NHL: Around the League 52

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County
People like to forget that Crosby fought off a lot of injuries in the earlier part of his career. Between 2010 and 2012 he missed 100 games due to concussions.

Then in 2013 he broke his jaw at the end of the season, though I think he only missed a couple playoff games.

How would our Blackhawks have fared in a cup final with a healthy Crosby in 2010 or 2013? I'm not so sure it would have played out the same.

Source and details: A Prime Stolen By Concussions: The Sidney Crosby Narrative

Crosby has never done well against our team especially at his peak years.

Pens had guys like Kunitz and Dupuis on their first line who wouldn’t be first liners on any other team dupuis not even being in the top 6.

2010 they were still trotting out a weak second line as well with a mid defense and MAF sucks in the playoffs. You have to remember in 2010 Letang wasn’t even a top pairing D an old man Gonchar and Orpik were top guys on that D core.

Pit had better depth in 2013 than they did in 2010 but that wasn’t a high bar to hit.

Iginla was used as a LW (lol), Kunitz and Dupuis weren’t true first liners, and Neal sucks in the playoffs. Plus they still had Fleury to lose the games for them, Letang couldn’t defend and Bylsma is a terrible coach.

Hawks eat that team with actual depth, defense and goaltending. Pens got rolled already and held to 2 goals by a weaker Boston team that year already in 2013.

They also aren’t beating that LA team in 2012 either if they couldn’t even get past Philly

Last edited:

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Saw first round pick and thought they actually traded number 10 for a minute. Sucks it basically means NJ sticks at 10 now and add another D.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I don’t see us trading up for Jersey’s 2024 first rounder anymore. Goalie was their biggest need

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8748.jpeg
IMG_8747.jpeg

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Getting rid of PLD would be Blake fixing mistake

Caps get something else back here of good value
He didn't fix anything. Alex Iafallo, Gabriel Vilardi, Rasmus Kupari and a 2024 second-round pick were traded for Keumper.

He didn't let the sunk cost fallacy make it worse, but its still a clown shown of a move.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
He didn't fix anything. Alex Iafallo, Gabriel Vilardi, Rasmus Kupari and a 2024 second-round pick were traded for Keumper.

He didn't let the sunk cost fallacy make it worse, but its still a clown shown of a move.
He fixed his own mistake but to admit it and look like the fool isnt easy for some of these guys. It would have been an 8 year anchor.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Sure makes it look like he's got a plan all figured out there in LA, that is for sure.
If I am an LA fan I am very happy with this trade. PLD just bouncing around. He will probably get moved in another 4 years at 50% in a caps rebuild.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Imagine sucking at your job so much, that they fire you before the contract even starts.

Thats like walking in the door and being fired for something before you even get to your desk.

Reactions: Malaka

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Wow so much cap room for GMs to be bold. If you wanted out of Jones, you can do it if you wanted to. I personally don’t want out of the contract… just saying you could.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Iafallo is a meh 3rd liner trending in wrong direction (Had his worst season of career with Jets and Kupari is a bust

Now Vilardi is good but cant stay healthy and 2nd is 2nd so no that value is bad but Blake getting out of his mistake after a year is the key here

Caps got nothing back for taking contract nor any retention by LA

Wow, Blake did great to get out of his mistake

WTF are Caps thinking?

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Needing a better first line Center than Dylan Strome will make a team desperate I guess.
I take Strome over PLD and that contract any day of the week. Strome might be a horrible skater and scared of contact but there’s at least some semblance of effort there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad