Wishlist

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
Custom goalie masks would be so sick.

They could put a bunch of logos, graphics, flags, etc...

Most of the default ones are very bland and lame and while the team ones look cool they get boring after awhile.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Make a EASHL team, and select match club size when in the dressing room.

Unless you actually specifically only want to do this in OTP, in which case I would have suspicions about your true motives.

My friends and I want to be able to play against other teams and be able to select "Any" as our position so we aren't locked into positions. The only way we've figured to do this is make an 8 person match so 4 of us can be on one team. Other players are still able to come over to our team though in the current make up of the game.

We don't like playing EASHL settings where you are locked onto one player.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I haven't bought an EA Sports game since NHL 11 so I apologize if this question sounds stupid but here goes...

Y'know how for BAP Mode in NHL 11 if you start with a created player at the draft you play a few games in junior for the Memorial Cup before getting drafted??? Well IMO the ability to play a full season in junior before being drafted or even playing a full BAP career in junior before being drafted would be pretty neat IMO.

Any thoughts???

Jeffler

See You At Game 3
Dec 7, 2006
North York
theleafsnation.com
I haven't bought an EA Sports game since NHL 11 so I apologize if this question sounds stupid but here goes...

Y'know how for BAP Mode in NHL 11 if you start with a created player at the draft you play a few games in junior before getting drafted??? Well IMO the ability to play a full season in junior before being drafted or even playing a full BAP career in junior before being drafted would be pretty neat IMO.

Any thoughts???

That's been in the game since 12

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
That's been in the game since 12

Really??? What has??? The ability to play a full season in junior before being drafted...or the ability to play a full BAP career in junior before being drafted???

Like I said I haven't bought an EA Sports game since NHL 11 so I apologize if I'm uninformed.

Jeffler

See You At Game 3
Dec 7, 2006
North York
theleafsnation.com
Really??? What has??? The ability to play a full season in junior before being drafted...or the ability to play a full BAP career in junior before being drafted???

Like I said I haven't bought an EA Sports game since NHL 11 so I apologize if I'm uninformed.

Both. You can choose how long you're in junior for. Forget if it's by your players age or by selecting years, but you definitely can

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
I am a big BeaGM player. I woild love to be able to ask teams what they wanted in return for a particular player and have them give counter proposals to trade offers I make.

Scouting improvements would be welcome as well. Projections as to what their future role may be and projected time to develop to the NHL. Make the accuracy of this depend on your scouting level.

Have the ability to make trades at any point in the draft. Have teams offer you deals for your pick as it is coming up.

Just my $0.02 (which in Canada would be rounded down to $0)

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
As others have said, 14 needs better music. I enjoyed 12 but 13's music was terrible.

What would be cool would be allowing you to choose a previous entry's music. They could even charge for it in DLC, but you could purchase it and use the music list from, say NHL 2003, in NHL 14.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
As others have said, 14 needs better music. I enjoyed 12 but 13's music was terrible.

What would be cool would be allowing you to choose a previous entry's music. They could even charge for it in DLC, but you could purchase it and use the music list from, say NHL 2003, in NHL 14.

Yea I can't stand the music that comes preloaded into the game. Since NHL 12 I've been importing my own music including the in-stadium music and real goal songs.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Since all people do to defend is spam poke check, they should have it so if you get your stick in the way you may deflect it in your own net like real life.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Since all people do to defend is spam poke check, they should have it so if you get your stick in the way you may deflect it in your own net like real life.

That happens, and spamming poke check shouldn't be an issue considering they never should have removed the ability to keep the stick out and navigate it manually. The old way required you to be more active in defense.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I want them to fix the power play/penalty kill (in addition to a Be a GM overhaul).

-If I'm killing a penalty, and I chase the puck, make me pay. Put it in the back of the net. I find it too easy to chase the puck, come away with it, and send start a breakout as if I'm at ES.

-If I'm on the power play, have the computer AI do the same as above. They're far too aggressive and I never feel as though I'm setting up. If I have the puck at the point (as the QB, so to say), I should be able to hold onto it without facing much pressure.

JHabs61

Jan 9, 2011
Holy Christ for goalie mode can they change it so your goalie doesn't move 3 times as fast when a player has a breakaway against you? You know how many goals I've let in because I nudge the stick and my goalie goes flying out of position?

Hold L1, you move much slower and it controls your speed.(left button for xbox I think)

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
How about in GM mode, the ability to replace players in the lineup without having to search through all your lines and scroll through your roster for every line the guy's on. Also, fix the damn bug where you're stuck on the AHL (or NHL) lines screen, and it won't let you leave the screen because your lines are invalid on the other screen, thus forcing you to do "best lines".

JT3

May 27, 2013
How about in GM mode, the ability to replace players in the lineup without having to search through all your lines and scroll through your roster for every line the guy's on. Also, fix the damn bug where you're stuck on the AHL (or NHL) lines screen, and it won't let you leave the screen because your lines are invalid on the other screen, thus forcing you to do "best lines".

I found that if you get that glitch, if you press x to go to roster moves, bring a guy up from your ahl team, then send him back down again, it will be fixed and you wont have to do best lines.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
I want massive improvements to junior and Be a GM.

-Memorial Cup
-ability to see junior stats (in Be a GM)
-ability to see international league's stats (in Be a GM)
-no more 78 overall D-men later in the game asking for $6m+
-more late round steals (rarely find a guy past round 3/4 that becomes relevant later on)
-and many more, don't feel like listing all of them right now

EDIT: also, MUCH better scouting system needed, along with easier to navigate scouting menus

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I found that if you get that glitch, if you press x to go to roster moves, bring a guy up from your ahl team, then send him back down again, it will be fixed and you wont have to do best lines.

I'm free this Friday if you want to get married ... :clap: :heart:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I want massive improvements to junior and Be a GM.

-Memorial Cup
-ability to see junior stats (in Be a GM)
-ability to see international league's stats (in Be a GM)
-no more 78 overall D-men later in the game asking for $6m+
-more late round steals (rarely find a guy past round 3/4 that becomes relevant later on)
-and many more, don't feel like listing all of them right now

EDIT: also, MUCH better scouting system needed, along with easier to navigate scouting menus

Does that still happen? I felt like that happened a lot in NHL 12, but haven't seen it happen much in NHL 13.

To be honest the contract structure in NHL 13 seems to be pretty solid, and I've done 8 or 9 different teams and 5+ years with all of them.

IMPROVE THE GM BRAIN - that's the biggest thing I'd like to see them do. The mode as a whole is great, but the GM brain needs quite a lot of fixing. The waiver issue is a well known one now (damn Carolina Hurricanes GM).

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
One of the bigger issues I've seen with Be A GM in NHL 13 is that the FA market completely dries up after about 4 years. You'll have maybe one decent FA and the rest are third/fourth liners. It gets really tough to build a team after that.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
One of the bigger issues I've seen with Be A GM in NHL 13 is that the FA market completely dries up after about 4 years. You'll have maybe one decent FA and the rest are third/fourth liners. It gets really tough to build a team after that.

Really? I've had the opposite problem. 6 or 7 years into my BaGM the market starts getting littered with guys in the low-to-mid 80's because the prospects all turn into studs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad