Wishlist

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

boltz88

Feb 18, 2013
-add the all-star fantasy draft and all-star skills competition
- I hate buying contract cards every time I finish a game in HUT and they only last for a bit. Do per year contract cards not per 7,8 games
-hitting is SO unrealistic, sometimes nathan gerbe is able to hit someone like zdeno chara or shea weber down with ease.
-i hate simming be a pro then getting put down to the minors even though I'm the leading scorer on the team and the league. Nobody would do that in real life what's the problem with the gm's in this game

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
-add the all-star fantasy draft and all-star skills competition
- I hate buying contract cards every time I finish a game in HUT and they only last for a bit. Do per year contract cards not per 7,8 games
-hitting is SO unrealistic, sometimes nathan gerbe is able to hit someone like zdeno chara or shea weber down with ease.
-i hate simming be a pro then getting put down to the minors even though I'm the leading scorer on the team and the league. Nobody would do that in real life what's the problem with the gm's in this game

If that gets put in the game. I'm out.
[size=-3]Biggest joke of an all-star competition ever.[/size]

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
There there, I'll get your bottled milk, so you can have a nap.

It better be warm milk, last time it was frozen in the bottle! :pout:
I'm still not a fan of the backyard picking system for an all-star game. I prefer either North America vs World or at least the two conferences to play each other.
It would be wonderful to be able to choose the option to have the various all-star formats in the NHL game but knowing EA that'll never happen again.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012

You do realize they have 7,8,9,10,12,20,25,30,50,80 game contracts right? I have 5 pages of 30 game contracts.

ehockey

Dec 19, 2012
Only gonna comment on GM/GMC since it's really all I do...

Just to name a few

Contracts
--Being able to extend contracts mid-season (There has to be a middle ground somewhere between no extensions and the extensions ruining the offseason UF signing period ~ or just deal with it)
--Hand-in-hand with the extensions, this would keep the high profile players from hitting UFA, because no GM in their right mind would give any other teams the opportunity to out-bid on the open market for the Sedin's
--Brad Richards on waivers, enough said.
Prospects/Drafting
--Taking scouting one step further, I can't tell you how pissed I am when I want the scout to look at Seth Jones just to let me know that already know he is a Green4.5* and the scout didn't even look at him in those 6 weeks!!
--The drafted players need to be more realistic; Yakupov and Gally have come in and produced right away, in GMC they won't produce until after age 22. I'm not saying every highly drafted player is ready fresh out of the CHL, but still.
--Some combination of the number of different rating systems for prospects that have been posted here. I don't mean to say it should get insanely complex, but something based more on personal and team production/success along with general growth (ie. player had 50 pts on the teams 2nd line for a cup team, and he turned 23, etc.)
--Byfuglien-8th/Benn-5th/Datsyuk-6th after being undrafted twice!! I'm not saying give us a Pavel every season, but later rounds should surely have some productive NHLers
Gameplay
--Injury frequency
--The simulation engine is crazy if it feels Crosby will go for 73 pts in 81 game season. He would either easily go north 100pts...(or south of 50gp :sarcasm:)
--Player/prospect development; all points of the spectrum from how long it takes them to grow to how easily a player like Iginla's offensive awareness decreases. I don't think Jerome would forget how to play in the offensive zone just because he is 6 months older
--Development throughout the season for the young kids rather than a 17 point jump in the summer for Mr. Huberdeau
--Rating system more based on roles rather than strictly overall. Obviously some type of number has to be involved to a certain degree to distinguish between Crosby/Malkin/etc on the first line and Brower/Dupuis/etc being on the first line. It would be a long process to come to some type of an answer, but it's necessary Because they gap in skill between groups of players is not what it should be (if Crosby is 95, the closest player not named Malkin/Stamkos should be 85 at most.

Lastly: ~--The Draft--~
How hard would it be to simply take the software/programming/whatever from Madden 13 and use it for NHL 14??? I have never really been a fan of any other sport game and rarely play them, but seeing the link someone else posted here, it almost makes me want to play it simply for the draft itself.
(someone who has game programming knowledge would have a better understanding on this)

I can only imagine using that format and seeing Pierre tweeting about some certain '2nd Round LW whom caught Pierre's attention when he amassed hits during his Midget Minor AAA year at age 15.'

And don't forget, if nothing else new gets added, a "Name That Squirt" segment during the 1st intermission would be grand. :vhappy:

Last edited:

Referee23

Jun 16, 2012
More!

The game needs to feel more like an NHL game. Here's my list:
-implementation of 4 officials out there. I know it sounds dorky but it would be pretty cool if they had the actually NHLOA guys out there. Have them get in the way to add a twist.
-better penalties! In 12 you would ALWAYS get a 5 + game for check from behind. In 13, every stick lift ends up in a players face. They in the NHL, they know how to use those sticks!
-going to "Toronto". I know they go upstairs on completly obvious goals but it would shake things up with a suspenseful call.
-fanbase personalities. I know this can be hard to program because teams like Phoenix can't field more fans than a peewee game, but Philly's terrifying crowd or Montreals energy would be awesome.
-pregame shows/anthem/starters/tv-like presentation: if they can get it as close to a TSN broadcast displaying an authentic NHL start up show of the actual team, it would make a difference.
-Pre-game warm up. It would be cool.
-No more Gary Thorne and Bill Clemment! Bring in Doc Emrick and Ed Olcyk or the actual commentators of the teams.
-include WJC, ECHL, USHL, and maybe NCAA D1?
-more gear. Custom twigs, buckets, wheels and mitts. Better visor selection. Make them look like NHLers!

ChokingV

Mar 25, 2006
Downtown SJ
Well something needs to be done. Make every member of the team agree to kick that person, and they are gone. If it's abused, it can be worked out later. They have to give it a try.

I've played a lot of online games in a lot of different genres across a lot of different platforms and I have only seen the votekick abused a handful of times, so I don't think it would be an issue.

A good compromise would be letting the AI coach bench a player for a certain amount of time. You went offsides five times in a row? Well, you get to sit on the bench for the rest of the period. You'll get to play the next period, but if you are offside one more time, then you get to sit the rest of the game. Knowing EA, though, this feature would be completely broken so maybe it wouldn't work.

I wish EA did a better job of tracking a player's reputation. I like to play OTP a lot, and there is always a handful of players that refuse to ready up or select a position. They go from lobby to lobby, let the three minute clock tick down, and then leave. Imagine of these players were branded, or weren't allowed into a new room, if they did it often enough.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
NHL 14 Wish list

Ok I’ll take care of the out of game experience, and non-gameplay (I don’t know much about hockey) a lot of what I’m taking is from other EA franchises I rarely play online so I’m mainly referring to offline stuff.

Be a GM mode
- Teams will have an actual budget to work on The Budget consists of :
- Players’ Salaries: Somewhat self-explanatory you have to abide by this it also includes a salary cap, and any team budget, in other words Phoenix won’t be signing suter and parise for close to 200 mill. Furthermore based on your reputation you may have to pay more or less to get your players. Depending on the difficulty, you may have more or less to work.
- Scouting expenses: you also have to hire scouts; you have 6 slots of scouts 3 north American and 3 European. They will have two rankings from one to 5 (1= worst/cheapest to 5= best/ most expensive) they will be ranked on Experience and Judgement. You start from scratch and have to hire your scouts; you can also have your scouts focus on positions if you want. Wherever the Scouts are from will affect quality, i.e. if you hire a Russian Scout they will provide better quality scouting reports for Russian based players.
- Coaches expenses: You’ll have to think hard on this is an important expense, better coaches will improve player development and influence strategies i.e. a defensive coach will have players play a more defensive style. Coaches will also affect default line combinations.

GM management:
- Players: You are going to see more interaction from players and that will affect team morale, i.e. unhappy players will air their grievances to you or the media and in fact they may demand trades. I also thought of integrating TSN insiders into both Be a GM , and Be a Pro mode, i.e. let’s say it’s the trade deadline don’t be surprised if either Bob Mackenzie and/or the other insiders picking up on to any trade inquiries ( this will effect on ice performance as well). In addition, Players who commit controversial hits will be targeted, and previous games may influence player intensity.
- TSN Insider integration: From time to time you’ll see trade rumors from TSN insiders, this could affect player morale and team cohesion. Bob Mackenzie, Darren Dreggier and Pierre Lebrun, will bring in game rumors, if there’s a trade rumour going around rest assured they’ll report on it.
- Social Media: Any Decision you make will be scrutinized, with Twitter and Facebook Integration. Your actions will also if they are necessary may have the owner implicated. This also includes Media Scrutiny and depending on the team, this may range from mild to severe depending on the team’s performance, In other words being the GM for Montreal is a lot harder than being the GM for Phoenix.
- Smarter AI: This is obvious The GM AI is somewhat dumb. When I am offered Paul Stastny for Carl Sneep, you know there is something wrong with the AI.
- Set Prices: This may seem out of topic but you will be able to generate revenue on how you balance the books. To create Revenue you set Ticket prices ( from Low, Med, High) it’s a juggling book to determine when to raise the prices. If you set them High all the Time you’ll have less attendance and if you set them to low all the time you wont be able to make money.
- Upgrades: You’ll be able to upgrade Capacity to increase revenue, but be careful depending on expansions it could cripple your team in the future.
- Pressure: there are a few groups you have to please. They are Fans, Owners, Players and Media . the point is to keep them Happy, if the Fans are pissed then Attendance will fall, and you’ll be hearing chants like GM Quit and the commentators will actually comment on this. If the Owners are pissed then you’ll have less money to work with, players that are pissed will either a) Demand a Trade B) Call for your head or C) Both. For the Media, if your team is doing bad you’ll see Tweets saying things like the GM has to Go and stuff like that.

- Trades: Trades will affect team dynamics i.e. let’s say you make a trade for a to defensemen and you have a surplus on them you’ll hear it from players ( This includes Prospects). GM reputations will also affect trades that you are able to do. In other words if you use Philly your relationship with Nashville will be negatively affected because of the Webber offer sheet. Also trying to cheat the system will also affect your relationship and influence the trade value for any asset.
- Fired: You can be fired and hired in the middle of the season as well.
- Prospects: for those teams who have prospects in a league other than NHL or AHL will be able to be recalled for the playoffs, you can also see how they are preforming as well. Also not all prospects may want to play for your team, they may not want to play for your team so there’s a risk there.
- Contract Negotiations: You can negotiate with a player a year before their contract is up. when negotiating a free agents contract, you’ll have a few things to consider when negotiating starting with
Bonus: You’ll have to give a player bonus/signing fee when negotiating this will be a percent of the salary
- Player’s Salary: You can negotiate a player’s Salary for the duration of the contract, this may affect moral, lets say i.e. Crosby and Malkin as comparisons; Malkin is going to expect something equal or greater to what Crosby is earning and this is going to affect the market as well.

- Player’s Moral: Depending on the player’s loyalty (i.e Alfie) they may take a home discount, also negatively treating the player may affect relations between the team and their fans. The opposite may also happen,

Be A Pro
- International Competition: Honestly there needs to be a way for a pro to play in an international competition; Hell create some random cup of nations, this also applies to juniors as well so you can play in the World Juniors, Olyimpics and the World Championships.
- Social Media Integration: Kind of like in Madden you are under the microscope per say, your coach, GM, Fans and Media and teammates. Pundits will make tweets depending on your performance.
- Not Get Drafted: If you don’t play well you won’t get drafted, and you’ll have to prove yourself.
- European Leagues: You can also play in Europe, and depending on your performance at the end of the season, you will be drafted accordingly.
- CHL Import Draft: You can decide if you want to be part of the CHL import draft,
- Goalie Masks: Using the same technology in Fifa 13 to create team designs, you can create custom goalie mask.
- Called up: Depending on when your season ends you can be called up to play in either the NHL or AHL.
- Change the number of games per season: Let us decide how long the season is, we can choose how long the season is.
- Negotiate contracts: Depending on many factors, you will get to set your prices but be careful if it is too high your team may trade you, bluff and/or you will go through a contract holdout and this may affect your relationship with fans, Ownership and fellow players.
- Pre season matches: Make them random, you play any team in the league. Also you now have to play 8 preseason games.

Other Stuff
-Goal Horns: this is a pet peeve of mine, why can’t the other teams have accurate goal horns or better yet let us customize them online and then download them into the game. Also if you edit the goal horn online you can choose any mp3 file you have , pick what 40 seconds you want and your good to go. You can also use any NHL goal Horns for CHL teams, for The AHL you can also use the parent teams goal horn ( I.e Toronto Marlies use the Toronto Maple leafs goal horn)
- Celebrations: They`re somewhat bland add some new ones, i.e. like when Yakupov scored against LA.
- Playoff Atmosphere: the playoffs need to be more intense, lets hear chants like we want the cup or something like that, or ______ team sucks(or player sucks).
- New Commentators: How about a DLC for new commentators, seriously EA why are you calling Tarasenko brown. I would recommend rick jeanneret and Mike "Doc" Emerick and of course Joe Beninati . You can still keep the default but change it up EA.
- Pre game training: before a game for practice you'll get to take shots on a goalie with your teams best player ,you can also practice goalkeeping as well.

So those are some of my ideas, that i'd like to see. The reason im not mentioning things like penalties and "hockey stuff" is cause i don't really pay attention to it and im not as familiar with it.

FrickinAllStar

Mar 29, 2013
Minnesota
I would like to see a more interactive Be a Pro. Has anyone seen or play NBA 2k13 my career. You are in complete control. So something like that would be really cool. Also in HUT i hate it when the backup goalie looses a contract evening sitting on the bench and doing nothing. There is more like classic teams and other things. But this is what i would like changed.

Milan the God*

Would be cool to do in-game dynamic ratings.

If a goalie gets cold, his rating should go down. Say Anderson is letting in 4 goals and it's the second period, his rating should drop from 82 to 75. Right now, there's no benefit to switching up the goalie. Anderson has much better stats.

If a player has two goals, his rating should go up because he's hot.

I think it would be neat and realistic.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Would be cool to do in-game dynamic ratings.

If a goalie gets cold, his rating should go down. Say Anderson is letting in 4 goals and it's the second period, his rating should drop from 82 to 75. Right now, there's no benefit to switching up the goalie. Anderson has much better stats.

Usually there is a huge benefit to change the goalie. I always made the experience that the backup goalies get almost no goals against after switching them up.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
They shouldn't change the announcers, they should add new ones. For example, have three crews (Clement/Thorne, Miller/McGuire, Emrick/Reaugh would be my choice) and make it random which crew you're going to get. Would add some flavour.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
- We should be able to edit the players rating during a season mode. I mean i started a season with Gallagher, who was 74 overall, which is clearly very low knowing is actual level, and you're stuck with this poor rating during the whole season. Same for guys like Letestu, Fasth, McGinn, Eakin...

- Add real arena pictures while loading a game come on !
- Seeing how NCAA is getting bigger and bigger, it would be cool to add the league.
- Real coaches face
- Add the injury reserve list in season mode. When i'm playing with Ottawa in season mode, i have to "trade" Spezza and Karlsson to Bingo so i can clear some room for Gryba, Hoffman, Lehner...

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
Don't know if mentioned. Be able to establish an "untouchable" list of player(s) in Be a GM. Just about every trade proposal involves Mikko Koivu. Usually for a package of scrubs I have no need for.

wildthing202

May 29, 2006
Probably said a bunch of times already but most of my beef is with create-a-team

Either add teambuilder or:

Add all NHL, AHL, etc. & vintage cities(old NHL, AHL, etc.) to the audio list
Add all NHL, AHL, etc. & vintage nicknames
Have someone actually cross check the logo/name lists(Grasshopper nickname is in but no grasshopper logo at all....)
Ability to make some real jerseys would be nice(ex. Nords with the Fleur-de-lis)
Ability to use teams in other modes like you used to be able to

Trying to make a vintage team is a freaking joke, you can only make one team out of everything, the Colorado Rockies and that's it. You could have the Kansas City Scouts in previous titles but for some reason they took it out.

EA is pathetic when it comes to the cities list you would think they would just cut and paste from the audio files, nope. Worcester has had an AHL team since 2006 and I've yet to see the city name in the game. From NHL 2009 to 2013 there has been no Worcester in the create-a-team database. It's an insult.

Forgot some:

Add some freaking colors to the logo when I use the custom team, why the heck does everything have to be in black, white, and grey? It just ruins the game for me. I make an effort in creating a custom team just to have EA fart out a colorless version on every menu. WTF EA. Even Madden showed color for their custom teams albeit inverse to what it should of been.

Fix the alphabetical ordering scheme in modes where I put a custom team in. You take out Phoenix for example and replace it with Hartford does it put Hartford where it should be, nope it puts it after Winnipeg instead of after Florida where it should be. Another immersion killer. ABCDEFGIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZH..........

Xia

Mar 9, 2011
Toronto
They should put an option for choosing your backup goalie to play in a single pre game menu. I hate having to shift into editing the lines to do that, because I forget half the time.

oilers1084

Jun 22, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Here's my list

-New Passing Engine
-Search Engine For Players
-Contract Extensions During The Season
-Better AI
-Fixed Hitting Engine
-Better Puck Physics
-Consistent Penalties
-Being Able To Select A Position Before Playing Online Team Play, Instead Of Being A Race.
-New Fighting Engine
-Remove Hitting The Ice With Your Stick When You/Someone Calls For A Pass.
-Free For All Online Mode(4 Players go against each other and try to score on one goalie)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad