Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I mean, the player still had his pick of big clubs cause of the clause in his contract. I get the optics, but it's not like RB could've forced him to move to Leipzig if he wanted to go someplace else :dunno:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If you're speaking about Alli, I have a hard time seeing him moving to a club like Sheffield United or Crystal Palace. I think he is going to take another shot at a relatively big club.

It would be just a 6 month loan. He hasn't played much this season and needs minutes. Not sure which big club will be coming into a guy who hasn't played much this season and can't get into the Spurs squad. So if he can't cut it at Spurs, who are kinda a big club, which big club is going after him?

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
It would be just a 6 month loan. He hasn't played much this season and needs minutes. Not sure which big club will be coming into a guy who hasn't played much this season and can't get into the Spurs squad. So if he can't cut it at Spurs, who are kinda a big club, which big club is going after him?

Just a player that needs a change of scenery. PSG were interested in a loan this summer.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah for english papers surely.
Can't see the point for PSG :
1/ no place in the lineup
2/ PSG are trying to save money, adding his salary for a bench player makes zero sense.

It makes absolutely zero sense. Papers talk that's it.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Yeah for english papers surely.
Can't see the point for PSG :
1/ no place in the lineup
2/ PSG are trying to save money, adding his salary for a bench player makes zero sense.

It makes absolutely zero sense. Papers talk that's it.

1. This was probably before PSG signed Rafinha (who features quite a bit it seems like). So there clearly was a spot.

2. Pretty sure his wages are kind of low (for a PL player). Like £100k/week.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
1. This was probably before PSG signed Rafinha (who features quite a bit it seems like). So there clearly was a spot.

2. Pretty sure his wages are kind of low (for a PL player). Like £100k/week.
1- Rafinha's wages and Dele's are vastly different. And Rafinha doesn't play 10 either, so not the same position.
2- That's not low in L1.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Who knows with Alli. Impossible to say what kind of agreement Spurs would have accepted. Having him on the C-team in London isn't useful for anyone. What if Spurs have paid the wages just for Alli to play somewhere else? A good season from Alli in Paris (or somewhere else) and it would have been easy to get a decent fee come summer 2021.

Not that I ever understood the PSG link, but it seemed to be reported by quite a few, like Creed said, that got reasonable reputations.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I love how Leipzig are "leading the race" to ship a player from one affiliatie to another :laugh:
This fascinates me. Financially, I’m guessing it’s just one RB subsidiary paying another? so to Red Bull global, it’s just moving money between accounts?

Red Bull is going to pay Red Bull for a Red Bull player so they can sell him for twice his current value in a few years.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
This fascinates me. Financially, I’m guessing it’s just one RB subsidiary paying another? so to Red Bull global, it’s just moving money between accounts?

Red Bull is going to pay Red Bull for a Red Bull player so they can sell him for twice his current value in a few years.

This was City´s dream. Just have a million clubs around the world feeding City with players.

Actually surprised that they are doing it so half heartedly.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

No, Leipzig is going to pay Salzburg for a player who is going to help them on the pitch.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Klopp was dumb as hell playing Jota and Salah 90 minutes in a more than meaningless game.

For my sanity, I hope we don't get another round of five subs arguments on the back of this.
Agree with first paragraph. Disagree with second paragraph. 50% hit rate for our opinions is way above the average.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

As I understand it the clubs are not run by the same people nor do they share finances directly. So really it's the money coming out of Leipzig's operating budget going to Salzburg's operating budget. neither club has been burning through owner cash recently like some other large clubs do.

Reactions: cgf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad