Wishlist

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
No they aren't.

The Wayne Gretzky of female hockey was an average to bad player in a 3rd division league in Finland.

Try 40-45.

Well she was a hell of a better player than me. If I can put myself in the game and out score Sidney ****ing Crosby, why is it so absurd that a female character can too? Jesus Christ.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Well she was a hell of a better player than me. If I can put myself in the game and out score Sidney ****ing Crosby, why is it so absurd that a female character can too? Jesus Christ.

I have to agree with you. It's not like they show up in drafts or anything in gm mode

TheFlyingV

Anatidaephobia
Apr 5, 2009
Yorba Linda, CA

There is a difference in-between creating a player and being the best in the NHL and including current players who's ratings are bloated just to make the developer/publisher seem progressive for PR.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
I wish they'd make it realistic to your age. Like some stats always increase, offensive and defensive awareness, passing, shot accuracy, and stuff rarely decreases unless they have an injury that'd effect it

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
If the girls had ****** ratings then they wouldn't even be in the game at all. It would be pointless to have them with low overalls because the people who actually use them wouldn't want to anymore.

In that case I also want kids playing midget hockey in NHL13, with ratings around the same as Justin Abdelkader.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
There is a difference in-between creating a player and being the best in the NHL and including current players who's ratings are bloated just to make the developer/publisher seem progressive for PR.

Are they doing that?

You guys are being ridiculous about this.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Are they doing that?

They kind of are, the only reason females were included in the first place was due to a complaint they got from a female that felt her gender was under-represented.

That being said, I have no problem giving them an 80 overall, not like it affects anyone, since you don't see them in GM mode unless you manually put them in, and you can change the ratings if you really care. And really, with the default ratings in this game, I wouldn't even consider that to be the biggest screwup in ratings.

EDIT: To poster above me, that would be an incredible game, shame it would never happen.

Oilers4life1987

Oct 20, 2010
Hey Diamond, why don't you think it wouldnt happen. They probably make the best game.therefore make more $.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The simming for the PS3 GM Mode needs to be improved. It goes unbearably slow! NHL12 was much faster.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Hey Diamond, why don't you think it wouldnt happen. They probably make the best game.therefore make more $.

They aren't going to have twice the work force to make less than twice the revenue. And if they aren't going to have twice the work force EA isn't going to fire their own people just to accommodate the 2k employees who have been out of the game for a few years.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
They aren't going to have twice the work force to make less than twice the revenue. And if they aren't going to have twice the work force EA isn't going to fire their own people just to accommodate the 2k employees who have been out of the game for a few years.

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up.

TheFlyingV

Anatidaephobia
Apr 5, 2009
Yorba Linda, CA
Are they doing that?

There was a big deal about how you could play as a female in be a pro for NHL 12, but of course there were only two models that you could choose from. For 13 we got Ruggiero and Winchester as legends and they even got their own hand picked legend teams playable in the game, never mind that those are just each's respective national team with them added on the top line.

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011
I'd like to see an opening similar to NBA 2k? Shoot around. As soon as you turn on the game it's goes to an outdoor rink/pond with pucks everywhere and you can just screw around. Kind of like practice mode with the ability to be 4 player. It could also cut to this scene during loading sequences.

-an option to play two on two on a single xbox with your friends.
- online 3 on 3 tournament
- more control of ahl team in gm connected
- overhaul BAGM completely

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
I'm hoping in '14, for goalies, attempting to cover the puck and hugging the post aren't high-risk maneuvers.

getzforfighting*

i cant wait to get nba 2k13 and laugh at how much better the be a pro is. and im not even a bball fan.

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
After playing Madden franchise mode and then playing NHL franchise mode I can say NHL be a gm needs improvements in pretty much every area.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
After playing Madden franchise mode and then playing NHL franchise mode I can say NHL be a gm needs improvements in pretty much every area.

Your first mistake was trying to compare NHL to Madden. Madden makes much more money and has a much greater work force to their disposal than NHL does.

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
I feel like players should progress throughout the season instead of at the end of each season. The draft also needs to be fixed. The first overall pick should not be 58 overall.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I feel like players should progress throughout the season instead of at the end of each season. The draft also needs to be fixed. The first overall pick should not be 58 overall.

Honestly this is my biggest issue with GM modes. Top five picks should never be below 70 overall, but they often are. It's strange... Shinkaruk used to come out of the draft at about 76 overall, but now he always comes out at 60 overall. Why the hell would they change that?

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Your first mistake was trying to compare NHL to Madden. Madden makes much more money and has a much greater work force to their disposal than NHL does.

Try playing the FIFA career mode and then looking at the NHL GM mode. It makes the NHL mode look like even more of a shell. :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad