Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Neymar said after the game he's feeling great in Paris, is discussing an extension and that leaving isn't crossing his mind.
Meanwhile El-Khelaifi said later that they were discussing contracts with Ney and Mbappe and that he was confidence of an extension because both wanted to stay.

The falling of the Evil spanish empire couldn't have a better timing for PSG.

True, but PSG is probably a worse evil. Heck, as a Madridista, I would root for Barca against freaking PSG.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Szoboszlai going to Leipzig it seems. Arsenal never made an offer, surprisingly.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Not surprised by the Soboszlai outcome, it was always going to be this way. Time to switch the focus somewhere else.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
De Jong isn’t happening.

I assumed as much...my guess is that of the names being reported, either Kamara or Zakaria is the most likely to actually go to Bayern...but de Jong's reportedly also on that list of 6s that Bayern are longterm admirers of, whom they are currently kicking the tires on.

I wouldn't figure the german press to be breaking what Barca's up to; their sawces are almost always going to be on the Bayern side of reports like this.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Alasdair Gold says that it is unlikely for Spurs to transfer Winks in the winter, since they would lack cover otherwise.

Dele Alli could very much be going elsewhere however, since he is considered a surplus. I really don't like seeing Alli leave the club this way, but he is a poor fit to the way Mou wants to play I guess. I could see him reignite his career elsewhere though.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Bids from Italy, Belgium, and France for Brian Reynolds from FC Dallas. I know Juve was linked so I would assume that’s the Italian angle, haven’t heard the exact teams from Belgium/France.

Mark McKenzie heavily linked with Celtic but it doesn’t seem like he wants that move and is instead looking for a different move to Germany or France. Union being the most reliably linked.

Brendan Aaronson is already heading to RBS in the winter window. While he isn’t at the same level as Szo... (not even going to attempt the spelling), he is a similar kind of player. He will be a really good replacement for him there.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Alasdair Gold says that it is unlikely for Spurs to transfer Winks in the winter, since they would lack cover otherwise.

Dele Alli could very much be going elsewhere however, since he is considered a surplus. I really don't like seeing Alli leave the club this way, but he is a poor fit to the way Mou wants to play I guess. I could see him reignite his career elsewhere though.

I doubt it'll happen but Sheffield United needs a player just like him. They need someone who can make things happen in the final 3rd and he can score from distance. A loan till the summer would be a good move for both but he probably goes to Crystal Palace or another team more mid table then to a relegation fight one.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't see a scenario where he leaves in January. Not sure if I belive he is really looking to move either. He has grown up a fan and he seems intelligent enough to understand that he hasn't performed this season to justify playing more than he has.

Could see him doing like Walker-Peters if he moves though. He clearly has more talent than he has been able to show. Just looks like someone that doesn't have a lot of "natural confidence". Get him playing regularly then he might show a different side of himself.

Spurs need their English players, but right now Skipp looks likely to take Winks' spot in the squad. And unfortunately Winks doesn't look like he will be the guy playing next to Højbjerg a bit longer term. A shame as I like Winks, but I am starting to lose faith.

Alli is a lost cause at Spurs. Got no idea why. Looked so fit in the pre-season. Works hard. But nothing really works for him any longer. He doesn’t necessarily play poorly, but just so average. Still a player there though if he ends up at the right place.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I doubt it'll happen but Sheffield United needs a player just like him. They need someone who can make things happen in the final 3rd and he can score from distance. A loan till the summer would be a good move for both but he probably goes to Crystal Palace or another team more mid table then to a relegation fight one.

If you're speaking about Alli, I have a hard time seeing him moving to a club like Sheffield United or Crystal Palace. I think he is going to take another shot at a relatively big club.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Ali will not go to relegation fodder or a smaller club. My guess is if he moves, it will be another top(ish) side. His name and initial hype will have him covered for at least one decent move imo.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Ali will not go to relegation fodder or a smaller club. My guess is if he moves, it will be another top(ish) side. His name and initial hype will have him covered for at least one decent move imo.
...and after that he can go to Arsenal!

E:
Maybe they could sucker Inter into a loan with an obligation to buy, so that he can replace Eriksen being wasted on their bench.

Reactions: robertmac43

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Alli is Pogba-lite. Clearly there is a player there, but how would you get it out of him? And how much would you pay for a punt?

Can't see Liverpool going for him. Not City. Not Chelsea. Utd got a million AMs. Arsenal could actually work, but to sell a still very popular English player to Arsenal? Not sure. Abroad? Could see it, but who has the cash with Covid-19? Difficult one. Sounds like a loan abroad.

Even Winks. An English international is not going for 7m anywhere.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bids from Italy, Belgium, and France for Brian Reynolds from FC Dallas. I know Juve was linked so I would assume that’s the Italian angle, haven’t heard the exact teams from Belgium/France.

It's worth pointing out that the guy who named Belgium and France (Anderlecht and Strasbourg) is about as unreliable as it gets in the US media, so I wouldn't take that too seriously. The guy who initially broke the story of Reynolds impending transfer is the mouthpiece of the team Reynolds plays for. He named Juventus as one of the teams, said there are 3 official bids so far and more clubs involved. He said the fee will be 7M+, so I doubt the clubs Roger Gonzalez claimed were making bids are involved that seriously. Maybe they showed initial interest. It's likely Juventus and teams just below that level are the main teams involved.

Mark McKenzie heavily linked with Celtic but it doesn’t seem like he wants that move and is instead looking for a different move to Germany or France. Union being the most reliably linked.

It seems like McKenzie's team acknowledges he's leaving this window, but no one wants to say which teams are interested. That Celtic link is old and it seems like it won't happen. They've had a number of bids turned down, and it doesn't appear like McKenzie wants to play there either. The Union Berlin link was from September from the German media, so I wouldn't say its too relevant now. There are some teams involved, but we just don't know which teams yet.

Brendan Aaronson is already heading to RBS in the winter window. While he isn’t at the same level as Szo... (not even going to attempt the spelling), he is a similar kind of player. He will be a really good replacement for him there.

I hope you are right, but I don't think he's even close to as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad