Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I have no idea why anyone would want Origi but the sources are very good.

apparently Wolverhampton have liked him for a while so maybe with the Jimenez injury they want to go with someone their scouts think would work? But Origi has also been terrible since he scored in the Champions League final. I think he has less than three shots on goal this whole season so far. Liverpool could honestly use him as depth too, but they aren’t going to turn down a transfer fee in that range

For me it comes down to long (or medium) term cost/benefit. Having Origi as an alternative is fine. Not that long ago he was hailed as a fairly fantastic depth player for the best team in the world. He would clearly have value for Wolverhampton if he gets back to being that player, but for me too much money for someone that as you say hardly has been brilliant lately. As well as mentioned in my reply to hatterson what do you do they day Jimenez is back? Then Wolves will have 3 fairly expensive strikers competing for one position.

Would make much more sense to go for someone much cheaper to support - and not take minutes away from - Silva. An Origi loan for half a season would be something completely different (even if I doubt Pool would have any interest in that specific idea - but there are others).

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don't know him. Dude looks ripped :laugh: We're desperately looking for a striker so he would have a good chance to be a starter right away.

He’s an incredible athlete (6’2 225). Everyone in the USA compares him to Lukaku, but I think he has better technique. He’s raw in the sense that he’s only played in the spotlight for a year. I don’t think there’s a player in MLS that American fans are more excited about right now, but I also suspect he’ll probably stay one more year and go to a very big club.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Still think it's an absurd transfer to spend 40m to get a u23 player.
Why?
They're paying for potential.
Think Leicester made a mistake signing Fofana?
Think Chelsea made a mistake signing Hazard?
Think Arsenal made a mistake signing Saliba? Wait... :D

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Why?
They're paying for potential.
Think Leicester made a mistake signing Fofana?
Think Chelsea made a mistake signing Hazard?
Think Arsenal made a mistake signing Saliba? Wait... :D
For every that purchase theres Oscar, Vini, Lucas just off the top of my head.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And? If one team can afford to spend 40M on an exciting prospect it's United.
And of the players you mentionned, Oscar was sold for big money, Vini is still not sold and won't be on the cheap and Lucas got sold for a minor loss.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
And? If one team can afford to spend 40M on an exciting prospect it's United.
And of the players you mentionned, Oscar was sold for big money, Vini is still not sold and won't be on the cheap and Lucas got sold for a minor loss.
Whether they can afford it or not is irrelevant, the idea is if its a good investment. Are you missing or hitting most of the time. Chelsea got bailed out by a team in China. The idea isnt to flip them but to have them on the team. Unless your buying for stocks lol

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well you answered your own question. An investment means that if it doesn't work out, they don't lose a ton of money.

So that's a weird post.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well you answered your own question. An investment means that if it doesn't work out, they don't lose a ton of money.

So that's a weird post.
Your buying players to get them to produce on the field. Whether or not you find a sucker to offload the bust is another matter you still made a bad buy. Mind you some work out but I wouldnt want my team to make Malcolm purchases every window in hopes another team buys him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's not another matter.
You buy for potential.
If he works out, you're genius.
If it doesn't, you don't lose the entire money but a fraction of it because players with big potential always sell high.

Nobody said those teams bought prospects in order to sell them LOL. WTF are you talking about???

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Whether they can afford it or not is irrelevant, the idea is if its a good investment. Are you missing or hitting most of the time. Chelsea got bailed out by a team in China. The idea isnt to flip them but to have them on the team. Unless your buying for stocks lol

Being real...it's both. Big teams buy young talent just as much for their future transfer budgets as they do for their first team; especially since the "former _____ academy/youth team product" label often sells well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad