Wishlist

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Made a list somewhere in this thread way long ago, but I feel like going again.

A good majority of these are things that will never happen, but would be just awesome to have. A few of them are things that could very well happen when they make the jump to next-gen, whether that is this year or next.

Graphics:
Goalie Models - They look flat out awkward. Their hips are too wide, even when factoring in the size of equipment. Compare pictures of in-game goalies to real goalies and real goalies actually maintain a shape that looks somewhat human. This may just be an illusion of the terrible jersey qualities on goalies though

Goalie Pads - This one baffles me, usually in video games everything looks shinier than it does in real life. Goalie pads in NHL 13 have 0 shiny level, where in real life they're actually quite shiny. This sounds like an odd thing to care about, but as someone who plays lots of goalie mode, this really bugs me. Also there is sometimes some awkwardness when making a portion white still having a pixellated black outline and such.

Jerseys - When there is any level of folding or bending in the jerseys, the lowness of the quality is incredibly noticable. Hugely noticable on goalies, even when they're just standing straight the jersey looks really morphed and awkward.

Presentation:
Sponsor - Seriously, if they could get like TSN or NBC to get their brand in this game, the feel would be sooooooooooooooo much better. Seeing "EA SPORTS" plastered on EVERY SINGLE SCREEN really breaks any level of immersion you could have.

Announcers - Yeah, don't even need to explain

Twitter - If they could follow Madden on this route and implement Twitter updates and such, that would be amazing.

Crowds - So many things wrong here, and so much potential. First problem is crowds don't get updated year to year, so Oilers for example is still like 90% 2007 jerseys, where in real life almost everyone has the new jerseys. Audio needs an upgrade, and dynamic capacity would be amazing (will cover later).

GM Mode:
Player Progression - This is my biggest gripe with NHL 13. They claimed to have upgraded it greatly, but it just got worse. In each draft there needs to be 1 or 2 people NHL ready off the bat. Players need to reach their max potential much earlier. In NHL games, peak ages are like 27-30. In real NHL, peak ages are like 23-25. They don't regress nearly fast enough either. In NHL 13, regression basically doesn't even exist, and players who are above 80 overall stay pretty much the exact same overall until they retire. Players should see very very mild dropoffs in their late 20s, and serious regression in early/late 30s, perhaps a hidden longevity stat to allow for a few people such as Selanne and Lidstrom.

Trades - Still needs fixing

Waviers - Still needs fixing

Dynamic Ratings - Fifa knows what's up here. If a player is cold, his overall goes down by a few points. If a player is hot, his overall goes up. This makes mid-season line changes actually mean something. In-game would be cool too, as the guy above mentioned about goalies.

Line Editing - The way it is now is just awkward. You should be able to set prebuilt setups and save them, and whenever people return from injuries, instead of going and manually fixing it, you could just revert to prebuilt setup.

Franchise Mode:
Making this it's own section just because there is so much potential with this. It could be part of GM mode or it's own mode really.
Relocation: In the off-season, you should have the option to relocate teams. If I recall correctly, madden manages this.

Finances - There are now rich teams and poor teams, just like real NHL. Teams such as Pheonix will have to make ticket prices really cheap to fill up, whereas Toronto can charge essentially whatever they want.

Market Strength - This one probably wouldn't work, but give ratings for "Market Size", "Hockey Interest" and "Fan Loyalty" for different markets. Perhaps the option to Create a market when creating or relocating teams too. Team performance over a long period of time also would affect "Hockey Interest" while over very very long periods of time the other 2 could change small amounts naturally

Dynamic Attendance - Mentioned before, this would fit perfectly with this mode. A team doing bad in a very strong market would have very little changes in attendance, such as Toronto, but if a team struggles in a weaker market their attendance throughout the season would go down dramatically. If they wanted to go incredibly in-depth they could even factor in the away team fans, but that would be unnecessary.

Non-NHL Frachises - If they went through all the effort with this mode, might as well go through a bit more and add in the option to do franchises in Euro leagues. This would actually take an extreme amount of work though now that I think about it, but would still be cool.

Customization:
Goalie Masks - A paint tool would be just amazing. Lots of games have a paint tool of some sort, so one for masks would be amazing, especially if you could upload designs to some sort of online community.

Goalie Pad Sizes - Skaters are able to change skate lengths and stick orientations that have an effect on their stats, why not goalie pads. Goalies who opt for smaller pads are faster and more agile, where as goalies who opt for bigger pads have more blocking size but are smaller.

Create a Team - Needs a complete overhaul. Give more jersey designs, perhaps a clone of each NHL team's jersey type with color changable. New logos needed, names that match the logo (2 ninja logos, no "Ninjas" team name), sooo many other things. They also need to overhaul the created team arena, create-an-arena would be soooo cool. If they don't even overhaul it, at least change it so EA SPORTS isn't plastered every 5 inches. Can't be too hard to throw the team logo in there.

Gameplay:
Puck Naturalness - NHL players don't have magnets on their sticks that attract pucks, make that more natural and have players fumbling with the puck more. Would give a much more realistic feel.

Goalie - The anticipation in NHL 13 was a step in the right direction, and it's a fun mode to play, but a lot of it is still incredibly clunky. Fix the post hugging and the way they are when they play out of their net for one, and the mode will feel so much better already.

Online:
Not even gonna start here, too many problems to get into.

Could have probably doubled the length of this, but I got lazy.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
The thing that's been bugging me this week is, when pinned up against the boards I would like my AI players to learn the meaning of "puck support" and give me an outlet along the wall I can move the puck to. At present, no AI player goes anywhere remotely useful when this happens.

GM Connected is basically the only mode I have played this year. The one thing I think would make this mode absolutely fantastic would be exhibition games. Often you have games against, say, 4 teams, and none of those teams' GMs are online at the time. But three or four other GMs who aren't on your schedule might be, and it would be awesome to be able to play "just for fun" exhibition games against whoever happens to be online, using your GM connected roster. No injuries, doesn't count for anything, just a one off for fun. Would also serve to keep people invested in the league after they've been eliminated from the playoffs, as the playoffs can take several weeks to get through and only a fraction of the whole league is playing.

That's my number one wish by far. That and reduced load times for GM Connected.

PookDo

Sep 7, 2008
Create your own uniforms would be fun and someone besides gary and bill doing play by play

Iron Mike

May 7, 2012
Graphics:
I would like to see more of a leap. It seems that they are the same every year. Even small animations like having the net move more realistically when a goal is scored would help. The crowd looks robotic. Better skating and puck animations would help.

Gameplay:
This is what needs adjusted the most. Hitting is completely unrealistic. Even with the hitting sledders turned down, players still get crushed at every contact. It seems every hit has a guy bounce 3 ft of the ice. The hits don't even look real as the players always fall very awkwardly. Sometimes it looks like they don't have knees.

The A.I is awful in every game mode (especially EASHL). The computer players have a limited variety of animations and decisions. A.I. teammates often freak out and pass to each other repeatedly, defenders will hold the puck right in front of the goalie, half the time the defenders wont even attempt to stop the puck carrier. Oh, and the computer still repeatedly throw the puck around the net when it is completely unnecessary.

A.I on offense isn't much better. The computer generally either stops randomly at the half wall, dumps it for no reason, or shoots from the blue line. The problem is that the computer will often pass up great opportunities for bad ones (often from the blue line). They often don't cut or go to the net at the right time, either.

EASHL:
One of the greatest online modes in any sports game. I would have loved to see Madden do something similar. There are not a ton of suggestions I would have for this mode. One would be to allow the captain to substitute A.I. teammates. It seems as if your A.I. teammates all have different skills (grinder, 2 way d, sniper, etc). Being able to substitute and match your computer players with your team needs would be very nice. Another issue is inconsistent goaltending. Some games the computer goalies are awful and others they can't be beat. At times their reaction speed is absolutely insane.

Seguinomics

Jun 18, 2011
Massachusetts
They need to add more real player faces for NHL14. Way too many generic faces

A few players that need real faces ASAP

Ryan Suter
Jack Johnson
Erik Johnson (first #1 overall pick to be generic face since Roman Hamrlik)
Brad Marchand
Ryan Callahan
Blake Wheeler
Zach Bogosian
Logan Couture
Brent Burns
Jason Pominville
Ryan O'Reilly
Nazim Kadri
Tuukka Rask
david perron
kevin shattenkirk
olver ekmann-larson

There are a bunch more, but these are the ones off the top of my head

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
They need to add more real player faces for NHL14. Way too many generic faces

A few players that need real faces ASAP

Ryan Suter
Jack Johnson
Erik Johnson (first #1 overall pick to be generic face since Roman Hamrlik)
Brad Marchand
Ryan Callahan
Blake Wheeler
Zach Bogosian
Logan Couture
Brent Burns
Jason Pominville
Ryan O'Reilly
Nazim Kadri
Tuukka Rask
david perron
kevin shattenkirk
olver ekmann-larson

There are a bunch more, but these are the ones off the top of my head

You know, many people think it's just details, but there's so many characters in NHL this days, you know adding Zack Kassian's teethless face or Zanon's bigfoot beard would be awesome ! EA must make some hard work on this area, FIFA have around 75% of the real faces.

Z. Kassian
zack-kassian-crazy.jpg

Ott
mag_debaters_07.jpg

Cluterbuck
1350934004-hockey_hipster.png

Neil
neil_spit_gal_640.jpg

all real characters players

nevesy86

Apr 12, 2013
NHL 14 wishlist

First of all, and I am surprised this I havent seen this more, but they really need to fix the playoff atmospheres:

-more authentic crowds (C of Red, Phillys Orange Crush, Pittsburghs white out, the orange towels in Anaheim)
-More intense crowds (more authentic chants, louder when goals are scored/big plays happen, count down the seconds before a home series win etc) Also louder and longer goal horns
-Post game interviews
-Better game stories and series storylines

In addition to that:

-Contracts need to be revamped completely (extensions during the season, more in depth contract extensions with incentives, other factors coming into play on whether a player signs somewhere other than money)
-For the love of god, get EACH teams actual arena and goal horns already. I dont care about licensing issues, do what it takes to get it done.
-Be a Pro needs to be way more in depth and interactive also. Also in this, you should be able to negotiate your contract.

-Be a GM, the trading AI needs to be overhauled completely. The CPU AI turns down good deals just because it doesnt completely match their trade block. Fix this EA.

-Hitting needs to be revamped, as well as the fighting engine. Go back to 3rd person fighting, and be able to pull the opponents jersey, pull of their helmet, add blood etc.

-Add suspensions into Be a GM.

-Re introduce goalie contact and have more post whistle scrums. Line and bench brawls would be a nice touch too.

-Have player ratings change during the season (maybe bring back hot and cold streaks).

-For each team, every jersey a team has ever used and worn should be available for use. Also fix the teams jerseys so they are 100 percent authentic (I know for a fact that Buffalos lettering/numbering are wrong on theirs, same with the Flyers lettering)

All in all, this is a very good game, but these fixes would make this the best sports game out there for sure.

MiXeriZe

Oct 23, 2012
Finland
As a die-hard BAGM fan, I'd like to see:

-Better prospect mechanics. Including better scouting, getting an opportunity to affect players development (with other means than just giving PP/PK time), more busts and steals etc.

-Chemistry, with many factors affects it. Player roles, nationalities, time played together, natural chemistry (some players just clicks together).. And make it so not every line is able to gain good chemistry.

-Bring money in as a factor. Hiring staff would be a must too.

-Some interaction with players. If my +7mil superstar sniper is having under 30 goal season I'd like to express my disappointment and stuff like that.

-Fix the AI

This sounds Pejorative Slured but "hardcore mode" would be a fresh take: You couldn't see any attributes of any players, you'd only have stats to tell which kind of player you have. I know it sounds steep but there's no numerical attributes or potentials displayed in stars in real life.

One nice visual addition would be group celebrations. Team specific goal horns and goal songs would be appreciated as well

Last edited:

Bullwine85

Jan 3, 2013
Neenah, WI
The commentary isn't bad at all, it just feels very stale. Give Gary and Bill some new lines, or overhaul their analysis. Otherwise, either

-Bring back Hughson and Simpson
-Get Doc Emrick and Eddie Olczyk (complete with NBC presentation)

Hell, like I said earlier in the thread, some foreign commentary like FIFA would be nice as well, get the RDS guys for some French commentary, and some Swedish commentary would be nice as well.

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
[Insert everything I asked for last year here]

Seriously, this game has been broken for years, and it's as if EA has no desire to fix it at all.

I kind of miss 2k...

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Easier to get break aways.

Now I get them once every 20 games...

Defencemen skate as fast backwards as I do going flat out as a 94 speed-rated forward.

Sens and Sabs

Neiled It
Oct 1, 2012
Ottawa/Buffalo
-All Star Game skills competition.
-Olympic ice hockey tournaments.
-Be a Pro mode similar to NBA 2K's. (Post game interviews, Twitter followers, interact with teammates in the locker room etc..)
-Better goalie mode. (Playing goalie in NHL 13 is terrible..make it more fluid with better reactions.. desperation saves are too slow)
-Dekes should be easier.. (Doing them with the control stick is frustrating for me.. I point the stick in the wrong way while trying to do L+R.. maybe press a button and point the stick up? for example?)

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
EASHL...make EVERY AI player have the same rating and abilities. It's so so frustrating to play an EASHL game and run into an AI goalie that has decided to play like Patrick Roy, when you have the AI equivalent of freaking Dan Cloutier in goal. Same goes for skaters, some AI Dmen are able to make amazing up ice stretch passes, and then your own AI players cant connect a simple 5 foot pass. It isnt a fair game when you run into this...just make every AI player an 80 overall or something, and let the people playing decide the game.

Other than, EASHL is one of the best modes in online sports gaming.

Yozzy

Feb 19, 2012
Me and my one buddy have a blast doing a playoff series. We both create a team, take turns drafting our favorite players (only rules are that you can only have 2 players rated in the 90's and must stay within the salary cap) and doing a best of seven series. Unfortunately, can't do this online, which blows. Online Battle for the Cup mode would be awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad