Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Mane, to me, seems more like a mercenary than Salah does and why I suggest he leaves first to probably Real if they decide they want him instead of Haaland. Though, Barca were supposedly after him as Messi's replacement last window.

It's going to be an interesting transfer window though in summer because the two Spanish giants will probably go crazy in reshaping their teams which might include Messi leaving, Martinez, Mbappe, Haaland, and some of the LFC blokes.

Neither team has the money to make a huge splash.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Mane, to me, seems more like a mercenary than Salah does and why I suggest he leaves first to probably Real if they decide they want him instead of Haaland. Though, Barca were supposedly after him as Messi's replacement last window.

It's going to be an interesting transfer window though in summer because the two Spanish giants will probably go crazy in reshaping their teams which might include Messi leaving, Martinez, Mbappe, Haaland, and some of the LFC blokes.
Yeah Mane the mercenary with the broken iPhone.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What do you think about putting Jones in the Firmino role? Don't know how well it fits his strengths but looking at his size, creativity, work rate, and the wingers surrounding him (Salah and Mane), it might work pretty well.
Ehhh. I think the Firmino role is just a Firmino role. If LFC get another center forward it might be a slightly more traditional one.

Reactions: Gecklund

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Neither team has the money to make a huge splash.
I think they'll find ways by selling a lot of the rubbish currently in the squad plus getting rid of wages too. Remember that Messi makes 26 million pounds per year, if he leaves on a free that's already 26 million in the bank for Barca. Plus multiple rumours I read last window said that Madrid is saving to make a big splash next summer.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Sure. Yeah I mean Sanches would be fun, but Liverpool need to create minutes for Curtis Jones, so I just don’t think they add a midfielder. It’s the position that they need the least. If you can get Sanches for like 20m, you kind of have to though.

They absolutely need a midfielder.
Thiago, Kieta, Ox, and Henderson all have injury concerns.
Gini is likely leaving.
Milner is exclusively a back-up and emergency depth.
Jones has earned minutes but even then there is lots to go around if somebody is brought in.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They absolutely need a midfielder.
Thiago, Kieta, Ox, and Henderson all have injury concerns.
Gini is likely leaving.
Milner is exclusively a back-up and emergency depth.
Jones has earned minutes but even then there is lots to go around if somebody is brought in.
I mean you can always use more, but there are more pressing needs at CB and ST at the least.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
I mean you can always use more, but there are more pressing needs at CB and ST at the least.

I disagree.
At CB, I can't see both Virgil and Gomez missing the whole season at the same time again. Matip has injury concerns, fair enough. Fabinho has been amazing. A couple of the kids have held their own and could take on minutes.
ST all depends on what happens with the front three. As long as Salah and Mane are with the team, there will be less urgency on finding a goal scoring ST.
That midfield with injuries and lots of footballing history and pressing under Klopp could use some rejuvenation.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Ehhh. I think the Firmino role is just a Firmino role. If LFC get another center forward it might be a slightly more traditional one.
Curtis could never replace Firmino. They are so different. Almost polar opposite.

To play like Firmino you need these key assets:
1) - Work rate (always pushing up front and coming deep to get ball, also be very aggressive and always come back to support defensively. )

2) Holding up the play just like a good pivot, LFC tend to throw long ball to the center and Firmino needs to be able to retrieve and keep the ball from the agression of the centerback who are usually stronger and good in the air. So you need a strong player with amazing first touch. To start the counter.

3) Ability to control the ball and dribble in the crowded area. Firmino is a great dribbler and he always buy time with his dribbles for a teammate like Salah or Mane to make a run. It is very hard to get the ball away from him.

4) Playmaker & quick decision. Firmino is not a good passer (never that high % rate) and he never go with crazy long passes. But he is a great playmaker, always looking for teammates making run. One two passes and rarely go for the shot himself unless he gets space.

The best player that I have seen in a similar role in the premier league is Raul Jimenez.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I don't buy that rumor nor do I recall seeing it a lot, but then the reports were more about Messi staying than anything.

I wouldn't be so sure. It might be another season before Madrid or Barça spend. Both clubs have had the players take multiple paycuts to name but one reason. Were it me I would go crazy if I'm either club. With regards to Barça and again without saying exactly what I'm thinking, I'd be making crazy swap offers where it'd probably look like we're overpaying. I'd shift a lot of high earners who aren't performing though.

I think they'll find ways by selling a lot of the rubbish currently in the squad plus getting rid of wages too. Remember that Messi makes 26 million pounds per year, if he leaves on a free that's already 26 million in the bank for Barca. Plus multiple rumours I read last window said that Madrid is saving to make a big splash next summer.

I would think those are Messi's net wages if correct, so they'd save even more if he left. That said I'm not sure it's that time yet assuming it ever will be. A whole host of players I want to see gone before Messi some of whom are on high wages themselves.

Reactions: S E P H

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
Yeah Mane the mercenary with the broken iPhone.

Did he or did he not throw a fit to move to Southampton from RB Salzburg? He abandoned the team. He then did the same to to Southampton to force a move to Liverpool. I know he's in favour currently at Liverpool but lets not pretend like he won't do that exact same thing to force a move again.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
A whole host of players I want to see gone before Messi some of whom are on high wages themselves.
The problem with Messi is you lot might not have a choice, he might use his decision that he wants to leave before you can sell all the remaining rubbish off the club.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The problem with Messi is you lot might not have a choice, he might use his decision that he wants to leave before you can sell all the remaining rubbish off the club.

Of course. We'll have to see. We could clear a lot of wages though by getting rid of just 3 players I'd want gone wages or otherwise.

Reactions: S E P H

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Did he or did he not throw a fit to move to Southampton from RB Salzburg? He abandoned the team. He then did the same to to Southampton to force a move to Liverpool. I know he's in favour currently at Liverpool but lets not pretend like he won't do that exact same thing to force a move again.

This is absolutely false. Liverpool almost immediately agreed a fee with Southampton before their preseason began and the deal was done very quickly. No fit, no anything.

Also, Salzburg tried to sell him to Russia and he had problems with that. He didn’t want to play there for obvious reasons. He also had an offer from Dortmund and didn’t want to play for Southampton. That’s what happened with Salzburg.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
According to Ajax insiders, there’s a lot of interest from the elite teams in Gravenberch. They could make offers this window.

He’ll stay for another year or two, though. Then he might get Ajax De Ligt/Frenkie type money.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
There's a bit of a difference between those clubs and Liverpool...

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
According to Dutch sources, Bas Dost is going to Club Brugge when the window opens next week. Will sign a deal until July 2022.
Since we're desperately in need for a striker who actually knows how to score a goal, this would be a welcome move.. I think? He's 32 but hopefully has something left in the tank.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think they’ve been a midfielder light for a bit anyhow. That might be unclear on the surface, but I think with Ox always being hurt, Naby made of glass, and then Gini, Milner, Hendo and Thiago either closing in on or past 30. The running Klopp expects these guys to do is beating their bodies down. Jones coming in provides some youth, and as good as he is, I don’t know that he’s physically built to do some of the running Klopp expects at this stage. We already saw him get a bit worn out after a few matches in a row.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He is.
He has made tremendous strides under Galtier.
He was also very young when he made the move to the PL. Got some BAD advice to make a transfer to Swansea who was in a relegation battle at 19 years old. The talent was obviously there, but how many other players have been ruined by a bad transfer too early in their career. So what if he breaks out at 22 instead of three years earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad