Wishlist

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
GM Connected improvements:

-Fix the waiver system.

-Fix the load time, make it load ONCE not every single time I log into the mode

-Ability to re-sign UFA's during the season (this goes for offline as well)

-All-Star game

-Ability to see entire schedule, as well as the specific block you're currently in

-Make the draft live, no priority auto draft BS

-Ability to play in leagues OTHER than the NHL (AHL, CHL, EA Sports World Tournament, etc...)

-Improved scouting system

-A coaching staff

Basically, the NHL's GM Connected should have all the features (and a few more, obviously) that Be A GM has, and Be A GM should be WAY more in-depth than it already is. GM Connected can get away with being a little generic since its an online mode.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
- The menus need to be revamped. I don't need to see a thousand animations/sequences for a simple menu screen to pop up. It's like watching a powerpoint presentation full of useless animations on a slow computer. Make it simple please. No more laggy menus.

-All the wait times during online play needs to be eliminated. We don't need to see countless replays during the games. When the period ends, we dont' need a 30 second pan of the arena, followed by another wait screen. Make intermissions 10 seconds, with NO option to pause the game at any point. Seriously, you can't pause the game for FPS online, why the F can you pause an online game of hockey? It's Pejorative Slured. And when someone quits the game, everyone has to wait 30 f'ing seconds. You don't see that happening in other online multiplayer games. This is my #1 pet peeve with this series. It's been like this since '07. Make the online games faster and smoother with no pauses and waiting.

-The hitting this year is Pejorative Slured. I don't care if you can toggle the sliders to get it how you want. I'm sick of big Chara running smaller players from behind, then he himself magically bouncing off them when he does so. Pejorative Slured and unrealistic.

-Whoever decided to make R1/RB the poke check AND saucer pass button needs to be fired. Nothing worse then pokechecking the puck away from an opposing player, only to have yourself gain possession of the puck and fire it away. Same thing with having R2/RT as the change player button. Every single game, I find myself accidentally passing the puck away because I'm either trying to switch players, or pokecheck.

-Have a tutorial on how to do the cool dekes other players online seem to be able to do, yet I can never do myself. I sure would like to know the secrets they know.

There are plenty of deke tutorials on YouTube. That's where I learned everything I know about the dekes in this game.

Aug 6, 2012
Fix the skating. Players are still able to skate around in circles in the offensive zone like there are no physics. I thought the fixed this.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Defense needs to turn around quicker so that I can stop giving up odd man rushes when everybody is in perfect position

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
EA has got to step up NHL 14 regarding playoffs. The NHL playoffs is the most exciting in all of sports but you wouldn't know it in NHL 13:

-Personalized team entrances
-We gotta see the playoff traditions of each team ie. Rats in Florida, Octopus in Detroit, Catfish in Nashville, Whiteout in Phoenix, Green Men in Vancouver
-There should be more emotion from the players when they score an OT goal.
-Announcers should be cognizant of the score of the series
-Conn Smythe shouldn't always go to the goalie

Also
-A world junior tournament mode (you don't have to get an IIHF licence, you can just call the tournament something else)
-NCAA would be awesome
-USHL would be awesome
-In GM Mode there should be NHL ready players coming out of every draft, rather than having to wait 3 years for every prospect.
-Trading is revolved too much around the trade block
-All-Star skills competition
-The presentation needs to be completely revamped
-Second team of commentators
-The race for the playoffs in the last couple weeks is a big part of hockey. Try to incorporate it into the game
-The goalies mostly save shots that they shouldn't be able to save, and don't save shots that they should save. Goalies need a lot of work.
-Try to use FIFA's system of newspaper headlines and articles in GM Mode. FIFA does a wonderful job of making the media come to life.
-More songs on the soundtrack

I love this post!!

I would be psyched if they ramped up the playoff atmosphere and added a pair of commentators, maybe with a little bias toward your team to make you feel like you are watching a local game and keep the original team of broadcasters for 'national broadcast' games and playoffs.

The media, newspapers, etc is a great idea too; more immersive. Adding tourneys to the off-season would be great too; would make it better than just me skipping several months after I sign a few players in the off-season.

And for God sakes, can you add more create a team names to the list; or at least let me make up my own; I can't believe I can't name a team the "Panthers" It's a flippin real team already!!

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
- The menus need to be revamped. I don't need to see a thousand animations/sequences for a simple menu screen to pop up. It's like watching a powerpoint presentation full of useless animations on a slow computer. Make it simple please. No more laggy menus.

THIS IS A MASSIVE NEED!!!

I don't think NHL is as bad as some other games. NCAA 13 for instance, it takes me nearly five minutes of menus just to get to the point where I can play a game; then I have to wait for the game to load too!! Complete waste of time.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I want the dynasty & BAP to become more perzonalized.

I want certain coaches/players to have feuds. That you can praise another player to make him easier to sign. To call out for revenge/pay-back towards a player to perhaps injured one of your star players. Constant feed-back from manager/coaches & newspapers regarding your performances.

And in BAP, it's totally unrealistic that I, with 28 points in 16 games, gets sent down to the AHL-affiliate.

How about bench clearing brawls?

Personal comments from teammates / other players regarding your skill/performances. For instance, there's a rumor that Pittsburgh wants to trade for my BAP player and Crosby expresses his opinions through the media or via twitter.

Make it feel more like real life instead of the focus lying to 99% at the gameplay.

Also, having a 25-year limit on the dynasties sucks. I always end after 20 since I know there's no use to build a team considering the fact that the game will quit 5 years later. Why have a limit at all?

And if there are female hockey players, they shouldn't have stats that makes you laugh. The best female hockey player in the history will never be a top-50 000 player in the world - and will not have a rating over 60, and that's a stretch.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
The "sent down to the minors for being held off the scoresheet for two straight games" is getting old and annoying.

I was doing some simming and playing, and had 32 points in 58 games as a rookie but got sent down.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I want the dynasty & BAP to become more perzonalized.

I want certain coaches/players to have feuds. That you can praise another player to make him easier to sign. To call out for revenge/pay-back towards a player to perhaps injured one of your star players. Constant feed-back from manager/coaches & newspapers regarding your performances.

And in BAP, it's totally unrealistic that I, with 28 points in 16 games, gets sent down to the AHL-affiliate.

How about bench clearing brawls?

Personal comments from teammates / other players regarding your skill/performances. For instance, there's a rumor that Pittsburgh wants to trade for my BAP player and Crosby expresses his opinions through the media or via twitter.

Make it feel more like real life instead of the focus lying to 99% at the gameplay.

Also, having a 25-year limit on the dynasties sucks. I always end after 20 since I know there's no use to build a team considering the fact that the game will quit 5 years later. Why have a limit at all?

And if there are female hockey players, they shouldn't have stats that makes you laugh. The best female hockey player in the history will never be a top-50 000 player in the world - and will not have a rating over 60, and that's a stretch.

Why should we punish female players/players who choose to play as a woman? What exactly is that going to accomplish? Isn't it bad enough that there are almost zero female athletes in any major sports? Now they can't even be good in a video game?

ficohok*

Make unlimited number of seasons in BeAGm mode and to be able to transfer save file from NHL 14 to '15. That would be awesome.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Why should we punish female players/players who choose to play as a woman? What exactly is that going to accomplish? Isn't it bad enough that there are almost zero female athletes in any major sports? Now they can't even be good in a video game?

`
Well, they aren't good in real life?

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
`
Well, they aren't good in real life?

I get the huge woody for realism, but putting female characters in the game and then capping them at 60 OVR is stupidly bigoted and NOT what we want to be telling young girls. Or boys, for that matter. Adding female characters was a huge step for women in video games. Let's not turn it into a backhand slap in the face.

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
I get the huge woody for realism, but putting female characters in the game and then capping them at 60 OVR is stupidly bigoted and NOT what we want to be telling young girls. Or boys, for that matter. Adding female characters was a huge step for women in video games. Let's not turn it into a backhand slap in the face.
Well put. I think the female players in NHL 13 are decently rated as is. They wouldn't be dominant in the NHL like Lemieux, Gretzky, or Hull but they certainly are better than a 60.

Sutter16

Aug 17, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
I would like to drive the zamboni between intermissions. Yes i know 2k did that but they are gone now. And a new draft system and a new free agency system.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I would like to drive the zamboni between intermissions. Yes i know 2k did that but they are gone now. And a new draft system and a new free agency system.

For my own sake, I'm against you on the zamboni thing, because I can guarantee I'd waste 80% of my playing time screwing around on zambonies. :p

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Well put. I think the female players in NHL 13 are decently rated as is. They wouldn't be dominant in the NHL like Lemieux, Gretzky, or Hull but they certainly are better than a 60.

No they aren't.

The Wayne Gretzky of female hockey was an average to bad player in a 3rd division league in Finland.

Try 40-45.

Sutter16

Aug 17, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
For my own sake, I'm against you on the zamboni thing, because I can guarantee I'd waste 80% of my playing time screwing around on zambonies. :p

I think in 2k there was a timer of 2 or 3 minutes as for how long you can drive it. If they do put it NHL 14 and no timer i will screw around too.:laugh:

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus

So we shouldn't tell the truth in other words?

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
No they aren't.

The Wayne Gretzky of female hockey was an average to bad player in a 3rd division league in Finland.

Try 40-45.

The Swedish women national team got beat by a local team consisting of 12-14-year olds a few years back. It wasn't a blowout, but something like 5-2. This local team was nothing special, not elite or anything.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
So we shouldn't tell the truth in other words?

If the girls had ****** ratings then they wouldn't even be in the game at all. It would be pointless to have them with low overalls because the people who actually use them wouldn't want to anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad