Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Lucas Torreira is coming back to Arsenal in January as Simeone has not been pleased with his play.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sounds like Arsenal rumoured to be after Aouar again for the winter window.
Lucas Torreira is coming back to Arsenal in January as Simeone has not been pleased with his play.
He loved Italy, I just wish there were some wealthier clubs there to get him off the wage bill. It will be interesting to see because if Arteta is fired in the next month or so, everyone might get another clean slate.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think there are nice options out there. (Not rumored to LFC)

It depends on the price but I trust the transfer committee to find the right guy.
I mean the should find a CB in L1. That’s where they will get value because most of those teams are suffering financially and their TV deal is on life support at best. France also happens to be the only country that develops good defenders (obviously a bit of hyperbole but look at that pipeline). LFC is not going to get a guy just to get a guy, and they are going to be looking are specific traits but yeah either way I’d look to France for sure.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Does he not start next to VVD?
Not assuredly, especially on this form. May as well keep Gomez and save the transfer fee. They were having the same season as each other and LFC know what they have with Gomez.

still think they look for a guy who can cover two positions like Ben White if being realistic.

if being unrealistic on price I’m taking Kounde. If I am being unrealistic on strategy I am scouring L1 right now. If I am being really unrealistic does Leicester sell Johnny Evans with Soyuncu back soon and Evans in a contract dispute? Let’s get really weird and get Saliba out of Arsenal

I don’t expect anything other than adding Nat Phillips to the CL Squad though

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Not assuredly, especially on this form. May as well keep Gomez and save the transfer fee. They were having the same season as each other and LFC know what they have with Gomez.

still think they look for a guy who can cover two positions like Ben White if being realistic.

if being unrealistic on price I’m taking Kounde. If I am being unrealistic on strategy I am scouring L1 right now. If I am being really unrealistic does Leicester sell Johnny Evans with Soyuncu back soon and Evans in a contract dispute?

I don’t expect anything other than adding Nat Phillips to the CL Squad though
Wonder what @Evilo thinks of Simakin for LFC. Can cover both positions and RB. Don’t think he’s necessarily ready for that big of a move but there’s definitely worse options.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Wonder what @Evilo thinks of Simakin for LFC. Can cover both positions and RB. Don’t think he’s necessarily ready for that big of a move but there’s definitely worse options.
He’s got talent and I doubt he breaks the bank relative to others, but that is a signing that would be very against the mold for LFC. I’m all for it though, I mean it’s not up to me but Why not at this stage

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Upa is rather error prone, but he’s absolutely better than Gomez, in my opinion. I agree that Liverpool doesn’t need to upgrade that position when everyone is fit. I think Gomez/Matip is a good enough 2/3 with Fabinho capable of filling in and some kids who can do a good enough job.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He’s got talent and I doubt he breaks the bank relative to others, but that is a signing that would be very against the mold for LFC. I’m all for it though, I mean it’s not up to me but Why not at this stage
What do you mean he’s against the mold? Honestly haven’t paid enough attention to Pool’s transfers so genuine question.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What do you mean he’s against the mold? Honestly haven’t paid enough attention to Pool’s transfers so genuine question.
They tend to follow their targets for a long time before making a move. If they like Simaken they will have needed to be every familiar with him already, which is not super likely if his breakout is recent. If you have The Athletic DM me and I will send you a good article.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
They tend to follow their targets for a long time before making a move. If they like Simaken they will have needed to be every familiar with him already, which is not super likely if his breakout is recent. If you have The Athletic DM me and I will send you a good article.
What about Tsim.... yep not going to spell that right the fullback they signed this window? Or Salisu who they were about to sign before he went to Southampton? I obviously don’t follow Liverpool close so I have no idea if there were rumors before about them. Same thing with Ox (known quantity though) or Alisson (breakout season and then came to Liverpool).

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think Upa is rather error prone, but he’s absolutely better than Gomez, in my opinion. I agree that Liverpool doesn’t need to upgrade that position when everyone is fit. I think Gomez/Matip is a good enough 2/3 with Fabinho capable of filling in and some kids who can do a good enough job.
Didn’t say Upa was worse than Gomez. But saying LFC will probably stay with the known quantity than the mystery box in Upa is going cost a ton of and keep making errors. Especially now that Bayern is involved.

Gomez and Matip can do a job, but not if they are injured. Gomez is gone for the season and Matip always gets hurt when he plays too many games in a small time. Had to leave weekend game with back spasms and England is moving into the holiday period. It’s bad. Fabinho is great at CB, but LFC are also almost out of midfielders too, and they could use him there too. It’s a mess.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What about Tsim.... yep not going to spell that right the fullback they signed this window? Or Salisu who they were about to sign before he went to Southampton? I obviously don’t follow Liverpool close so I have no idea if there were rumors before about them. Same thing with Ox (known quantity though) or Alisson (breakout season and then came to Liverpool).
Supposedly they were tracing Tsimikas too. Had a loan spell at the same team as Pedro Chirivella and got some inside tips. Too bad he also made out of glass. Dude got hurt, got COVID and then got hurt again. Don’t think they were in on Salisu; didn’t see that anywhere. AOC Known quantity and they were also in on Alisson a while too. If you remember the old keeper Doni, he was another former player and team mate that tipped them off supposedly. Also Salah was at Roma and LFC played against Alisson first hand. There is always exceptions to the rule, but LFC certain,y have a method.

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Agreed with every point. Such a useful player with potential but is he ready I'm not sure.
Strasbourg was asking 20M for him last window. He almost left. Some teams tried to save a couple of M lol.

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Klopp also doesn't sign from the French market, Fabinho being the exception.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Out of curiosity what makes Upamecano better than Gomez?

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Klopp also doesn't sign from the French market, Fabinho being the exception.

He might not. But I think they've been willing to do so at times. They were willing to buy Fekir until whatever went down (please don't bring that back up... it's all been hashed out a number of times), and they definitely were in for Lemar until the money got stupid. They've snagged a kid or two (they have high hopes for Koumetio, and Yasser Larouci looked like he could play a bit last season, though he did want a move this summer).

I think it's a harder market for some clubs who don't have the connections to get into. There's questions of how some stats translate, and I think you have a number of clubs who are more tapped into France than Liverpool is for sure.

Of course, you might change their tune when they sign Mbappe this summer /sarcasm (clearly not happening).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad