Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Lots of teams (including the two Manchester teams) are after Boubaca Kamara from Marseille.
There might be a possibility to sign him this winter since OM are going to lose Thauvin for nothing next summer and they need money with zero european competition in the spring.
United will take both please and thank you!

Reactions: Aladyyn

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Liverpool have been scouting Upamecano for a move (which isn’t really a secret), but some recent whispers are implying that they are now taking a closer look at Konate as well, and maybe be shifting gears. Stay tuned.

Here's to hoping.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would really like to see White go back to Leeds if he's going to be sold. With Meslier, Koch and Phillips if you add White to that then they would be strong enough in the backend to go with the attack to get Leeds back to being a top 8 club. They need to try to make Harrison a permanent signing as well. I could also see Winks being a good upgrade over Klich and Alli would do really well under Biesla. So if Spurs are willing to sell and Leeds is willing to spend those are some names I would look at if I were them. Not a fan of the Llorente signing so if they can sell him back to Spain they could use that money to fund half of what White should cost.
I think teams better than Leeds are in on White now. One of the CL clubs will be after him.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Here's to hoping.
Sure. I mean, I am still not convinced that Liverpool will be doing anything this winter irregardless of whether they should or not. The two most common names have been Upamecano and White, with Konate recently popping up according to German reports. Either way I am sure that there is a plan one way or the other. Not saying I will like the plan though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sure. I mean, I am still not convinced that Liverpool will be doing anything this winter irregardless of whether they should or not. The two most common names have been Upamecano and White, with Konate recently popping up according to German reports. Either way I am sure that there is a plan one way or the other. Not saying I will like the plan though.

Oh I was just joking that hopefully teams looking to steal one of Leipzig's young star CBs will pursue Konate instead of Upa. Konate's certainly good in his own right, but he's a lot easier to replace.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Liverpool are expecting Keita, TAA and Ox to be back next week. Also with the emergence of Curtis Jones. I don't expect them to target a midfielder at least not until next summer if Gini leave.

LFC don't need a forward although they might sell Origi. They hardly can give time to Minamino.

The only immediate concern is at CB but again then, who is exactly available? Is it better to get a stop gap in the winter transfer or get you main guy in the summer. Hard to tell. I would rather see them spend in the summer.

With Fabinho and Nathan Phillips exceeding expectations at CB, the stop gap might not even be needed.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
White will not be going back to Leeds. That ship sailed long ago thankfully. If he is going anywhere it's a top 6 team.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
White will not be going back to Leeds. That ship sailed long ago thankfully. If he is going anywhere it's a top 6 team.

Which top 6 the current or the supposed top 6? Cause Leeds are 3 points off the top 6 right now ahead of Arsenal who are considered one of those supposed top 6 clubs. Leeds is a big club and there's no reason to see why they can't be competing in Europe again soon. Unless you are going to City or Liverpool i don't think you can expect to be a Champions league club on a regular basis. There's too many clubs in the 3-8 tier that can make the top 4 it seems.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Which top 6 the current or the supposed top 6? Cause Leeds are 3 points off the top 6 right now ahead of Arsenal who are considered one of those supposed top 6 clubs. Leeds is a big club and there's no reason to see why they can't be competing in Europe again soon. Unless you are going to City or Liverpool i don't think you can expect to be a Champions league club on a regular basis. There's too many clubs in the 3-8 tier that can make the top 4 it seems.
I think it's pretty clear when someone mentions top 6 they are not referring to Leeds :laugh:. I would be very surprised if they are in any kind of European contention by the end of the season. Maybe in a couple of years, but by then White will be too good for them and should be at a traditional top 6 team. Also if you are White why leave? Consistent playing time at a club that has established themselves at the prem level, a manager that trusts you, a club you have been in for 7 years, etc. Plus White bought a house in the area in the summer.

Reactions: Gecklund

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think it's pretty clear when someone mentions top 6 they are not referring to Leeds :laugh:. I would be very surprised if they are in any kind of European contention by the end of the season. Maybe in a couple of years, but by then White will be too good for them and should be at a traditional top 6 team. Also if you are White why leave? Consistent playing time at a club that has established themselves at the prem level, a manager that trusts you, a club you have been in for 7 years, etc. Plus White bought a house in the area in the summer.

Why not? Leeds used to be one of the best clubs in England and if they finally have the right direction could get back to that quickly. Leeds will be finishing this season somewhere around 10th, not a European spot but close, probably not to far off of Arsenal so similar to a traditional top 6 club. You say he'll be too good for Leeds soon but which club is a step up outside of City and Liverpool? I don't think Spurs or Chelsea are in on him so that leaves the United, Arsenal and Leicester types and I think Leeds can be on that level soon.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Why not? Leeds used to be one of the best clubs in England and if they finally have the right direction could get back to that quickly. Leeds will be finishing this season somewhere around 10th, not a European spot but close, probably not to far off of Arsenal so similar to a traditional top 6 club. You say he'll be too good for Leeds soon but which club is a step up outside of City and Liverpool? I don't think Spurs or Chelsea are in on him so that leaves the United, Arsenal and Leicester types and I think Leeds can be on that level soon.
Taking that jump from mid table to consistent European challenger is extremely difficult, Leeds are in 12th with 14 points. Biesla is a great manager they have some promising pieces, but let's slow it down here. If they are to become a perennial European team it will be years from now and that's if a lot goes there way. It's not going to be easy to overtake Arsenal and Leicester.

At this point It's not that big an improvement to go from Brighton to Leeds if an improvement at all.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean if Messi had balls he would go to Leeds to play with Bielsa instead of going to one of the front runner clubs. Why stop there when we know Haaland wants to play there like his dad at some point. I’d sign up for all of that.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool are expecting Keita, TAA and Ox to be back next week. Also with the emergence of Curtis Jones. I don't expect them to target a midfielder at least not until next summer if Gini leave.

LFC don't need a forward although they might sell Origi. They hardly can give time to Minamino.

The only immediate concern is at CB but again then, who is exactly available? Is it better to get a stop gap in the winter transfer or get you main guy in the summer. Hard to tell. I would rather see them spend in the summer.

With Fabinho and Nathan Phillips exceeding expectations at CB, the stop gap might not even be needed.
CB is only thing the would add this winter.

They might get a marquee forward in the summer if there is money, but you have to figure they will save a spot for Harvey Elliott. Midfield they probably stand pat and/or re-sign Wijnaldum. Another anchor player would probably be nice but I doubt that is seen as a priority, but if you sign Ben White, you have a guy who can cover DM and CB and that’s a good fit that we know they are after. He makes sense.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The rosiest of pictures. If we follow Bielsa's typical path, he likely won't be there in 18/24 months.

And there's no guarantee at all they finish top half this season. We're 10 games in and everyone is right near each other.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Taking that jump from mid table to consistent European challenger is extremely difficult, Leeds are in 12th with 14 points. Biesla is a great manager they have some promising pieces, but let's slow it down here. If they are to become a perennial European team it will be years from now and that's if a lot goes there way. It's not going to be easy to overtake Arsenal and Leicester.

At this point It's not that big an improvement to go from Brighton to Leeds if an improvement at all.

Leicester went from near relegation to champs rather quick and then stayed a top 8 club. Wolves went from promotion to Europe pretty fast as well. Leeds has the coach and several good pieces in place to be contending for Europe possibly by next year. A high end CB is one of those main pieces they need to take that step so White will help. Sure Brighton and Leeds are similar in the table right now but Leeds is the bigger club so it's a step up. To me Leeds is bigger than Wolves and Leicester, they are on the Arsenal, Spurs and Everton tier just below the really big clubs.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Ben White, you have a guy who can cover DM and CB and that’s a good fit that we know they are after. He makes sense.
I was about to say this. In terms of positional fit this makes the most sense.

Sounds like Spurs, Chelsea and United are all also interested in him. He's going to have his pick at a big club, it's unfortunate for Brighton. I wanted him to have the Lewis Dunk path!

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean if Messi had balls he would go to Leeds to play with Bielsa instead of going to one of the front runner clubs. Why stop there when we know Haaland wants to play there like his dad at some point. I’d sign up for all of that.
Yes, to play against real teams like Burnley to cement his legacy.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Leicester went from near relegation to champs rather quick and then stayed a top 8 club. Wolves went from promotion to Europe pretty fast as well. Leeds has the coach and several good pieces in place to be contending for Europe possibly by next year. A high end CB is one of those main pieces they need to take that step so White will help. Sure Brighton and Leeds are similar in the table right now but Leeds is the bigger club so it's a step up. To me Leeds is bigger than Wolves and Leicester, they are on the Arsenal, Spurs and Everton tier just below the really big clubs.
In one of the most improbable title wins in sports history where 3 budget buys turned into world class/elite talents. That's not a model for success that teams are going to be replicating :laugh:. As for the size of Leeds I would say they have the potential to be a big club again, they are not there at the moment though. 16 years in the championship and same level as Arsenal, Spurs, and bigger than a team with a PL title from this decade, alright.

It's literally not a step up, he would go from playing with Lewis Dunk and Webster (two really solid CB's) to Cooper and Koch? Who would you want to learn off of to help develop your career?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

If Messi had balls he'd come learn from Kruse. But nobody has balls like Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad