Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Looks like Souček is in for a new contract as West Ham tries to preempt other teams from going after him in the winter window. Apparently Bayern has taken an interest what with their thinning ranks of midfielders

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Looks like Souček is in for a new contract as West Ham tries to preempt other teams from going after him in the winter window. Apparently Bayern has taken an interest what with their thinning ranks of midfielders
Don't doubt he's getting interest on the continent with his play (not quite sure he's Bayern level though), but I doubt he moves this summer, let alone in January.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't know him all that well - as I hardly watch WH every week, but to me he looks like a perfect fit for that team. Not sure if I see the point in moving yet - as he has only played 25+ matches at a high level.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Don't doubt he's getting interest on the continent with his play (not quite sure he's Bayern level though), but I doubt he moves this summer, let alone in January.

Of course, interest is something that's bandied about a lot. Doesn't mean anything specific is likely to happen, but obviously it's in the team's best interests to keep him happy.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Of course, interest is something that's bandied about a lot. Doesn't mean anything specific is likely to happen, but obviously it's in the team's best interests to keep him happy.
What's your take on Abdallah Sima? I know he just broke through, but I saw some stuff online about West Ham being interested (probably just people taking WH's Slavia obsession to it's logical end).

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
What's your take on Abdallah Sima? I know he just broke through, but I saw some stuff online about West Ham being interested (probably just people taking WH's Slavia obsession to it's logical end).

I don't follow Slavia that closely, maybe @Aladyyn could give you a better personal take, but certainly he's been great for Slavia. They've already rejected a 10 million euro offer for him though and are not looking to sell unless some absurd overpayment comes in, so I'd imagine it's about as hot as Souček actually leaving.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Sima is a brilliant talent but it's definitely too soon for him to move. He's only just started playing professional football and needs to prove this is not just a hot streak. That said, it's hard to see his form dropping with his skillset - he has everything you could ask for in a forward (very rare to see players like this in the Czech league). I don't think West Ham is a great destination though, maybe if they get into Europe this season.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Keep seeing Çalhanoğlu being linked to United, mostly stories based out of Italy. He’s out of contract in June. Still only 26. I’ve always been a fan. Not sure it makes sense for United as I don’t know where he plays? Is he content spelling Bruno at the 10?

very well could just be his agent drumming up interest as he’s on a free in June.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Keep seeing Çalhanoğlu being linked to United, mostly stories based out of Italy. He’s out of contract in June. Still only 26. I’ve always been a fan. Not sure it makes sense for United as I don’t know where he plays? Is he content spelling Bruno at the 10?

very well could just be his agent drumming up interest as he’s on a free in June.
Pretty sure he can play wing too but I think it’s LW. Don’t know how much he’s played at RW.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
According to James Pearce -

Wolverhampton (for some reason) want Divock Origi in January and LFC will sell for a deal in the neighborhood of 20m. This information is corroborated by Tim Spiers who is the Wolverhampton reporter for The Athletic, so there is definitely some smoke here that a deal can get done. Origi and Hoever traded for Diogo Jota, eh?

Even if LFC get cash for Origi, according to Pearce there would be no plans for Liverpool to replace Origi by adding another attacker in January. There are also no plans to recall Harvey Elliott from his loan. Liverpool could look to add a Center Back, but it is not seen as urgent.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Roma offered Dallas around 9M for Brian Reynolds. Don’t imagine Dallas accepts since there’s about 5-7 teams wanting him.

Barca has been monitoring Gianluca Busio from SKC. They were about to sign him this last window but with all of the financial problems, they backed out but still are monitoring him.

Portland signed LB Claudio Bravo who they claim will be a top 5 LB in the league. @Duchene2MacKinnon have you seen him play?

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Roma offered Dallas around 9M for Brian Reynolds. Don’t imagine Dallas accepts since there’s about 5-7 teams wanting him.

Barca has been monitoring Gianluca Busio from SKC. They were about to sign him this last window but with all of the financial problems, they backed out but still are monitoring him.

I'm now reading that Marseille and Lyon are also interested in Reynolds. As to Busio, these rumors of Barcelona interest come around pretty often, but I just don't believe that he's being bought for anything other than the B team. In that case, he could do much better than being a Barcelona B player.

I read today that Club Brugge is interested in buying Daryl Dike. @Savi. He's going to leave MLS pretty soon I would think. Too much potential to stick around much past next season, if he even makes it to a second season in the league. And also to add to Brugge, they are another club interested in Reynolds. This is all coming today from the Belgian press apparently.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm now reading that Marseille and Lyon are also interested in Reynolds. As to Busio, these rumors of Barcelona interest come around pretty often, but I just don't believe that he's being bought for anything other than the B team. In that case, he could do much better than being a Barcelona B player.

I read today that Club Brugge is interested in buying Daryl Dike. @Savi. He's going to leave MLS pretty soon I would think. Too much potential to stick around much past next season, if he even makes it to a second season in the league. And also to add to Brugge, they are another club interested in Reynolds. This is all coming today from the Belgian press apparently.
Yeah I’ve seen Marseille, Lyon, Juve, Roma, Milan, and “unnamed German team” for Reynolds. I hope he goes to Germany.

Agreed on Busio. I think he should go to Italy (he’s been linked there in the past). He seems like the kind of player that is going to get massively hyped due to making his debut at 15/16 but will never live up to that hype.

I saw the Dike rumors too I just forgot about them when I made the post. I think he needs to spend one more year in the MLS before moving abroad. He didn’t even start the year as a starter.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Portland signed LB Claudio Bravo who they claim will be a top 5 LB in the league. @Duchene2MacKinnon have you seen him play?

Seen him play in the youth teams. Don’t really have any impression though. I’m still waiting for Barco to be worth his fee though.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

City dragging their feet.... good this doesn't bode well. Since there's a history with Argentina transfers lol

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I read today that Club Brugge is interested in buying Daryl Dike. @Savi. He's going to leave MLS pretty soon I would think. Too much potential to stick around much past next season, if he even makes it to a second season in the league.

Don't know him. Dude looks ripped :laugh: We're desperately looking for a striker so he would have a good chance to be a starter right away.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I think Silva has looked poor for Wolverhampton, but he is a young player they paid a lot of money for. Why would they bring in Origi to take away minutes from Silva? Seems borderline absurd to me. I get that they might need some depth, but 20m for depth for Wolverhampton is just too much.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think Silva has looked poor for Wolverhampton, but he is a young player they paid a lot of money for. Why would they bring in Origi to take away minutes from Silva? Seems borderline absurd to me. I get that they might need some depth, but 20m for depth for Wolverhampton is just too much.
I have no idea why anyone would want Origi but the sources are very good.

apparently Wolverhampton have liked him for a while so maybe with the Jimenez injury they want to go with someone their scouts think would work? But Origi has also been terrible since he scored in the Champions League final. I think he has less than three shots on goal this whole season so far. Liverpool could honestly use him as depth too, but they aren’t going to turn down a transfer fee in that range

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Having an 18 year old as your only healthy center forward isn’t a great plan for a team that wasn’t to push top 6.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Having an 18 year old as your only healthy center forward isn’t a great plan for a team that wasn’t to push top 6.

That wasn't my point though. There are many ways to solve that issue which would cost you a lot less than 20m. Not to mention being "stuck" with 3 fairly high profile strikers the day Jimenez is back - for one spot in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad