Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I’ve definitely though Grealish would be Zaha like where I don’t think he’d thrive at top club, but this season he’s been unreal. He’d be a great fit next to Auba.

And he was just as good at the latter end of his time in the Championship - just that it takes some time for people to realize how talented he actually is/was. Especially for a player that plays for a team like Villa and struggled to live up to his early hype for some time.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah. I know that sounds ridiculous right now, but I don't mind having Ndombele and Lo Celso rather than one of those and Fernandes. Not that long ago Lo Celso was Spurs' best performing player. He'll come good. And he is more versatile than Fernandes. Ndombele I wouldn't swap for almost any player in the world - his potential is that ridiculous - certainly not Fernandes.

I think those 3 worked out well for both clubs. Fernandes is perfect for Utd. And I believe the two others will be perfect for Spurs.

I do wonder what happened with Grealish coming to Spurs. I agree that was a huge missed opportunity. Grealish with Kane, Son and Ndombele would really be something else. Hopefully Bale can give us a couple of seasons at similar level of quality as Grealish would.

Reactions: Fro

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
As for transfers. Spurs need another Modric. Obviously not going to find him in January, but other than that I hope they sit still. Would like Skriniar, but that would mean Sanchez getting sold and I do not think that is realistic at all. I would also rather save that money for a CM come summer. Give Rodon a shot as a CD for this year. Skriniar and a CM come summer would be the dream. Potentially paid for by selling Sanchez and Alli. Both players I like by the way - so not desperate to get rid, but it just makes sense.

I'm also aware that Skipp could be a very interesting player for Spurs next season, but I doubt he will that quickly be that CM. And I am praying Winks can get his act together, but looks unlikely now. Squad player sure, but not that one player the team is missing to be a proper horse.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
And I'm not sure how directly comparable they are. According to transfermarkt Lo Celso was €32m and Fernandes €55m.

Lo Celso will never score as many goals as Fernandes, but he has shown glimpses of being an absolute brilliant player. Been disappointing so far this season, but he has also had fitness issues. 2 months from now he could very well be our best player for a stretch - as he was last season.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
As a United fan I kind of agree because it wasn’t Lo Celso for Bruno it was Lo Celso and Ndombele for Bruno.

In terms of money it was Ndombele or Fernandes.

If Ndombele can stay on his current track I wouldn't swap him for anyone in the PL playing midfield / attacking midfield. De Bruyne is better, but also much older.

As I said - I think it worked out really well for both clubs. Not sure if Fernandes would have played as well for Spurs as he does for Utd - and neither Ndombele or Lo Celso could replace Fernandes' production at Utd.

Reactions: Gecklund

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
It prob wouldn't have been as good of a fit for Bruno at Spurs b/c their recent success has Kane dropping deeper and playing more of a creative role. Not sure Bruno and Kane could co-exist in that model as they'd be sharing a lot of the same space

Reactions: Havre

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Spurs, Man U, and Chelsea all monitoring Ben White's progress. The links are only going to pick up from here, he has been amazing in his first Premier League season!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yes please. United should go out and sign Ben White and Pau Torres and watch them spray balls to Rashford, Martial, and Sancho! :sarcasm:
If I'm Brighton I have White move in with Dunk so the captain can talk up staying in Brighton and becoming a club legend! Who needs a big move anyways!?

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
30M won’t get you Soumare. It would probably be closer to 50M just based on the demand for a player that level at that age.

Probably true it'll be 40+ for him rather than 30 even though he has not played a lot for some reason. Now that @Evilo is back, why has he started so few games this season? Soumare is a player I'm interested in and following.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I haven't seen Zakaria play that many games, but absolutely loved him when I have. The kind of player I would have liked to see at Spurs.

Wouldn't every single top club around monitor White? Can't see Spurs paying a lot for a CD before Sanchez is sold. Even then after buying Rodon I'm not sure if they will bring in someone that expensive. I guess we will see come summer depending on how the likes of Rodon, Winks and Skipp are playing - where the need is biggest.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Zakaria will be good value for whomever eventually gives Eberl 50M for him, but he's not replacing Kimmich when he's fit and he isn't as good going forward as LeGo. He would be Bayern's third best midfielder behind those two, so that at least makes sense, but he'd start at the 6 for some of the other teams with the money to get him and I expect one of those teams to be the ones who actually pay up.

And I dunno with Neuhaus. I liked him a lot when he was coming up & enjoy him, but I don't think his skill in the final third has developed as well as it needed to him for him to have another level to his game. He's more talented than Kramer was, but like Kramer I feel like BMG is the right level for him and he'd get buried on the bench at one of the giants...also not sure he'll ever warrant the kind of fee that makes me say "yeah, I wanna see what Eberl does with that money" like Zakaria & Thuram will.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Probably true it'll be 40+ for him rather than 30 even though he has not played a lot for some reason. Now that @Evilo is back, why has he started so few games this season? Soumare is a player I'm interested in and following.
Lille's depth is impressive and the midfield is playing well.
And of course there's still the ongoing fight between Soumare and the Lille officials.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Zakaria will be good value for whomever eventually gives Eberl 50M for him, but he's not replacing Kimmich when he's fit and he isn't as good going forward as LeGo. He would be Bayern's third best midfielder behind those two, so that at least makes sense, but he'd start at the 6 for some of the other teams with the money to get him and I expect one of those teams to be the ones who actually pay up.

And I dunno with Neuhaus. I liked him a lot when he was coming up & enjoy him, but I don't think his skill in the final third has developed as well as it needed to him for him to have another level to his game. He's more talented than Kramer was, but like Kramer I feel like BMG is the right level for him and he'd get buried on the bench at one of the giants...also not sure he'll ever warrant the kind of fee that makes me say "yeah, I wanna see what Eberl does with that money" like Zakaria & Thuram will.
You're selling Tolisso short here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad