Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Can't agree on his attitude. With Son he looked the most ready physically for this season. Even now when he doesn't play regularly and clearly is out in the cold he still looks fit when he plays. He runs himself to the ground. He seems to try the hardest when things are tough. I know Mourinho has commented on his training, but if he has played better my guess is that would not have been an issue.

He is a strange player. A bit like Muller. Not comparing them in quality of course, but when they are out of form you wonder what they are really that good at? And when they are in form they seem to be involved in goals right, left and center. If we have had the Alli from some years back Spurs would have been my favourite to win the league now. He was that good. Now I just want him to leave. Not because I have anything against him, but I don't see a realistic way back. Even if the manager changes. I don't think he will find a new manager rating Alli higher than Mourinho seemingly did.

Credit to Mourinho. Alli was a favourite. Lost his place. Davies the same. Arguably even Aurier, but he has in excellent fashion got it back. Which Mourinho has acknowledged. So easy to get hung up on your favourites, but so far Mourinho has handled that excellently. Sissoko another one that has gone from probably been seen as a squad player to a very important one.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't know everything Arteta might have said about Saliba, so there might be quotes I have missed, but from the ones I have seen I don't see that from his quotes at all. He wanted him to go out on loan - that is not the same as not wanting him.

Not that it is good that Saliba has indicated he is unhappy already. Good for Arsenal that is.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't know everything Arteta might have said about Saliba, so there might be quotes I have missed, but from the ones I have seen I don't see that from his quotes at all. He wanted him to go out on loan - that is not the same as not wanting him.

Not that it is good that Saliba has indicated he is unhappy already. Good for Arsenal that is.
It's from a tabloid source, so I don't believe it, but it's funny anyways. The entire situation with how they have handled Saliba is hilarious, especially when you look at how well Fofana is performing with Leicester.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Something with Todibo is way off. Benfica's coach just said Todibo is not in his plans and that he is not physically nor tactically fit to play for them. They want to cancel the loan (Benfica paid 2 million to get him on loan)

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
And that Saliba is better than Fofana.
Yea that was my point, Saliba was better last year than Fofana, but apparently Saliba isn't good enough for Arsenal while Fofana has been great for Leicester.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So with Liverpool drawing Leipzig in the CL, I am going to go out on a. Limb and say LFC isn’t getting a CB in January.

Edit: also this.

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
How is Upamecano playing these days? The little I have seen him this season hasn't been very impressive. Sample size is tiny though - so I'm not drawing any conclusions from it.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
So with Liverpool drawing Leipzig in the CL, I am going to go out on a. Limb and say LFC isn’t getting a CB in January.

Edit: also this.

The problem for Liverpool in their pitch to someone like Upamecano is what happens when the team is healthy. I think they're way more likely to sign a journeyman than an exciting young CB.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The problem for Liverpool is that part of their pitch to someone like Upamecano is what happens when the team is healthy.
I mean that’s a good problem. But yeah I mean let’s take Upamecano off the board. The other name that has been most connected has been Ben White at Brighton. He would be very useful because he can also play in the midfield. I think that’s who LFC focuses on now. Agent Adam Lallana has to get to work. Maybe LFC can throw Brighton like Nat Phillips or a Rhys Williams/Billy Koumetio loan to facilitate a deal, but Liverpool need to do something in January. They literally have zero fit center backs.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Ben White sounds expensive. Especially in January.

Sanchez would cost you half :nod:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Upa has ups and downs really. I don't think he's ready for the highest level yet.
I think Kounde is better, but I think Kounde is too small for England. Man City thought he was too small for them this summer apparently so they went for Ruben Dias instead

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ben White sounds expensive. Especially in January.

Sanchez would cost you half :nod:
He’s expensive but he is a long term target and he plays two positions. Plus LFC are going to be desperate with literally no healthy center backs. If they do sign someone it’ll be someone that they have been after for a while. They won’t pull a random FIFA signing out of their back pocket. I’m still not convinced they are signing anyone though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad