Wishlist

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

actionhank1786

Nov 6, 2011
any proof or is this just more of a word for mouth thing? Ive searched for years for an official answer from ea sports as to why they cant get it. to me, of course, having all iihf member nations would be really fun. by the way in I think in 2005 they had the real iihf jerseys.

I feel like the best solution to this is for them to just make the game easier to customize.
Release a template to allow us to make our own jerseys, and better position numbers and names instead of giving us set national jerseys that we can't change.
If they released templates for Uniforms and helmets, we could just have dedicated people make their own new jerseys, then if they make it easier to edit players and make it to so you can edit more of the physical aspects (Every player is essentially the same shape and size, just a different height and weight. It's too simple).
All of this though, is not worth much, if they don't make it easier to share these things. It's a pain in the ass to do anything with rosters or player edits right now.
Make it easy. So we can just upload a roster file and download it, be it through the system itself, or online, it would be such a better system.

actionhank1786

Nov 6, 2011
- Celebrations: They`re somewhat bland add some new ones, i.e. like when Yakupov scored against LA.

I'm all for new celebration, but i feel like Yakupov's celebration is the kind of thing that got us the stuff in 13 like stick riding and those types of celebrations.
I'd like it if they just made it more like FIFA, but with less goofy celebrations (I know that probably puts me in the minority).
Let you control the player, but then have your guys come up and hug and celebrate.
Maybe for game winning goals, or big game goals, have them fall over, or have the bench clear. Something to make scoring those kinds of goals bigger deals.
Also, i think not moving the camera down immediately instead of playing that little clip (where you fall awkwardly to the ice, and a teammate jumps on you) would make it a lot cooler.
Maybe make that an option (Kind of like in the show, you can leave the camera in whatever you play in for foul balls and home runs if you'd like, or you can let them switch to a more cinematic camera angle.).

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I'm all for new celebration, but i feel like Yakupov's celebration is the kind of thing that got us the stuff in 13 like stick riding and those types of celebrations.
I'd like it if they just made it more like FIFA, but with less goofy celebrations (I know that probably puts me in the minority).
Let you control the player, but then have your guys come up and hug and celebrate.
Maybe for game winning goals, or big game goals, have them fall over, or have the bench clear. Something to make scoring those kinds of goals bigger deals.
Also, i think not moving the camera down immediately instead of playing that little clip (where you fall awkwardly to the ice, and a teammate jumps on you) would make it a lot cooler.
Maybe make that an option (Kind of like in the show, you can leave the camera in whatever you play in for foul balls and home runs if you'd like, or you can let them switch to a more cinematic camera angle.).

Yeah, I always wanted them to make a realistic celebration event instead of you celebrating by yourself with your teammates raising their hands and skating in random directions.

Where are the group hugs after goals? Why can't they have an overtime celebration that involves all the skaters coming to the goal scorer without it being a scripted cinematic event?

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Where are the group hugs after goals? Why can't they have an overtime celebration that involves all the skaters coming to the goal scorer without it being a scripted cinematic event?

Been wondering this for a long time. 'Press B next to teammate to embrace.' :)

Glove taps would be a cool one too, especially skating by the bench or something.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
RE: celebrations. I wish they'd get rid of the cutscene with the goalie skating around and replace it with a group celebration. Like you can celebrate on your own, then it goes to a cutscene of everyone on the ice fist bumping or hugging the guy who scored, then do the goalie thing, then do the cutscene of guys skating down the bench and getting fist bumps.
Would also be cool if they showed the goalie being pissed if he let in a weak goal. Shaking his head, slamming his stick on the ice, etc.
And overtime/playoff/game winning goals need to feel bigger.
Lastly, this isn't exactly a celebration, but make it so you can skate around with the damn cup if you win it. NHL 2k10 managed to put that in and included options of raise/pass/kiss the cup. why can't ea?

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I have posted in here numerous times about numerous things. Well maybe not in here but in topics about NHL 13 and NHL 14 and what to add or make it better. Don't want to really repeat myself so I have some "New" things.

Improve the terrible AI. Really the players I don't control are useless. I see my AI D men just standing around all the time and when my opponents get the puck in their end my AI players don't back check them they just fall back on defense. Maybe that is something I can fix in strategy IDK.

Make fighting MORE realistic. It is not realistic at all. Players vanish and guys circle. Maybe they can add a few different fight styles to the game so its not always the same kind of thing. Also add fights off the face off. AND have AI players try to fight cuz since I started to play EA NHL games AI players never have initiated fights with me. Make scrums more realistic too. Add chirping somehow too.

Make more penalties too. I am almost never on the PP and the other team always is.

McLurking

Dec 19, 2011
Southside Chicago
One thing I dislike about NHL 13 is that you cant select the length of playoff series. Me and my college friends have an NHL 13 league/season and after we finished our season and completed the standings for the conferences, we wanted to play the NHL Playoffs Mode but every round is 7 games. We also have an NBA 2K league and we prefer a 3-5-7-7 format where a team is rewarded with extra games the further rounds they get. The reason why is because in a video game, you really don't need 7 games in the quarterfinals to find out who the better team is. We're talking about 1v8, 2v7 matchups here.

I don't feel the need for 7 games in the QF, we played a season so the seeds were earned, every team in the league had to earn their seed. Literally only one lower seed on the Eastern Conference said of our playoffs made it to the Semifinals and they were a #5. So imagine how bad it would have been 7 games of 1's kicking 8's ass, 2's kicking 7's ass, etc. Our Western Conference bracket was the only conference that advanced several lower seeds and even still all of the three teams that have made it to their conference finals [Bruins, Sabres, Wild] are all high seeds. The only series left is Calgary-Nashville and if Nashville loses there will be NO LOW SEED team in either Conference Finals. So why would it take 7 games in the quarterfinals and semifinals to reach a conclusion that we got in 3-5 games? We've had to play our playoffs in exhibition mode which sucks because there's no atmosphere and ambience of playoff hockey unlike NBA 2K13 where we got to choose the round lengths we need this in NHL 14. I love this game though, no other complaints, but I want my 3-5-7-7 format option cotdaymit!

goleafsgo34

Aug 17, 2010
Have the option to get rid of CPU in EASHL. It would be so sick if you could play two on two and three on three games.

Gary83*

Have the option to get rid of CPU in EASHL. It would be so sick if you could play two on two and three on three games.

Sometimes I absolutely crush d00ds in EASHL. I think it would be super cool if I hit a guy so hard that his frikkin head fell off, then as a side game you could actually use his head as the puck

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
They should make it so massive chains of dekes are harder to pull off than simple poke checks.

Last edited:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Ability to participate in warm-ups before a game, nothing too crazy, just 2-3 minutes of pucks on net as a skater or goalie.

Been wondering this for a long time. 'Press B next to teammate to embrace.' :)

Glove taps would be a cool one too, especially skating by the bench or something.

Both excellent "little" suggestions that make the games feel that much more cool. They could even replace loading screens with the warm-ups (have other players simply be animations to reduce the load time on that) and have you be able to "go to game" once you've had your fun and everything is loaded.

The "tap a button to embrace" sounds like something nifty.

As I said in the other NHL 14 thread, all I want is good sim speed on the PS3.

MrTaterSalad

May 29, 2011
Last year when EA's NHL team added that defensive awareness metric to the A.I. of the team you control what it caused was for the A.I. to start back on defense instead of going after loose pucks. When there is a loose puck the A.I. on my team should actually chase after it, depending on the situation of course. The A.I. should be intelligent with what it does, but it shouldn't start skating away from every loose puck.

Example of when: If I am in the offensive zone and the puck springs loose my A.I. should not start skating back on defense in every situation but in this game they do. By the time I get control of my A.I. guy myself his skates are turned and his stride has already started back up ice. With me having to turn him towards the puck that causes enough delay the the opposing computer controlled A.I. wins or is more likely to win the race for the puck.

Last edited:

MrTaterSalad

May 29, 2011
Player traits like FIFA has would be nice to. Pavel Datsyuk and Bryan Bickell don't play anywhere near the same in real life, yet they do in this game. Adding in a player traits feature ala FIFA would be a step in the right direction towards making players unique. It would allow grinders, goons and playmakers to all feel different when playing the game.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Drafting and prospects... In today's cap era the draft is how you build a team but the depth and skill in the draft is ridiculously low and you don't get to explore the prospects well

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Last year when EA's NHL team added that defensive awareness metric to the A.I. of the team you control what it caused was for the A.I. to start back on defense instead of going after loose pucks. When there is a loose puck the A.I. on my team should actually chase after it, depending on the situation of course. The A.I. should be intelligent with what it does, but it shouldn't start skating away from every loose puck.

Example of when: If I am in the offensive zone and the puck springs loose my A.I. should not start skating back on defense in every situation but in this game they do. By the time I get control of my A.I. guy myself his skates are turned and his stride has already started back up ice. With me having to turn him towards the puck that causes enough delay the the opposing computer controlled A.I. wins or is more likely to win the race for the puck.

This is a big thing for me as well. I love to play a strong forechecking game but even with changing the strata to have a strong forechecking I still have the problem of guys immediately leaving the zone to go back on defense.

I think speed for players still needs to be adjusted, I'm not sure how Aaron Ekblad can skate after backwards than St. Louis can forward.

I also hate how you can't deke and skate at the same time, it's ridiculous.

Another thing is when I want to spin my player around when he receives a pass or intercepts a pass and he always decides to spin the wrong way and forces his stick to go right into the other players' stick for an immediate turnover.

I'm hoping that this new hitting engine they are talking about is more realistic too. Pat Kane should not be laying out Lucic with no momentum going.

I hate getting tied up when going after a puck just because I skate somewhat by a defender, call interference for this.

I'm hoping this new strafing skating is better too because its brutal trying to straddle the blue line as a defenseman.

NHL12 did a good job of developing how different players skate and shot but in 13 everyone feels like the same player with different height and gear.

AlbinoAssassin

Jun 8, 2013
Ontario
Player traits like FIFA has would be nice to. Pavel Datsyuk and Bryan Bickell don't play anywhere near the same in real life, yet they do in this game. Adding in a player traits feature ala FIFA would be a step in the right direction towards making players unique. It would allow grinders, goons and playmakers to all feel different when playing the game.

Couldn't agree more

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Is this fo-real?

Dunno what he is talking about but a 3 vs 3 mode on a smaller ice would be hillarious. kind of like the NHL Arcade game that came with NHL 07 or the free for all mode that was on the earlier versions. If something like this would be implented i would buy the game for that simple reason, instead of 10 tweaks/revamps of the gameplay that will change nothing for the depth of the game.

It is a disgrace how the developers fools the customers every year in and out. I have not bought the game since 2009 and aslong as the tweaks of the graphics and poor updates on the rosters are done, and the total lack of depth in the game is there, im not buying it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad