Wishlist

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
All I require:

-Faster sim times (make it so I can turn off auto-saving, as I'm positive that has something to do with it)
-Fix checking so it's not so random
-Make season mode allow multiple seasons (Franchise mode?) where I don't have to do the drafting etc. of GM mode
-Cut out those replays where it takes forever before I can skip... I don't give a **** about the player of the game!

As a programmer, I understand the sim time thing might be more difficult but those last two can surely be done easily.

IIHFjerseycollector

Feb 2, 2005
Sturgis SD
They'd have to get IIHF licensing for both of those instances. And the IIHF is unfortunately very strict when it comes to licensing. Which is one of the reasons I feel we'll never see a game based on Winter Olympics Hockey (other than Nagano 98' Olympic Hockey, that is)

A more realistic licensing goal would be the USHL as an alternate path to the pros. Would like IIHF, NCAA ,and KHL licensing as well, but the chances of that happening are about the same as my state getting an NHL team :(

any proof or is this just more of a word for mouth thing? Ive searched for years for an official answer from ea sports as to why they cant get it. to me, of course, having all iihf member nations would be really fun. by the way in I think in 2005 they had the real iihf jerseys.

KuemperTantrum

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver, BC
There needs to be more statistics for BeaGM such as blocked shots, primary/secondary assists, powerplay assists/points so I can actually tell how well my dmen are doing on the PP.

Last edited:

KuemperTantrum

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver, BC
any proof or is this just more of a word for mouth thing? Ive searched for years for an official answer from ea sports as to why they cant get it. to me, of course, having all iihf member nations would be really fun. by the way in I think in 2005 they had the real iihf jerseys.

I don't understand why they'd need their licensing for world junior, why can't they just call it like the EA Sports Prospect Tournament, or something like that. They do that for the Olympics, why not that?

Last edited:

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
NHL 13 was one step forward, two steps back for me.

Pass aiming needs to be dramatically improved. I can't emphasize this enough. Hitting mechanics, poke checking, and skating all need to be improved and tweaked. The entire game just felt buggy all year, more so than 11 and 12. Granted, this is a better game as a whole, but so many little things were wrong. Especially the passing.

Be a GM has needed a gross re-vamping for 7 years now.

LEGENDS. I can't stress this enough.

How do we go backwards like this?

We have 9 legends in NHL 12, and take away all of them except Gretz, Mario, and Roenick? Roenick!? Hasek, Gilmour, and Kurri should have been additions to the existing group, not semi-replacements. I have no problem with Ruggiero and Wickenheiser necessarily, but to replace Howe and Bourque with them seems like a slap to the face of NHL legends. I want legend teams similar to that of the 2K series of NBA. Can't we have a '04 Lightning, '03 Devils, '02 Wings, '01 Aves, '99 Stars and Devils, '97 Flyers and Wings, '94 Rangers and Nucks, '93 Leafs and Habs, '91 Pens, '89 Flames, '86 Habs, '84 Oilers, '80 Isles, '76 Habs, '74 Flyers, '72 Bruins, '67 Leafs, '55 Wings, '57 Habs, etc. etc. etc.

I've bought the EA NHL series every year since 2003, but the series is grossly starting to stagnate, I'm actually for the first time planning on not buying the next copy unless I see some better improvements, and after the last trailer, I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed.

Leafs Fan

May 9, 2013
One thing i know EA has to fix in NHL 14 is to fix the player growth section make it much more realistic.

For an example i simulated through a season with the Maple Leafs

Players

Ryan Hamilton(68 overall) Tyler Berner(57 Overall) same age but hamilton has a higher potential

Hamilton scored 10 goals and got 33 assists playing 1st line wing and he went from a 69 to a 69

Berner was a healthey AHL scracth all season and he went from a 57 to a 71

How does that make sense Berner contract was expiring, they were same age and Hamilton was a better player.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
One thing i know EA has to fix in NHL 14 is to fix the player growth section make it much more realistic.

For an example i simulated through a season with the Maple Leafs

Players

Ryan Hamilton(68 overall) Tyler Berner(57 Overall) same age but hamilton has a higher potential

Hamilton scored 10 goals and got 33 assists playing 1st line wing and he went from a 69 to a 69

Berner was a healthey AHL scracth all season and he went from a 57 to a 71

How does that make sense Berner contract was expiring, they were same age and Hamilton was a better player.

LOL ea. One thing I really wish they'd let you do is have auto AHL lines (i.e. a set line up that it reverts to when everyone is healthy, even though that almost never happens) because they never give young players enough time, it's a bunch of AHL lifers/random vets on your top 2 lines and then young guys don't develop
Also, having seen a **** ton of OT playoff games this year: Please, please, EA, revamp the playoff OT celebration! Have a shot of the entire team leaping over the bench and mobbing the goal scorer along the boards, goalies skating out to celebrate with everyone, fans going nuts, players on the opposing team falling to the ice in despair, etc. Make it feel like a playoff game

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York
Playoff Beard Function - A simple addition. Under the "Facial Hair" section, add a "Playoff Beard" section, in which you can choose what facial hair said player has, albeit the facial hair is only visible in the post-season.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I still think diving would be cool

Have players like Kesler be able to dive and get away, but if someone else not so experienced tries it then he will get called for embellishing haha

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
I'm sure I've said this before, but that hilariously awful puck-chopping mechanic needs to go away. And I say "go away" and not "be fixed" because I have zero faith that EA is capable of doing anything right.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
For GM Mode

When I play GM mode, I'll often play with injuries off (due to the crazy amount of them). Along with that, it takes a solid 30 seconds extra to switch goalies for different games. I individually simulate every game, I would really like a simple option.

When individually simulating a game in GM mode, add the option of which goalie will be starting

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Revert the potential system from the stars back to the letter grades. That, reducing injuries, and making simming faster would make BaGM so much better for me personally.

KingKadri

Apr 26, 2013
Halifax
For next year's game, they should add a mode where you get to manage a CHL franchise. That would be sick.

I love this idea. CHL GM mode complete with import draft, US recruiting, overagers, players leaving to the nhl right after the draft, memorial cup bidding, franchise relocation and building changes...ect. The possibilities are endless.

Take a garbage franchise with an old small barn and turn them into a powerhouse with a new beautiful arena that encourages top US and European players to sign with you. then bid to host the mem cup next time it is in your league. So sick

Chieftans22*

Revert the potential system from the stars back to the letter grades. That, reducing injuries, and making simming faster would make BaGM so much better for me personally.

Why no more stars? I actually like the stars much better.

capitalsrock

Sep 7, 2012
Computers are too predictable and I absolutely hate the hitting in the game. I always finish my checks yet somehow i finish the game with 0 or a couple hits. I'm not the biggest guy because I don't want to be 6'9 275 and skate slow as hell. The hits are only really counted when you knock the guy overall and that is not how it is in the NHL. I would love to get some credit for smashing guys into the glass and finishing my checks after they give away the puck like they do in the NHL.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I love this idea. CHL GM mode complete with import draft, US recruiting, overagers, players leaving to the nhl right after the draft, memorial cup bidding, franchise relocation and building changes...ect. The possibilities are endless.

Take a garbage franchise with an old small barn and turn them into a powerhouse with a new beautiful arena that encourages top US and European players to sign with you. then bid to host the mem cup next time it is in your league. So sick
I second this, would be absolutely amazing.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Why no more stars? I actually like the stars much better.

Mainly because it's basically impossible to find steals in the draft past the second round. Every player in the later rounds has one and a half stars or two stars and it never changes. Whereas when the letter grades were used, there were times when players would go from a B- to a B, or even A- at times. Growth from young players is almost nonexistent in NHL 13, I've had first round picks stay at 72 overall until their 24, and their stars just stayed at 3.5. I just feel like the draft has become incredibly mediocre because you know you're not going to get any decent players from the 3rd round and on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad