Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Spending a ton of money for the privilege of complaining about Pogba not being a prime Mesut, would be one of the most Arsenal things they could do.
I mean talent and position wise he’s exactly what they need. Consistency and mentality wise he’d compound the problems there that’s for sure.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He’s the last thing you guys need. Mentality wise at least.

We need quality in midfield more than anything, but yeah. A midfield of him, Partey and Özil has everything and is elite in every aspect. Under Arteta Pogba would not do well though of course.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
We need quality in midfield more than anything, but yeah. A midfield of him, Partey and Özil has everything and is elite in every aspect. Under Arteta Pogba would not do well though of course.
Pogba won't do well until he proves he be a high end talent consistently, doesn't matter the coach.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Oh man that midfield would get eaten alive especially with Pogba and Ozil in their current situation/form.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I know Partey does a lot of work, but he can’t do the work for two passengers in the midfield. Pogba can do a job, but whether he wants to is and has always been the issue.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Oh man that midfield would get eaten alive especially with Pogba and Ozil in their current situation/form.

Possibly but it could also have the potential to be maybe the best in the world if everything goes right. Arsenal would at least motivate Pogba more than United since he supports them.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Possibly but it could also have the potential to be maybe the best in the world if everything goes right. Arsenal would at least motivate Pogba more than United since he supports them.
Ozil is washed up. Pogba has no motivation at the team that gave him the chance as a youth player. Partey can’t do everything himself.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Ozil is washed up. Pogba has no motivation at the team that gave him the chance as a youth player. Partey can’t do everything himself.
Yeah if Pogba can't get motivated for the club that gave him his chance at being an elite footballer I'm not sure what will. I mean the only place he performs consistently is in the NT, but that spread out a bunch and he can get away with being a complementary player there.

Reactions: Gecklund

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

If Özil and Partey are motivated they are still top 5 midfielders in the world. Özil was world class the last season he got regular playing time and passes through the middle ( before two stupid coaches decided to misuse him), argubly better than KDB in 2017/2018. When Pogba is motivated, everyone knows how extremely good he can be.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If Özil and Partey are motivated they are still top 5 midfielders in the world. Özil was world class the last season he got regular playing time and passes through the middle ( before two stupid coaches decided to misuse him), argubly better than KDB in 2017/2018. When Pogba is motivated, everyone knows how extremely good he can be.
Partey is no where near a top 5 midfielder. Ozil had 1 goal and 1 assist last season so no he wasn’t anywhere near KDB. Yes stats aren’t everything but when there’s that big of a difference they matter especially as a 10. As one of Pogba’s biggest supporters, Arsenal does not have anywhere close to the team to get the best out of him. Pogba is a complimentary player at this point and he would be relied on way too much and would soon lose whatever hypothetical motivation he gained playing for a team that hasn’t finished higher in the standings than United any of the years since Pogba has come back (don’t think).

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Partey is no where near a top 5 midfielder. Ozil had 1 goal and 1 assist last season so no he wasn’t anywhere near KDB. Yes stats aren’t everything but when there’s that big of a difference they matter especially as a 10. As one of Pogba’s biggest supporters, Arsenal does not have anywhere close to the team to get the best out of him. Pogba is a complimentary player at this point and he would be relied on way too much and would soon lose whatever hypothetical motivation he gained playing for a team that hasn’t finished higher in the standings than United any of the years since Pogba has come back (don’t think).

Key word in regards to Özil being " passes through the middle". In 2017/18, the last season he got regular playing time in a functional system and passes through the middle his assist, xA, key pass and chance creation numbers put him among the very elite in the world. Pogba is never a complimentary player for France, he is a leader and star on the team, as he has been everywhere but at United.

Arsenal finished above United twice since Pogba came back, United finished above Arsenal twice. So you are very wrong on that.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Key word in regards to Özil being " passes through the middle". In 2017/18, the last season he got regular playing time in a functional system and passes through the middle his assist, xA, key pass and chance creation numbers put him among the very elite in the world. Pogba is never a complimentary player for France, he is a leader and star on the team, as he has been everywhere but at United.

Arsenal finished above United twice since Pogba came back, United finished above Arsenal twice. So you are very wrong on that.
My bad about the last part. Didnt actually look at it. Still you can say Luke Shaw had a better season than KDB if you pick one stat and that’s it. Also you’re wrong about Pogba being a leader for France.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
My bad about the last part. Didnt actually look at it. Still you can say Luke Shaw had a better season than KDB if you pick one stat and that’s it. Also you’re wrong about Pogba being a leader for France.
Pogba is a leader in the room, but I'm not sure he's the leader on the field. He's insulated so much there.

cujo1117

Mar 30, 2018
Just before the Leipzig clash and the Manchester derby. Really hope Manu gets rid of Raiola and Pogba. At this point I will be happy with a 60-65m offer

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Can’t wait to be rid of these two. Sell him to China. Or Saudi Arabia. Get a huge check and not have to compete ever. Put a shift in for the French NT a few times a year and just cruise the rest.

Rather contradictory with Pogba's post-game interview: Pogba exclusive: I'm a team player

How are you feeling after 90 minutes? You’ve had injuries, you’ve had illness, how do you feel after that?
“So good. Obviously it feels good to play. The lads have been playing really well as well. I had an injury, a long-term injury, I came back, it was strange for me. I wasn’t ready physically I would say. I felt weakness physically. You know, just to play the 90 minutes and carrying on with the games… It’s such a difference. I’m finding my rhythm as well. I feel so much better today, I felt I could go again, control the game, getting the ball. That’s what I like, myself. That’s what I think is good for the team. I’m a team player. As long as the team wins, that’s the most important, you know. I find myself good and we want to win. That’s why I came here and that’s why I want to be successful.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad