Wishlist

Spitsfan67*

Make the computer players better in EASHL it's kind of a joke they hardly hit never poke check the puck, I can easily skate around them non shalant, same goes with opposing human players.

Custumize Entrance....in Be a Gm,Be a Pro,HUT, and even EASHL...and it would be sick to have your own home music in EASHL. Have entrance music, Goal music, Fight, Penalty, Etc. you get the point.

Finally upgrade customization of your pro, Add new Faces, Hairstyles.

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
Expanded create-a-team mode, and let us actually use those teams in more game modes than just season.

Each mode should have a "league configuration setup" screen, allowing us to tweak which teams are in the league, the alignment, the schedule, playoff format, etc.

It's not that hard: EA Sports NCAA Football has what I'm seeking for NHL14. You build the team online and can upload primary and secondary logos, pick your colors off the logos, and create an amazingly detailed NCAA Football team in the amount of time it takes to color the gloves of the NHL create-a-team.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Another thing. Allow me to set back-up goalie starts automatically during a simmed season. Something as simple as "start back-up goalie against the 5 lowest ranked teams" automatically.

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
I just had an idea, take cover everyone.
To those who play FIFA '13 you'll notice an abundance of leagues that (from my experience) are well integrated in the game's Career mode (Equivalent of Be a Pro and GM in NHL) unlike in the NHL series where the European leagues are rather limited in use. My idea is to take a page from the FIFA series and create an IIHF game. Granted the NHL wouldn't be too happy about this, but with no season, they have other issues to attend to.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ice_hockey_leagues
With the inclusion of the Professional, Minor Professional, and possibly some of the Semi-Pro leagues in addition to a more FIFA like Career mode, the addition of other leagues would create a hockey game that for once, hopefully wouldn't feel like an empty shell of a game that I paid $60 for. I heard that the KHL wants too much money for their license, and the solution is simple. Instead of naming it the KHL, name it "EA Russian League" if they cannot get the license. With more players and more leagues, you could finally have an actual choice of where you want to play in Be-A-Pro, or where you want to lend players due to cap restrictions in GM mode.
Furthermore, I would like to see the ability to use other leagues than just the NHL for GM connected. Last note, if a league doesn't have a salary cap, that doesn't mean they have infinite money in-game, EA. Surely EA can get the budgets of teams and apply them to the European/world leagues.

TL;DR: IIHF '14 needs more leagues and the FIFA Career mode.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Another thing. Allow me to set back-up goalie starts automatically during a simmed season. Something as simple as "start back-up goalie against the 5 lowest ranked teams" automatically.

This, please. No goalie should be playing 78 games a season.

Dmd

Oct 10, 2012
Sakic,bobby orr, Paul Coffey, yzerman, Lidstrom, bure, messier, ... Come on the legends teams are stupid

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Sakic,bobby orr, Paul Coffey, yzerman, Lidstrom, bure, messier, ... Come on the legends teams are stupid

In my opinion, legends teams should be made of legends and not current NHL players. If EA wants to have an NHL All-Star team, then take the best players in the NHL currently and put them on there. I dislike the mixed teams.

Dragon Priest

Elvenlegions
Nov 8, 2007
Metalheaven
It may have already been said, but for BAGM, completely revamp the draft presentation. It is boring and has been the same thing for years now. They can make it way more interesting and realistic. The last Madden NFL franchise I played was 2008. The way the draft was set up on there was great, IMO. Its probably even better now. But I wish the NHL could be set similar to that. Features like:

-Pick by pick announcements (make us feel like we are at the draft)
-Ability to make trades between picks
-A TV style presentation (like Madden)
-A ticker at the bottom showing draft order, draft picks, trades
-Ability to speed up or slow down the speed of the draft
-Trade offers from teams in between picks

Also, in BAGM, adding in real life coaches and the ability to hire and fire them (much like Madden). And honestly, it doesn't even have to be that in-depth at first. This is something that can be improved year after year. Simply a head coach and two assistant coaches and the ability to sign them to extensions, hire or fire them at the end of each season.

In general:

-Make the arenas look more like their real life counterparts.
-The board play has gone down hill, IMO. Needs improvement.
-More/updated celebrations.
-I wouldn't mind seeing a bald guy standing in between the benches.

Cweaver136

Nov 6, 2012
Harrisburg, PA
There are a couple of things that they need to fix for next year.
- fix the insane goalies. I have an open goal, and their goalie dives to save it before i even shoot. he of course ends up blocking it.
- PLEASE fix the half trips in the game. They sometimes call it, but then other times, they let it slide.
- Lastly, fix up the HUT system. The Packs are completely useless. (unless you get really lucky) The Training cards are completely useless. The Market is crazy high. Playing the game to get actual pucks isn't even a good way to earn pucks.

Overall the game is pretty good. But there are a couple other things I could mention, but I didn't feel like it. As with previous games, I will probably end up buying next years game, and then have complaints about it too. Oh well. I'll play it until I get bored with it.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
It may have already been said, but for BAGM, completely revamp the draft presentation. It is boring and has been the same thing for years now. They can make it way more interesting and realistic. The last Madden NFL franchise I played was 2008. The way the draft was set up on there was great, IMO. Its probably even better now. But I wish the NHL could be set similar to that. Features like:

Don't look at Madden 2013's BaGM equivalent. Completely blows NHL's out of the water in terms of presentation.

Actually, if you want to see what it's like, you can skip to about 27 minutes into this video. Or you can watch the entire thing which walks through the BaGM equivalent.

Last edited:

PookDo

Sep 7, 2008
Classic teams would rock.A dream match I have always wanted to see is the 2007 Cup winning ducks against the 70's era Broad Street Bullies or the Flyers that went to the finals in 2010 which would be unique because Pronger was on both teams.I would love to see some classic teams like the North Stars or some of the WHA teams.Maybe the ability to unlock players like the Hanson Brothers.

Dmd

Oct 10, 2012
In my opinion, legends teams should be made of legends and not current NHL players. If EA wants to have an NHL All-Star team, then take the best players in the NHL currently and put them on there. I dislike the mixed teams.

I agree

KA BLAMO

Aug 18, 2008
Don't look at Madden 2013's BaGM equivalent. Completely blows NHL's out of the water in terms of presentation.

Actually, if you want to see what it's like, you can skip to about 27 minutes into this video. Or you can watch the entire thing which walks through the BaGM equivalent.

It's frustrating to see how advanced Madden's Be a GM is over NHL's. Not to mention the fact that Madden continues to make it better every year, while NHL does absolutely nothing to improve.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
It's frustrating to see how advanced Madden's Be a GM is over NHL's. Not to mention the fact that Madden continues to make it better every year, while NHL does absolutely nothing to improve.

Madden makes much more money than NHL does, so you shouldn't be surprised it is better.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
First off I like to say that the NFL BAGM mode looks awsome,and EA did say they would try to stay competitive with all sports games...so ya.Futhermore I'd like to sugest a new Potential system,and also improvments I'd like to see come to BAGM,and the overall system

So the potential system.Here is a list of things I'd like EA to add

1.Boom/Bust picks(I think the red star picks are but they don't really work that way)
2.General risk in picks(Not all fisrt rounds become nhler's,but also every 1st round produces good players,and there shouldn't be 5ish superstars either)
3.Improve scouting+Make it important(let us dictate the playing style,and postition of are scouted players,and make it so your scouting staff creates a draft list as well instead of just giving you their top 5 picks from the prospects game.So you'd have the central scouting list,as well as,your scouts list)
4.Make picks have a %chance of reaching potential
5.Give each star rating a overall range(5 star players--if they reach thier potential--will land in the 92-99 range ie Generational talent)

So there will be 4 different potential colours:Green,Yellow,Orange,andRed .With green being the most likelyto reach their potential,and red being the least likely.So the %chance assosiated with each colour are as follows...Green(85%),Yellow(65%),Orange(45%),Red(15%). Futhermore if green reach there potential they have a chance to jump up 0.5 star ratings ie-a player with a 3 star rating and a green potential rating reach his potential(75-78)he could jump to the 3.5 star range and become a (79-82overall).Now if a player busts the amount the player will bust by increases the lwer the star rating

Bust/Star rating relationship(The numbers inside the brackets work like this... #=star rating drop-%=chance of a drop of that #)
5star-Drop 0.5-3 star ratings(0.5-55%,1-20,1.5-10%,2-5%,2.5-5%,3-5%)
4.5star-Drop 0.5-3 star ratings(0.5-50%,1-20%,1.5-15%,2-5%,2.5-5%,3-5%)
4star-Drop 1.5-3.5 star ratings(1.5-55%,2-20%,2.5-15%,3-5%,3.5-5%)
3.5star-Drop 2-3 star ratings(2-60%,2.5-25%,3-15%)
3star-Drop 2-2.5 star ratings(2-60%,2.5-40%)
2.5/2/1.5/1/0.5 will all completely bust if they fail to reach potential

Futhermore there will be the same star system,but with known overall ranges
5star-92-99overall(Generational)
4.5star-87-91overall(Top talents)
4star-83-86overall(2nd/1st liners)
3.5star-79-82overall(2nd/3rd liners)
3star-75-78overall(3rd/4th liners)
2.5star-71-74overall(4th/top AHL)
2star-67-70(top AHL/AHL 1st liners)
1.5star-63-66(AHL 2nd/3rd/4th liners)
1star-56-62(CHL 1st/2nd liners)
0.5star-55 and less(CHL 3rd liners,and below)
Note*-Top Prospects overall are high then the norm.

ok so here are a couple examples of the changes in effect
On draft day
N.Yakupov-73overall,4.5 star, Yellow(projected elite forward)

So he has a 65% chance at reaching the 87-91overall potential,and if he busts he will likely drop to the 3.5-4 star range or (79-86overall)

Current
S.Crosby-94overall,5star green(Generational enough said:D)

Crosby had little to no chance of busting therefore the results speakfor themselves

Moving along we arrive at BAGM improvements
Add a twitter feed that auto updates after a trade,draft pick,injury etc...and adds some analysis
Improve drafting ie like NFL 13 model,but customized for NHL(ie trading between picks,time limits between picks etc)
Improve Scouting as noted above
NTC/NMC
Re-signing players mid season
Players ie stars on bad teams for a long time,or players,not getting their minutes can request trades
More could be add:help:

One last thing..I would love more descriptive players types(ie Two-way,Sniper....Playmaking,Powerfoward,and of course the basic SNP,TWF,PLY,GRN,TGH,PWF...just player like Stamkos are Snipers only,but Datsyuk I would consider a TWF-PLY(two-way playmaker)

Thanks for your time:D

Thoughts?

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
Fix the over the top hitting and poke checks that hit moving pucks like it's baseball.

And the system crap doesn't work. My guys are always overcommitting on the forecheck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad