Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yup, just like Antoine Dupont is France's leader as well, now only if he didn't punt the ball out to early Evlio... :sarcasm:
Rugby is not my cup of tea sorry. I'm not even sure what you're refering to.

Anyway, Pogba is the true leader of that french team. He sometimes has very average performances for the NT (see Finland IIRC), but sometimes, he's absolutely amazing. And as I said, with Rabiot and Kante together, they really look like the perfect midfield, arguably the best on the planet. They understand each other so well and compliment each other as well.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
But they're losing Mbappe and that sets them further back in Europe than bringing in Pogba.
Mbappe is currently discussing extension with PSG. His father said last sunday it's looking good.
PSG won't bring Pogba because they'll try to sign Messi.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Quite possible. And as I said in the past, Mbappe isn't going to leave without PSG getting a record amount of money. For various reasons.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I guess Mbappe is more convinced by PSG if they can get Messi next year and more importantly by the fact that big clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona are having some financial trouble on their own with the Covid crisis and cannot get the required amounts

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Real and Barca are a mess.
If PSG really does get Messi, there won't be more attractive options out there.
But then again, they're talking, it's far from done.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Real and Barca are a mess.
If PSG really does get Messi, there won't be more attractive options out there.
But then again, they're talking, it's far from done.
He's not coming to barca. The smart money is on Madrid at some point. At this point Messi is 60/40 on moving. Still think its City before anyone else.. if he moves.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
HIm and Dybala were lethal... depending on price I think it would be good no? I hear Juve are broke like barca though.

They were and I loved Pogba during his time here. I was really upset when he left. The first two years I would have taken him back with open arms. He hasn't shown anything since he left to warrant a huge transfer fee and wages. There are other younger and cheaper players out there who desire to want to play.

And yes, Juve at this moment seem to be broke.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I’d say City or if Pep gets fired/leaves wherever Pep goes to has a good shot.

You mean Barca :P I doubt he goes anywhere. He just signed an extension.

They were and I loved Pogba during his time here. I was really upset when he left. The first two years I would have taken him back with open arms. He hasn't shown anything since he left to warrant a huge transfer fee and wages. There are other younger and cheaper players out there who desire to want to play.

And yes, Juve at this moment seem to be broke.

But all things considered he wont be as expensive as you sold him?

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Would Pogba start for any of these big teams? He doesn't start for Man United. He needs to be used in a position that most teams already have occupied because he refuses to do defensive work. Players like Fred/McTominay/Matic see the field over him. Why does anyone think he'd start at Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern, PSG?

Maybe he can start at a club like Arsenal. Probably not for a Champions League team that can afford his wages.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Would Pogba start for any of these big teams? He doesn't start for Man United. He needs to be used in a position that most teams already have occupied because he refuses to do defensive work. Players like Fred/McTominay/Matic see the field over him. Why does anyone think he'd start at Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern, PSG?

Maybe he can start at a club like Arsenal. Probably not for a Champions League team that can afford his wages.

:facepalm: Yes he does. Just last Saturday.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

He starts for any team.

Reactions: S E P H

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I mean, Raiola is a snake, but... I also don't quite blame him either. His guy isn't playing. He was basically only played midweek because Ole was resting guys. McTominay and Fred might start over him. Raiola is paid to get the most money possible, and if he's not stirring it up, he isn't doing what he is paid for.

It's in Pogba's best interest to either get playing time, so he can improve his value, and then move, or United to cut bait and move him now in winter.

Pogba injured his ankle in France's last international. It swolled up in training so he was rested a couple of games.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He hasn't been fit. They're not taking any chances with his ankle since he's had issues with it before.
That’s not true at all. He was fit to end the year, got Covid, which effected him a little, but kept playing like dog shit so he got benched.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That’s not true at all. He was fit to end the year, got Covid, which effected him a little, but kept playing like dog shit so he got benched.

Based on Ole's and Pogba's comments, it affected him a lot. He's not the only athlete that's happened to. One of Sweden's top crosscountry skiers was feeling the effects long, might still be. One of the Finnish KHL players said in an interview after visiting Helsinki and a game against Jokerit, that he still feels that everything is "off", despite recovering from it.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Based on Ole's and Pogba's comments, it affected him a lot. He's not the only athlete that's happened to. One of Sweden's top crosscountry skiers was feeling the effects long, might still be. One of the Finnish KHL players said in an interview after visiting Helsinki and a game against Jokerit, that he still feels that everything is "off", despite recovering from it.
I’m not saying it hasn’t but it’s not a good excuse with all the extracurricular stuff going on currently.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Rugby is not my cup of tea sorry. I'm not even sure what you're refering to.

Anyway, Pogba is the true leader of that french team. He sometimes has very average performances for the NT (see Finland IIRC), but sometimes, he's absolutely amazing. And as I said, with Rabiot and Kante together, they really look like the perfect midfield, arguably the best on the planet. They understand each other so well and compliment each other as well.
Ahhhhhhh okay, I saw you in the rugby thread one time so I thought you followed. Dupont (who is probably France's best and upcoming player), cost them a bonus point in their win against England by kicking the ball out prematurely before the 80th minute in the Six Nations before Covid hit. They would've won the tourney if he didn't do that.

Mbappe is currently discussing extension with PSG. His father said last sunday it's looking good.
PSG won't bring Pogba because they'll try to sign Messi.
Well if they're trying to sign Messi, it's because Mbappe probably moves to Real. You won't have a trio rotation of Messi, Mbappe, and Greek god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad