Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
De Ligt is not producing like a 85M best paid defenseman in the world.
So, last time you said teams shouldn't overpay for potential and now you say they were right to overpay for potential.

Got it.
I said sometimes it works out lol.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
As the sole Juve fan on this board I am delighted with De Ligt. He's already twice the player than I bend and stick out my ass to defend and most likely a future captain.
The kid is a beast quite literally. I have no horse in this race but his talent is undeniable.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You have no say on the matter. If Evilo says a player sucks he sucks because he said so.
Not even a good troll attempt.
I didn't say he sucked.
I said he wasn't playing like a 85M defenseman, let alone the best defenseman in the world (since he's the highest paid).

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Then no dice. Liverpool cannot wait to the summer.
Obviously if they come in and offer 40 million plus we would not be able to say no.

Good thing is White does not leave a big hole. He has been really good for us but there is enough decent coverage that I think we would be fine.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
The other leagues are happy because it means that they will be able to hold unto their talent longer since they will need to acquire some pedigree.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Hence why United having been stacking their youth lineup in transfer windows. Pelistri and Diallo and I'm probably forgetting someone.

There has been a lot

Last summer Mejbri from Monaco and Hoogewerf from Ajax

this year - Fernandez from Madrid, Jurado from Barca, kambwala from Sochaux.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It’s not the only reason, but it’s related. Youth is profitable again with FFP. Get a young kid, manage wages and even if they don’t make the top squad, you can move them for a profit.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
4lBL.gif

Was going to use the shoot-out from Reservoir Dogs since it's a better metaphor for what happened to the transfer market...but this felt more appropriate after reading the past few pages of you rich fans bickering about which one of you shot first...

Reactions: Evilo

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The teams can still buy players that they stick in an overseas academy of a club they have a great relationship with. This won't change anything

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Not sure why there's all this talk about De Ligt. Anyway, I'll clarify his future. He's moving to Barça this coming Summer. Here are the details:
  • No transfer fee, just a swap deal.
  • Juventus will take one of Griezmann or Coutinho (they choose), they will also get Umtiti.
  • De Ligt will sack Raiola and agree to lower wages but a longer term deal.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
There’s an old anecdote from Burke calling Morrison a mouse compared to his line mates the elephants.... you can fill in the gaps

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Actually Dembele is a fantastic comparison. Of course someone meant to troll because that's all he does, but it's a great choice.

He was a hot commodity after his BVB season.
What if he was the highest paid forward in the game and second highest transfer fee when he moved to Barca?

This is exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad