Wishlist

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
A more in-depth, sensible sim engine would be nice.

I don't understand how a 100+ point team for 4 years straight can suddenly start struggling to stay above .500 the next season. This kind of thing happens in real life, yes, but why is always apparent, whereas it's not in game. In real life, you can see players under-perform and why, you can see systems not working and why, you can see goaltenders struggling and why. In game, it's almost 100% guess work. It's hard to improve a team when you have literally no idea how to go about doing so.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Biggest things for me are:

-As mentioned above player turning to get a puck should go 20 degrees for a 20 degree turn, not 340 degrees in the opposite direction.

-Another is why when I try to skate through the slot or in front of the net a magnetic force sticks me to a computer player even when he isn't facing? I HATE this part of the game.

-Computer defence hit/kill me even though I'm 3 strides around them? I wasn't aware that I was a year old child in this game. I don't understand why a giy standing still with no momentum can send me flying 20 feet? Who's in control of physics in this game?

-The power up passing is a little too insane, in real life I don't necessarily have to 'power up' a pass in the extreme way its done in NHL13 (2-3 seconds). Has to be improved, along with the terrible saucer pass.

-AI needs to be completely redone, why do the defence just shoot the puck EVERY time I pass it to them in EASHL. Even on the PP, maybe a little poise would be nice to give me a chance to call for it?

-Why is there so many play options in every mode except EASHL? Ex: Powerplay customization.

-Also I would like a way to control lines in EASHL, ex: pp, pk, etc.

-Why is it so hard if I'm a Dman in EASHL to have any poise on the blue line? Its turnover heaven, no mobility .. Way too hard to turn/puck protect and there needs to be some kind of way to hold the line. That goes for every player, I hate that stupid, unrealistic, weird extra stick handle where I take the puck out of the zone. Makes me furious.

-So many more but I'm strapped for time at the moment.

I agree with this part in a big way. People have just found a way to abuse that and then they get like 5 breakaways a game. I actually would rather lose a faceoff in the offensive zone then win it to the dman who will just turn it over. Sometimes in the NHL when you are cycling the puck, the dmen doent even really gain possession of it, he just kind of moves it on to the next point quickly.

Something needs to be done about that.

Chieftans22*

GM Connected needs to be faster, or else the growth will be stunted before it can even get going. It was absolutely brutal this year.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Be a GM needs a complete overhaul. Here's my ideas.

-Make the trading block more accurate. It was a step in the right direction but you should be able to do more with it, like choose the actual position and player type. For example, say I want 2nd line forward, okay well NHL 13 lets you do that but what if I want a 2nd line right winger sniper? Well NHL 13 does not let me do that, I should be able to choose from right wing, left wing and center, and I should be able to choose his player type (sniper, grinder, defensive defensman). Also, you should be able to match what your willing to give up, for each of your needs. Say I'm willing to trade Sergei Gonchar, but not for that 3rd line center I want, I want to trade him for that 2nd round pick I need.

-Make GM mode more, dynasty or franchise mode. Add relocation as an option, or coach firing, make attendance play a factor and ticket prices.

-Bring back the messaging system, I really liked opening my message box in 2008, it made it feel like more of league. With this you could add in the winter classic into Be a GM, and you will get a message saying who the winter classic game will be. Add power rankings into the game that changes every month. Maybe it can also tell you who the top three candidates are for the trophy's are, and that could change every month as well.

-Make the trading less stupid and add a little depth to it. Make it so you can tell the other team what you don't like about their deal and make it so there less stupid and add a little depth to it.

-Add team and player momentum and rivals. Momentum can be built up with a big win and it can cause winning streaks however loosing a big game can bring you r momentum down and it can cause a loosing streak. Momentum for your team and the opposing team can be shown before a game measured with a bar (red representing a hot streak and cold representing a cold streak). Also rivals could also play into the momentum, so if you win against a rival team, then you gain momentum. In a rival game the intensity level is much higher and they'll be bigger hits, higher fight frequency, scrums infront of the net, players running star players and the goalies.

-Line chemistry should also play a factor, kind of self explanatory.

-Players should have blocked shots as a stat (the game recognizes them) and also how many points and goals they have in their last 10 and 5 games.

-The ability to save lines

Creation Mode:

-The ability to create third jersey would be pretty cool.

-Add more content to create a team, seriously it's pretty bad compared to some other ea titles. Add more logo's, more city's more names, way more jersey templates (or the ability to create your own), the ability to create your arena (striping, logo's, boards, colors, goal horn, goal song, jumbotron.), secondary logo's etc.

-Create a player is terrible. Take the Fifa create a player and put it into this game. Add the ability to wear no helmet's.

Gameplay:

-Fix the hits, seriously. the other team strips the puck away way too easily when your defense men are pylons.

-Stanly Cup celebration sucks, fix it.

Legends mode: Actually make it so you progress through which ever legend your playing as caree. Say if I play as Wayne Gretzky, I want to actually get traded to LA after a certain amount of seasons. Also take the goal system from be a pro, and use it on this, so Wayne Gretzky's goal for one season will be "we want you to get 92 goals out there" and each time you complete a legend goal, it will count towards you becoming a legend.

Other:

-Playoff beards, it just adds that much more realism, or in create a player have the ability to check off Playoff beard.

-Add Legend teams, instead of just plain old legend players. Every team could have one, for instance, Anaheim's could be "07 Ducks" or "03 Ducks" Complete with the teams roster that season, some team might have more than one legend team.

-More jersey's, every team should have every single jersey they've worn, or the ability to create a jersey for an NHL team.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Draft: No one outside of the 1st or maybe 2nd overall is NHL ready for about 3 years. Makes no sense. Also, the late rounds are worthless now. Throw in a few gems every once in awhile.

Player Progression: Show a projected development curve for each player. It doesn't have to be 100% accurate at all, but have your assistant coach say "____ will probably be a 70 next year, a 78 the year after, and top off at an 83 overall". Make the accuracy of this an up-gradable thing, like amateur scout and medical staff.

As others have said, make players demand trades, not want to re-sign, and fix players' monetary demands.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
roster updates at least once a week and more accurate rosters. its ridiculous waiting weeks for roster updates.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
1.Need to revamp the physics...not just for hitting...everything

2.Add more, and more fluid animations(maybe fast/really strong players could slip checks along the boards instead of hulk smashes/instant board play....also maybe different stick check animations idk they could do alot here to improve the overall flow of the game :shakehead)

3.Allow skating, and deking at the same time(again increases fluidity of the game)

4.Improve Refs ie.call penalties at a realistic rate, and have 2 refs, 2 linesmen

5.Improve A.I. so that they act as individuals in a system,and not as a robotic unit...also A.I should be more passive,and not send 2 guys at you on the pk(more realistic pk/ppA.I please:handclap:)

6.Superstars like Crosby/Stamkos/P.Kane etc skills aren't separated enough for the pack for me #Starpower :nod:

7.For BaGm improve coach's line making ie H.Sedin shouldn't be killing penalties, and if you have three top 6 RW bump a LW down a line don't play Top 6 RW on 3rd line while 3rd line Lw is playing 2nd line wing....Furthermore allow saving of lines that you want. and the coach will try to get back to that set lineup.

8.Redo, or fix player growth PLEASE :cry:

9.This is a MUST....SPEED UP GM CONNECTED!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:.....please :cry:

10.Add game face. and revamp Create a player/Create a team

Extra:Also revamp BAGM trade, and improve mangment structure to be realistic...and please improve BAGM A.I.

Thx for your time ;)

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
One thing I think would be amazing - in an attempt to increase interactivity between GMs and players and overall depth in GM mode - is if players actually made it a point to play their designated roles.

With sufficient cap space, you could load your bottom 6 with 2nd line players. Most players in real life generally aren't cool with that sort of thing (see Jordan Staal and Ryan O'Reilly: both wanted increased roles on their original team, and so one of them is gone to play the role he feels he's better suited for, and the other is likely gone next year for the same reason). So, if you were to have a 2nd line forward on the 3rd line, have him come to you every so often requesting an increased role, and if you continue to keep him on the 3rd line, it could create a "locker room cancer"-esque kind of scenario. His performance would suffer, and potentially the performance of his linemates as well, eventually forcing you to trade him (at decreased value, perhaps).

DasHoff

Mar 8, 2013
Combine "Be a Pro" and "GM Mode"

I would like to see an option for "Be a Pro" and "GM Mode" to be combined. Be a Pro and GM. After playing a few seasons with "Be a Pro", I've lost a couple of players on waivers, but my team hasn't made any trades. Still stuck with Reimer in net.

Thanks,
N

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
I don't fight much so I don't especially care, but if EA still thinks the current fighting engine isn't a hilarious piece of crap, then Jesus Christ.

Bullwine85

Jan 3, 2013
Neenah, WI
I don't fight much so I don't especially care, but if EA still thinks the current fighting engine isn't a hilarious piece of crap, then Jesus Christ.

They should go back the fighting engine that was in NHL 2004. But it could be worse. the fights in NHL 2003 were hilarious

ficohok*

In BE A GM mode to be able to track players stats from euro leagues and sign player if you want to (like Detroit did it with Brunner after he had monster season in NLA)

:)

cu6497

Aug 9, 2012
In BE A GM mode to be able to track players stats from euro leagues and sign player if you want to (like Detroit did it with Brunner after he had monster season in NLA)

:)

Quadruple Yes. I think in addition (if this isn't what you meant) that we should be able to track CHL stats. I want to know if my first round draft pick is ready for the NHL. It would be much easier in BeAGM to sign our picks based on stats and overall, rather than just overall.

ficohok*

Quadruple Yes. I think in addition (if this isn't what you meant) that we should be able to track CHL stats. I want to know if my first round draft pick is ready for the NHL. It would be much easier in BeAGM to sign our picks based on stats and overall, rather than just overall.

Yes, that as well :)

btw. anyone know will '14 be on next-gen consoles ?

ChexLeMeneux

May 15, 2010
For HUT it would be nice if there was a feature in the auction that would show if you have the card in your collection or not. Trying to fill out some of the rosters can be a pain in the butt when you have to keep jumping back and forth between the auction and your collection to see if you have the card or not.

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
Here's a really far-out idea for the NHL team:

How about you allocate the "shoot" command and the "hit" command to different buttons? I know it's pretty crazy and would probably eat up most of your development time, but I think it could be worth it.

Individual 1

Jan 25, 2012
Havent read through many pages so Im just going to post what I can think of right now.

Like others have said Be a GM mode thing needs to be faster, drafting and trading need to be fixed as well. Simulating needs some new formulas or something because it is pretty messed up.

Be a Pro needs better Camera options I hate having to skate behind the back of the net for 5 seconds trying to hit the spot so the camera turns and I can see my teammates. There theres the whole leading your team in points but stuck on the 3rd line or having no pp/ph time etc. Request a trade is too realistic lol its a game Id like it to work. The AI is terrible they have no idea how to pass and rarely get into a good position.

I think the new skating needs some adjusting. The AI is brutal like always teammates dont go to open spots. Stick lift seems to draw so many penalties, if you and your opponent are facing each other I think my guy should be able to lift his stick instead of hitting him in the face or hands. Saucer pass is basically useless. Breaking out of your zone is pretty easy, and theres not much you can do to stop someone else from doing it. I love hitting a guy so hard that when he hits the ice he bounces back up a foot.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Goaltenders should track the puck when they try to cover it. Too many times I have seen the goalie make the default animation while the puck just passes by them. Would never happen in real life.

stahl

Mar 26, 2011
Sick of bare minimum stat tracking. Only keeping the last 4 years and no detailed stats is pretty ridiculous. Players should have their own tab where you can see their whole career stats (NHL and AHL) as well as a list of trophies they have won. Should also be able to view detailed team stats from past seasons as well.

Also, player development is broken as players peak way to late ..... 25-26 seems to be where they are finally worthy for more than just 4th line for many prospects. Also, unless you are a bust, you shouldn't take 6 years to make it to the NHL if you are a "sure thing" prospect.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Seconding what an above poster said about be a gm mode being more franchise or dynasty mode. EA needs to go play nhl 2004 and just update that gm mode. Everything was right about it down to even being able to upgrade your gm's office.

JHabs61

Jan 9, 2011
Not having GMs in GM Mode saying:

"I'm over cap, lets waive our best player!"

Ive got Niklas Backstrom(C) and Mike Richards off waivers.

#gmbrainprobz

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Not having GMs in GM Mode saying:

"I'm over cap, lets waive our best player!"

Ive got Niklas Backstrom(C) and Mike Richards off waivers.

#gmbrainprobz

Am I the only one who hasn't ever seen this happen?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Am I the only one who hasn't ever seen this happen?

You either have to have waivers off or be really lucky to not have that happen. I've seen guys like Kopitar, M. Richards, Skinner, Chara, Seguin, etc. all get waived within the first three years. Which is why I now always turn waivers off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad