Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Read a rumour that Arsenal is wanting to shell out 50 million for Abdallah Sima, from Slavia Praha. No idea if he's worth it @Aladyyn and no idea why we're going after a striker....

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
More than doubling the record fee for a player from the Czech league? Sima's good, but there's no way that's real.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
You're probably right, but it sounds like that's the initial fee Praha wants. What range would you consider him under?
They understandably don't want to sell him in the winter window, that's probably what it would take to change their mind on that. I would expect him to go for half that in the summer if he keeps his form up (and probably not until the CL qualifiers are over).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I was just about to post this.

I am not sure what the hell is going on. I was expecting him to retire there.

I would love Juve to sign him.
Yeah I thought this had already been mentioned in the media before which is why I was asking about it in the last match since he was still playing. Too bad as he has done great things with Atalanta. The squad might be a bit overloaded atm and I doubt he's looking for a rotational spot or I'd love him at Liverpool as well.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I doubt he would want a bench role when he’s this late into his career. It will be 90% money his next move Imo

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Salah is apparently not happy at Liverpool and wants to go.
Mohamed Aboutrika, friend of Salah says he wants to go.
Says he's not trusted by Klopp, blah, blah, blah.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Funny. Salah just did an interview on video where he did not say those things. He said he wanted to break club records and if anything made it sound like he wants another contract.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Funny. Salah just did an interview on video where he did not say those things. He said he wanted to break club records and if anything made it sound like he wants another contract.
If you're talking about the AS interview, he also said the following in the same interview :

AS: Let's speak a little about some Spanish clubs that you are always being linked with, namely Real Madrid and Barcelona. I was wondering if you would rule out playing for either of them.
Salah: I think Madrid and Barcelona are top clubs... We never know what is going to happen in the future, but right now I'm focused on winning the Premier League and the Champions League again with my club.
AS: How much longer do you see yourself playing for Liverpool?
Salah: [Laughs] That's a tough one, but right now I can say that everything is in the club's hands. Of course I want to break records here and, I repeat, every record in the club, but everything's in the hands of the club.
AS: Regarding the Champions League, we didn't mention about the last game where you were meant to be the captain, but in the end another player was chosen. How did you take it?
Salah: Honestly, I was very disappointed. I was expecting to be the captain... but it's a manager's decision, so I accept it.

The captaincy thing was talked about by Aboutrika as a big reason for his departure.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Salah has been rumored to leave to Barca/Real Madrid since the first year he joined Liverpool. He has now been here for 4 years, so I take any rumor of him leaving with a grain of salt.

That being said, if Salah decide to really leave at the end of the year, I am fine with it. I would rather he stays but if he want to go I would not be frustrated as LFC are now set financially and can survive a key player departure without crashing down like it was the case with Suarez.

What would be terrible is if Salah and Mane want to leave in the same summer. That would be terrible but even then maybe managable depending on the players LFC can purchase.

If Salah leave, my first target to replace him would be Håland.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, he can want to go, but Barca is broke (and crappy) and Real isn’t that great (nor have they really shown interest). Even if Real had money, they would want to spend it on someone else. So not sure it quite matters.

He’s under contract for two and a half more years. He clearly says he’d like to break more records for Liverpool, but admits Barca and Real are interesting. Water is wet.

The captain thing I guess can be an issue, but I think it’s more of the he would like to be seen as a leader, but whatever, he’s not going unless it’s in the best interest of the club. He says he was disappointed to not get the band, but accepts it. It might be this summer, who knows.

I don’t think the interview is nothing. He’s generally very private, and supposedly they’re working on a new contract. So it might make sense to float out there that you have options and see what comes up. That said, I think a footballer of his ability and age, has to consider all the options in what will likely be his last chance to move or get a big payday. That’s nothing new or groundbreaking.

Last edited:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
"Everything's in the hands of the club", somehow the way that sounds makes it look like he's not happy with management.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes it does.
But indeed it could be a contract ploy.
Barca is out of the running IMO because they're broke for a while.
Real is clearly a possibility if they don't sign Mbappe, and frankly the more it goes, the less likely it is to me that Mbappe signs with Real. My money is on him signing a new PSG contract with Messi coming. It is at this point more likely than Mbappe to Real.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Yes it does.
Real is clearly a possibility if they don't sign Mbappe, and frankly the more it goes, the less likely it is to me that Mbappe signs with Real. My money is on him signing a new PSG contract with Messi coming. It is at this point more likely than Mbappe to Real.

Dammit :(

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yes it does.
If Real Madrid wants to sign Salah, his transfer fee takes them out of the running to sign Mbappe too. There is going to be a game of musical chairs if Salah goes. Liverpool I doubt would sell Salah, and if they did, I doubt it would be for less than they got for Coutinho. If Salah goes they are getting a Haaland/Mbappe level player back in, or there is no point.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If Real Madrid wants to sign Salah, his transfer fee takes them out of the running to sign Mbappe too. There is going to be a game of musical chairs if Salah goes. Liverpool I doubt would sell Salah, and if they did, I doubt it would be for less than they got for Coutinho. If Salah goes they are getting a Haaland/Mbappe level player back in, or there is no point.
Well yeah that's what I wrote. I don't think Mbappe goes to Real next summer. Which makes them a player for Salah/Haaland.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Well yeah that's what I wrote. I don't think Mbappe goes to Real next summer. Which makes them a player for Salah/Haaland.
Right. I’m saying if they sign Salah, it takes them outing for one of the other ones, so they need to weigh that. Also does Liverpool sell Salah if Madrid buys the person they want to replace Salah with? If Madrid doesn’t buy Salah, who else can? It’s a very small pool

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Not sure Madrid signs anybody this summer. Maybe they try to leave Mbappe for 2022.
As for us, I don't see why Salah would come here and I think they would be looking for a younger player such as Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad