Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If Salah wants to go that's fine. Sell him, take the fee and reinvest/move on. Like I've always said I don't want players playing for Liverpool that don't want to be there (and that should apply for most clubs, really).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Let's be real the biggest reason this past summer was so quiet wasn't just because teams didn't have any money to spend, but because teams were uncertain of when they'd go back to printing money like they used to pre-pandemic.

The funds to spend will still be limited and some previously-big-spenders will have to stay quiet (looking at Juve & Barca), but in general, teams will be a lot more comfortable committing future money to making payments on transfers initiated this coming summer.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
That front three is 28, 28, and 29 (Firmino). Lots of football years on them as well. Retooling is kind of a must to keep this Liverpool train running. If that means selling before a player is completely washed, then so be it.

I fully trust this organization's scouting and recruitment strategy.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Let's be real the biggest reason this past summer was so quiet wasn't just because teams didn't have any money to spend, but because teams were uncertain of when they'd go back to printing money like they used to pre-pandemic.

The funds to spend will still be limited and some previously-big-spenders will have to stay quiet (looking at Juve & Barca), but in general, teams will be a lot more comfortable committing future money to making payments on transfers initiated this coming summer.

I think players on big wages that want to move are gonna have a tougher time than usual. Pogba is stuck to a degeee. Salah, if the rumor was true, might not have the line of suitors with his contract and location demands that he thinks.

fees can be structured in installments. But a 4-5 year deal on massive wages is tough to wiggle around in the shorter term.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Salah wants to go that's fine. Sell him, take the fee and reinvest/move on. Like I've always said I don't want players playing for Liverpool that don't want to be there (and that should apply for most clubs, really).
Historically, Liverpool do not keep players that do not want to be there, if it happens it won’t be until the summer, and if it does happen you need to get a Haaland or Mbappe in. Can’t half measure replace Salah.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think players on big wages that want to move are gonna have a tougher time than usual. Pogba is stuck to a degeee. Salah, if the rumor was true, might not have the line of suitors with his contract and location demands that he thinks.

fees can be structured in installments. But a 4-5 year deal on massive wages is tough to wiggle around in the shorter term.
Absolutely. This is certainly fair. And the same teams that want Salah are going to be the same teams that want the players that Liverpool would want to replace Salah with.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Historically, Liverpool do not keep players that do not want to be there, if it happens it won’t be until the summer, and if it does happen you need to get a Haaland or Mbappe in. Can’t half measure replace Salah.

Yeah I agree. Happy to keep him ifnhe wants to stay and give 100% as he's a great player but I don't think they should pander to him either if he's becoming a diva.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think he’s happy in Liverpool. But I also think if a massive pay packet came from either of the big clubs in Spain, he, like most every top footballer would give it a lot of thought and like to go. I think Mane is much the same.

That’s nothing new. The reality is, none of the destination clubs could stump what Liverpool would want without some deck chairs being moved or money being found. If Barca clears Messi off the books, they could have money.

I wouldn’t want Salah to go, but the club is in a much better position to replace him if they had to do so. Jota isn’t as good, and really, most players aren’t, but they’re setup to where they can find a replacement or reinvest the money and continue on. I do think in the next window or two, if someone wanted to go out of the front 3, Liverpool would facilitate it, based on the reality of getting a Sancho or someone else back in to replace him. If they couldn’t find a top talent to come in, they wouldn’t let the deal happen. Liverpool are a top 5-6 club now, and with Klopp in charge, they can keep players if they want.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yes it does.
But indeed it could be a contract ploy.
Barca is out of the running IMO because they're broke for a while.
Real is clearly a possibility if they don't sign Mbappe, and frankly the more it goes, the less likely it is to me that Mbappe signs with Real. My money is on him signing a new PSG contract with Messi coming. It is at this point more likely than Mbappe to Real.

They're supposedly broke as well. Not looking to do any moves in the January window.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The captaincy thing was talked about by Aboutrika as a big reason for his departure.

The story circulated in the shit medias over here (betting company sponsored sites that just translate everything from international medias) mentioned that the main reasons for wanting out are personal and because of that, he wouldn't talk about them.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool keep getting connected to Lille players Botman and Renato Sanches by French sources. Nothing of it from any of the Tier 1s though.

probably agent talk from Lille being skint.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Liverpool keep getting connected to Lille players Botman and Renato Sanches by French sources. Nothing of it from any of the Tier 1s though.

probably agent talk from Lille being skint.
Renato Sanches would actually be a very good signing for Liverpool if Wij leaves.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Renato Sanches would actually be a very good signing for Liverpool if Wij leaves.
I think that their replacement is already in house. I don’t really see Liverpool going for a CM unless it’s a guy like Ben White who is a CB that can do both.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think that their replacement is already in house. I don’t really see Liverpool going for a CM unless it’s a guy like Ben White who is a CB that can do both.
Don’t know much about Liverpool’s system so I’ll defer to you. I just see them as similar players so based exclusively on type of player. Wij is better but Renato has that same work rate and it’s not like he’s lacking technically.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not sure if this is a positive or not but yeah
Nah extremely positive.
Some dutch fans here tend to overrate any half decent prospect and for some reason they never hyped this guy.
He's excellent. Doesn't look his age on the pitch. Strong, smart, very few mistakes if any.

Reactions: Gecklund and Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Don’t know much about Liverpool’s system so I’ll defer to you. I just see them as similar players so based exclusively on type of player. Wij is better but Renato has that same work rate and it’s not like he’s lacking technically.
Sure. Yeah I mean Sanches would be fun, but Liverpool need to create minutes for Curtis Jones, so I just don’t think they add a midfielder. It’s the position that they need the least. If you can get Sanches for like 20m, you kind of have to though.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Sure. Yeah I mean Sanches would be fun, but Liverpool need to create minutes for Curtis Jones, so I just don’t think they add a midfielder. It’s the position that they need the least. If you can get Sanches for like 20m, you kind of have to though.
What do you think about putting Jones in the Firmino role? Don't know how well it fits his strengths but looking at his size, creativity, work rate, and the wingers surrounding him (Salah and Mane), it might work pretty well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Mane, to me, seems more like a mercenary than Salah does and why I suggest he leaves first to probably Real if they decide they want him instead of Haaland. Though, Barca were supposedly after him as Messi's replacement last window.

It's going to be an interesting transfer window though in summer because the two Spanish giants will probably go crazy in reshaping their teams which might include Messi leaving, Martinez, Mbappe, Haaland, and some of the LFC blokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad