaPro connected where you can same as gm connected set it so each franchise has 1,2,3 whatever number of created bea pro players you want for each team.

HUT,be able to change goalies in mid game if one is not playing well,also in gm connected have a window where you can actually pause the game and pull a goalie,it goes from resume/end game becuase you do not have control of the puck to the faceoff where they will now not let you change goalies,and with only one pause its near impossible to change a goalie mid period.

conway902

Feb 4, 2012
A few things for EASHL

1. Get the simple rules down like if the Goaltender leaves the net to play the puck its not an icing....

2. Also If I poke check the puck or it bounces off me and someone scores after then I actually get an assist.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
So I just won the stanley cup in NHL 12 on an overtime game winner. Here's what happened:
Goal!
Immediate cutscene to trophy presentation. I couldn't even do a celebration move with the goal scorer. Also, no clips of guys jumping off the bench to mob the guy who scored, no goalie skating down from the other end of the ice to join his teammates, nothing.
WTF EA. I want some realistic presentation in your game here. at least copy 2k and have some controls where you can skate around with the cup. I hope they fixed this in 13 but knowing EA, they probably didn't.
They suck at making it LOOK LIKE the real thing (don't want to comment on gameplay since I only have 12, but i feel like they probably haven't updated the aesthetics). Example: I blew out a team in a game 7 on the road and no one from the crowd left, there was no booing, no snapshots of fans of my team scattered throughout the building cheering, nothing. Also, lost a playoff game in OT and the cpu celebration was literally the same one they have in regular season mode.
So half assed.

Vikingstad

**** the King
May 1, 2011
Vancouver
Make it so that boosts and boost slot requirements are for drop ins, not just club games. Some people dont have the luxury of having a club to play with all the time.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
So I just won the stanley cup in NHL 12 on an overtime game winner. Here's what happened:
Goal!
Immediate cutscene to trophy presentation. I couldn't even do a celebration move with the goal scorer. Also, no clips of guys jumping off the bench to mob the guy who scored, no goalie skating down from the other end of the ice to join his teammates, nothing.
WTF EA. I want some realistic presentation in your game here. at least copy 2k and have some controls where you can skate around with the cup. I hope they fixed this in 13 but knowing EA, they probably didn't.
They suck at making it LOOK LIKE the real thing (don't want to comment on gameplay since I only have 12, but i feel like they probably haven't updated the aesthetics). Example: I blew out a team in a game 7 on the road and no one from the crowd left, there was no booing, no snapshots of fans of my team scattered throughout the building cheering, nothing. Also, lost a playoff game in OT and the cpu celebration was literally the same one they have in regular season mode.
So half assed.

The cup presentation is the EXACT same...

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
<Goon Mode>
Because I've been watching hockey fights and dirty hits all morning on youtube. I would love to see when I cheapshot a player, that the guy stays down or at least reacts in some way other than just a shove. If I skate all the way across the ice (holding down the check button to attempt to get charging or even not holding it) I should do more than shove a player if I'm using Matt Cooke or Chara to hit a player who is smaller.
As a side note, I miss spearing penalties. Some people deserve to be speared in OTP and possibly injured, you know who they are.
</Goon Mode>

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
My first request- is to extend your gm connected into nhl14,so trading draft picks and 60 rated guys with a 4 and a half star potential is actually worth something if we know we are getting at last 20 gms back with same teams and rosters in nhl14 and then find the few replacements for guys that do not buy 14 for whatever reason.

Second-Do not turn BeaPro into Madden Superstar where it gets less involved every year,what about a BeaPro connected where you can same as gm connected set it so each franchise has 1,2,3 whatever number of created bea pro players you want for each team.

HUT,be able to change goalies in mid game if one is not playing well,also in gm connected have a window where you can actually pause the game and pull a goalie,it goes from resume/end game becuase you do not have control of the puck to the faceoff where they will now not let you change goalies,and with only one pause its near impossible to change a goalie mid period.
To pull the goalie midgame press "LB+Back" (Xbox) or "L1+Select" (PS3)

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
One of the most frustrating things when playing goalie BAP is when an opposing player winds up for a slap shot, his stick breaks, which results in a tape to tape pass to a player on the other side of the net, empty net goal for them

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
For next year's game, they should add a mode where you get to manage a CHL franchise. That would be sick.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
FIX BE A GM MODE

Honestly, if they don't ****ing fix Be A GM mode next year I'm not buying their stupid game. I've waited 6 damn years for improvement and they've done basically nothing. No coaches, bland generic presentation, the mode just has NO LIFE to it. It is so bare bones and boring, I can't get into it because it just feels like I'm playing random hockey games that don't mean anything. Part of a great GM mode is making it feel like you're actually in the real NHL dealing with real people.

This is how you make a good GM mode -

-Make the draft like Madden, that Twitter feed is so cool!

-improve menu system, make it less bland.

-bring back the GM office from NHL 2004

-Include all real GMs from the NHL in-game, so when I make trades and receive feedback it feels like I'm getting it from an actual GM, not preset text boxes in a videogame.

-Create a half time show or some type of "around the league" type show which updates the latest news and happenings in the NHL, to make the GM mode feel more vibrant and real.

-COACHES COACHES COACHES. How in god's name do they have a GM mode with no COACHES!? Idiots.

-All star game complete with skills competition and festivities, again, make the game world feel real and interactive.

-Scouts that you can hire/fire, assistant GMs you can hire/fire, ability to waive players without having to send them down.

-Smaller markets don't sell out every single home game, this should be replicated in GM mode. Also, if you're last in the league and aren't Montreal or Toronto, you should have attendance problems.

-Team chemistry

-Player personalities, make these guys feel real, have some guys with attitude problems and others who are great locker-room leaders.

-League suspensions

-Brand new Stanley Cup Champion cut-scene with ability to skate around with the cup. We work hard to win the damn thing so make the cut scene long and worthwhile.

-Goalie fatigue, if your goalie plays too many games his attributes go down.

-THE MEDIA is a huge part of the hockey world, why not have a fake Twitter feed of some hockey insiders trying to predict upcoming trades. If a player on your team is underachieving, the media could start asking him questions about it, possibly making the situation worse. As a GM, you should be able to deal with the media as well, denying/confirming trades, things of that nature.

-In free agency, you speak to the player's agent not the player himself.

-Owner's favorite player - if the team owner doesn't want you to trade a certain player, you can't do it.

-New arenas, have the option to build a new arena after X number of years.

-Team funds, if salary cap is off, teams should still have to deal with funds like they do in real life.

-INCORPORATE THE OLYMPIC BREAK. Give the player an option to take control of an Olympic team every 4 years.

Its really unbelievable how lackluster GM mode is in NHL 13. Its TWO THOUSAND TWELVE, 30 years ago people thought we'd have flying cars by now and we can't even have a half-decent franchise mode from EA? Why is it that the GM mode in NHL 2004, an 8 year old game, is more in-depth than NHL 13? Inexcusable.

In summary, **** EA.

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Long post ahead.
FIX BE A GM MODE
Honestly, if they don't ****ing fix Be A GM mode next year I'm not buying their stupid game. I've waited 6 damn years for improvement and they've done basically nothing. No coaches, bland generic presentation, the mode just has NO LIFE to it. It is so bare bones and boring, I can't get into it because it just feels like I'm playing random hockey games that don't mean anything. Part of a great GM mode is making it feel like you're actually in the real NHL dealing with real people.
I can agree with you on the bold portion. It does seem a bit lifeless, but nobody really votes for it on the forums or on gamechangers (at least to my knowledge of skimming over the ideas) so nothing ever really changes.
Meh. Twitter. How about structure the draft like the most recent draft on TSN?
They at least made the menu background less depressing, I honestly prefered the menus from the '90s, NHL 2000, and NHL 2001. Then again I have a bias for the older games.
How about just bring back that entire GM/Franchise mode? That was quite possibly one of the best franchise modes I've ever played.
-Include all real GMs from the NHL in-game, so when I make trades and receive feedback it feels like I'm getting it from an actual GM, not preset text boxes in a videogame.
People will flip on the trades that Ray Shero manages to make. So they probably won't add this.
-Create a half time show or some type of "around the league" type show which updates the latest news and happenings in the NHL, to make the GM mode feel more vibrant and real.
Yes. Take page from FIFA also and use that system if they can't make something new.
-COACHES COACHES COACHES. How in god's name do they have a GM mode with no COACHES!? Idiots.
How about actually hiring staff instead of upgrading them? Although this contradicts with the "Bring everything back from NHL 2004's franchise mode". I really liked how I could hire my staff in NHL 2k7.
-All star game complete with skills competition and festivities, again, make the game world feel real and interactive.
See NHL 2k5, sorta.
-Scouts that you can hire/fire, assistant GMs you can hire/fire, ability to waive players without having to send them down.
See earlier comment in this post about hiring staff. Needs to happen.
-Smaller markets don't sell out every single home game, this should be replicated in GM mode. Also, if you're last in the league and aren't Montreal or Toronto, you should have attendance problems.
Variable attendance was a small feature in the older games, it was nice to see empty seats when my team was doing poorly.
-Team chemistry
Again, NHL 2k7 (actually, nearly all of the 2k NHL games had this I think.
-Player personalities, make these guys feel real, have some guys with attitude problems and others who are great locker-room leaders.
NCAA Football 2005, ESPN MLB 2k5. In MLB 2k5, sometimes if you tried to trade a guy, the player would say "But I don't want to go to [insert city here], I have a family here and I like it here. (something like that).
-League suspensions
Throw in some Brendan Shanahan suspension videos and you have a deal.
-Brand new Stanley Cup Champion cut-scene with ability to skate around with the cup. We work hard to win the damn thing so make the cut scene long and worthwhile.
Yes.
2K NHL series (again.)
-THE MEDIA is a huge part of the hockey world, why not have a fake Twitter feed of some hockey insiders trying to predict upcoming trades. If a player on your team is underachieving, the media could start asking him questions about it, possibly making the situation worse. As a GM, you should be able to deal with the media as well, denying/confirming trades, things of that nature.
Ehhh.. I'm not a fan of the twitter feed. Maybe what they do in FIFA would be better.
How about the ability to front-load, rear-load, etc. Contracts? I'm fairly certain every other sports game has this.
-Owner's favorite player - if the team owner doesn't want you to trade a certain player, you can't do it.
Not a big fan of this idea given EA's track record.
Yes, or how about the ability to relocate like in Madden if your team is losing money and the market is horrible.
-Team funds, if salary cap is off, teams should still have to deal with funds like they do in real life.
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. This annoys me that the teams have unlimited money if you turn off the cap.
-INCORPORATE THE OLYMPIC BREAK. Give the player an option to take control of an Olympic team every 4 years.
They would need the IIHF license first, and I don't even see that happening in the near future.
Its really unbelievable how lackluster GM mode is in NHL 13. Its TWO THOUSAND TWELVE, 30 years ago people thought we'd have flying cars by now and we can't even have a half-decent franchise mode from EA? Why is it that the GM mode in NHL 2004, an 8 year old game, is more in-depth than NHL 13? Inexcusable.
In summary, **** EA.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
FIX BE A GM MODE

-Team chemistry

-League suspensions

In summary, **** EA.

I agree Ehh pretty much all of it. With staff and coaches make them have attributes too. So a coach like Hitchcock will do better if you set your strategy to more of a defensive style. Also maybe have some chemistry between players and play style. So if you have all snipers you don't want to run a defensive system otherwise it won't be real effective. Maybe be able to create a coach. So much can be done to improve gm mode

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
IIHF license, the national teams are almost unplayable at the moment. Or at least fill the smaller national teams with real players.

And more important; add KHL.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Draft enhancements:
- Fix the ages. 85% of the players in the draft are already 19 or 20 years old.
- Add action items during the round. Give me a few minutes to move up, move down, etc.
- Prompt me with messages from scouts during the round. "Hey, Steve Jones is still on the board and I've ranked him pretty high. Think we can move up?"
- Add randomization to the draft selections. Every team in the league is drafting from the same list. It's boring.
- On the same note, introduce the idea of "sliders". Good players that fall unexpectedly. High risk / high reward types who could boom or bust if you decide to gamble on them.
- Include team status in the trade AI. If the team is "rebuilding" they should be less likely to deal away their draft picks and should be actively looking for more of them. Right now ever team in the league offers up their 1st rounders.
- Include pre-draft stats. Hell, even if it's just one years worth. SOMETHING to give an idea of what the player is doing. Seeing junior stats during the year for all players would be very useful.
- Inline commentary would be a nice touch. I'd even listen to Pierre rambling on about kids from Alberta if it meant that the draft wasn't so lifeless.

Pog Form

Jan 9, 2009
Toronto, ON
Get some professionals to do the player rankings because these ones are some of the most embarrassing I've ever seen. Prospects also need to be better in general.

Agreed with the prospects ratings. Certain attributes should definitely be way lower than NHLers' (such as poise, strength, defensive awareness, etc.) but there is no reason for a first round draft pick (or any prospect for that matter) to have a 50- or 60-something rating in speed or acceleration.

Pyth

Jun 24, 2012
  • more leagues (KHL, ECHL, NCAA, European trophy... maybe MHL and others minor leagues)
  • create teams (own logo, team name and city)
  • create own league (w farm teams) - I want make a league with, I dont know, 40 teams and 40 farms... (obv with thropies for best players and teams...)
  • fantasy draft for BE a GM from ALL players in the game
  • Fantasy draft for new seasson Be a GMConnected
  • PC roster editor :p

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
FIX BE A GM MODE

-Team chemistry

-League suspensions

In summary, **** EA.
All of this except for the owner's favourite player part is a strong yes in my books.

On top of that.

-If they can't do an Olympic thing due to licencing, it wouldn't be too hard for them to have "EA Sports world tournament" or something along those lines that functions exactly like the Olympics. Although I would only accept them doing this if they made the country jerseys actually tolerable. Saw somebody else on here once suggest that they allow the community to design and vote on country jerseys. I would love that idea.

-Player form (like in fifa). How the hell have they not added this? If a player is playing well, bump up his attributes by a little bit, and vice versa if playing terrible. This makes it actually interesting managing lines, rather than having a line that you like and just keeping it exact same all season only changing it with injuries.

-Team customization update. Holy hell, how have they not done this yet? It's been the exact same system since like 2006. At least give us some new logos to work with, or the ability to give them 3rd jerseys, and an arena that isn't plastered with the EA logo everywhere you look. Madden does it right, with the ability to customize it awesomely, even having 2nd logos and alternate jerseys, and the ability to create an arena.

-EA also needs to learn that players get worse as they grow older. They overhauled the whole progression system this year, so I was incredibly hopeful, but instead they decided to make it so anybody who starts under 80 overall plummets to 60 at 35, and anybody over 80 overall stays the exact same until they retire. Do they not understand that not every single star player is going to stay the exact same until they're 39? Very annoying how in 2020, most of the teams have very similar rosters to what they have now. On top of that, young players still grow too slow, and most of the players don't touch NHL level until they are 25ish still, which is really late in real life.

-Maybe get like TSN/NBC licensing, get their announcers in there, make the score clock look like theirs. In general, make it look like you're actually watching it on tv, other games with that end up with a really awesome effect.

-Mentioned it before, but stop plastering the damn EA Sports logo on everything everywhere. We know who EA is, we already bought the damn game. They don't need to advertise themselves inside of their own damn game. It ruins the immersion effect seeing it everywhere in-game.

I could go on for days, but this post plus the one I quoted would make me the happiest guy ever if even 10% of it was included.

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
- The menus need to be revamped. I don't need to see a thousand animations/sequences for a simple menu screen to pop up. It's like watching a powerpoint presentation full of useless animations on a slow computer. Make it simple please. No more laggy menus.

-All the wait times during online play needs to be eliminated. We don't need to see countless replays during the games. When the period ends, we dont' need a 30 second pan of the arena, followed by another wait screen. Make intermissions 10 seconds, with NO option to pause the game at any point. Seriously, you can't pause the game for FPS online, why the F can you pause an online game of hockey? It's Pejorative Slured. And when someone quits the game, everyone has to wait 30 f'ing seconds. You don't see that happening in other online multiplayer games. This is my #1 pet peeve with this series. It's been like this since '07. Make the online games faster and smoother with no pauses and waiting.

-The hitting this year is Pejorative Slured. I don't care if you can toggle the sliders to get it how you want. I'm sick of big Chara running smaller players from behind, then he himself magically bouncing off them when he does so. Pejorative Slured and unrealistic.

-Whoever decided to make R1/RB the poke check AND saucer pass button needs to be fired. Nothing worse then pokechecking the puck away from an opposing player, only to have yourself gain possession of the puck and fire it away. Same thing with having R2/RT as the change player button. Every single game, I find myself accidentally passing the puck away because I'm either trying to switch players, or pokecheck.

-Have a tutorial on how to do the cool dekes other players online seem to be able to do, yet I can never do myself. I sure would like to know the secrets they know.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad