Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You're selling Tolisso short here.

He's good too...and would also play ahead of Zakaria next to Kimmich because he's better getting forward as well...but Zakaria's a better Kimmich-replacement than Tolisso a LeGo-replacement.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
December counts as winter right? Free Agent and top bloke Andy Lonergan has signed to be backup at Stoke! Glad he is on a roster.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Zakaria will be good value for whomever eventually gives Eberl 50M for him, but he's not replacing Kimmich when he's fit and he isn't as good going forward as LeGo. He would be Bayern's third best midfielder behind those two, so that at least makes sense, but he'd start at the 6 for some of the other teams with the money to get him and I expect one of those teams to be the ones who actually pay up.

And I dunno with Neuhaus. I liked him a lot when he was coming up & enjoy him, but I don't think his skill in the final third has developed as well as it needed to him for him to have another level to his game. He's more talented than Kramer was, but like Kramer I feel like BMG is the right level for him and he'd get buried on the bench at one of the giants...also not sure he'll ever warrant the kind of fee that makes me say "yeah, I wanna see what Eberl does with that money" like Zakaria & Thuram will.

How is the right back position looking for Gladbach? They are bringing in an American youngster, Joe Scally (17), in the January window and they paid a lot for him, considering how unproven he is. They seem to rate him very highly, so I wonder how quickly he’ll play.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
How is the right back position looking for Gladbach? They are bringing in an American youngster, Joe Scally (17), in the January window and they paid a lot for him, considering how unproven he is. They seem to rate him very highly, so I wonder how quickly he’ll play.

Laimer's not elite, but he's a quality RB who's a fan favorite in the starting spot. And coming up behind him are two of their three most exciting defensive prospects (Kurt & Beyer)...although I think Beyer is likely to end up shifting inside with Bongard if successful.

Plus Lazaro just started for them at RB against Schalke.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
As for transfers. Spurs need another Modric. Obviously not going to find him in January, but other than that I hope they sit still. Would like Skriniar, but that would mean Sanchez getting sold and I do not think that is realistic at all. I would also rather save that money for a CM come summer. Give Rodon a shot as a CD for this year. Skriniar and a CM come summer would be the dream. Potentially paid for by selling Sanchez and Alli. Both players I like by the way - so not desperate to get rid, but it just makes sense.

I'm also aware that Skipp could be a very interesting player for Spurs next season, but I doubt he will that quickly be that CM. And I am praying Winks can get his act together, but looks unlikely now. Squad player sure, but not that one player the team is missing to be a proper horse.

Beyond that they will need to make decisions at Striker, RW and possibly RB too next summer. Sign Vinicius, or find someone else? Extend Bale's loan, or find someone else? Does Aurier still prefer to leave?

Hope Daniel doesn't slack off next summer.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Beyond that they will need to make decisions at Striker, RW and possibly RB too next summer. Sign Vinicius, or find someone else? Extend Bale's loan, or find someone else? Does Aurier still prefer to leave?

Hope Daniel doesn't slack off next summer.

I agree, but those are in my opinion minor tweaks. I believe Bergwijn will sooner or later be our starting "winger" next to Son and Kane (he basically is now). Obviously we would need more than that, but if Bale doesn't work out there is still a lot of depth there. Who knows maybe Clarke can play his part?

RB you got Doherty and very possibly Tanganga. Also pretty sure Aurier is more comfortable now as he is basically our first choice. Could obviously be other reasons for him wanting to leave.

Striker I agree. Can't see us paying the full fee for Vinicius, but then there will be another Vinicius coming in.

Will be very interesting to see what happens both with Spurs and all others in terms of finances. Pretty sure Spurs are quite stretched.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Arsenal join Liverpool in tracking . Bissouma Arteta apparently really like the player and wants to bring him in next window.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Would have been cool to either play him or send him out las window, wasted couple months.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lots of teams (including the two Manchester teams) are after Boubaca Kamara from Marseille.
There might be a possibility to sign him this winter since OM are going to lose Thauvin for nothing next summer and they need money with zero european competition in the spring.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool have been scouting Upamecano for a move (which isn’t really a secret), but some recent whispers are implying that they are now taking a closer look at Konate as well, and maybe be shifting gears. Stay tuned.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Not saying you are wrong, but only commenting on what I have seen on my end.
It was mainly Brighton sources that were originally posting about it. I just googled his name today and it seems to be picking up more and more steam today in main stream media.

TBH I don't think he moves this January, Brighton will be asking a ridiculous price.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
That is a shame. I have liked what I have seen from Upamecano lately.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Konate is a beast but terribly inconsistent

I have rarely seen a more physically dominant defender as Konate: tall, strong and fast.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would really like to see White go back to Leeds if he's going to be sold. With Meslier, Koch and Phillips if you add White to that then they would be strong enough in the backend to go with the attack to get Leeds back to being a top 8 club. They need to try to make Harrison a permanent signing as well. I could also see Winks being a good upgrade over Klich and Alli would do really well under Biesla. So if Spurs are willing to sell and Leeds is willing to spend those are some names I would look at if I were them. Not a fan of the Llorente signing so if they can sell him back to Spain they could use that money to fund half of what White should cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad