OT - NO POLITICS Winter is coming.........

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Are some that are working from home getting axed because they don’t want to work in the office I wonder.
I have heard exactly that. In the end,he owns the company, and can do whatever he wants,implement his own culture,surround himself with like minded people. Sounds like what happens at every company when ownership changes hands.

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Oh I’m saying i have the opposite problem. They got a ton of the good stuff but they don’t like it! Not sure they are even human children at this point. They willingly handed over all the good candy to me, so i end up having a few pieces with every meal now.

They kept the sour patch kids, smarties, skittles, all the super sweet stuff. They left all the peanut butter/chocolate/caramel to me

They also have a few fruit roll ups? Not sure I’ve ever seen fruit roll ups handed out on Halloween. But they are happy about it

What.is.wrong.with.your.children???? ::eek3:

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I think I just scored a free hair color at my salon. Hopefully I'll know more later on
Everyday in my email I win a free golf cart from Lowes....and my McAfee expires everyday (even tho I don't use it)....they are so nice they always say it's my final reminder but it never is...
I also am pre approved for a small business loan......every day
I win a gift card from Rite Aid, Walmart, Sams Club every day....

I must be the luckiest person ever....except for that damn lottery thing....and PCH still hasn't shown up despite me only getting offers that 10% of people get...

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Everyday in my email I win a free golf cart from Lowes....and my McAfee expires everyday (even tho I don't use it)....they are so nice they always say it's my final reminder but it never is...

I must be the luckiest person ever....except for that damn lottery thing....and PCH still hasn't shown up despite me only getting offers that 10% of people get...
Well played.

The email is legit. I've been going to the salon since the day my mom came home from the hospital with me. I don't have a lot of gray hair so I may not get picked. All of mine is in the front and can be somewhat disguised. They may need someone who has much more than me.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
same here.
my daughter got crap like sour patch kids and whoppers. yuck.
i need my pumpkin peanut butter cups
I had a kid ask if he could give skittles back.....AND no one wanted Snickers or Milky Way.
I weep, gently. (and I kept full sized Snickers for myself.) and Whoppers suck

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

• Haha
Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I had a kid ask if he could give skittles back.....AND no one wanted Snickers or Milky Way.
Have you ever had freeze-dried Skittles?

Yummmmm

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Made a skillet full of Mexican quinoa. Plenty left over for tomorrow which will be great on what is going to be a wet, chilly day

Reactions: BMC

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
If someone ever gave me Good-N-PLenty I would bury that crap in the yard and not even allow it in my trick or treat bag to eliminate any chance of it contaminating the good stuff

When I was a kid....way way back in the 70s, we had a neighbor who made popcorn balls to give out....My grandmother was one of the most popular stops in town as she made candy apples every year for the kids...

Reactions: Kovi

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If someone ever gave me Good-N-PLenty I would bury that crap in the yard and not even allow it in my trick or treat bag to eliminate any chance of it contaminating the good stuff

When I was a kid....way way back in the 70s, we had a neighbor who made popcorn balls to give out....My grandmother was one of the most popular stops in town as she made candy apples every year for the kids...
The lady across the street (Mrs. Graham) made popcorn balls. My Mom made donut holes dunked in sugar and cinnamon. They were yummy. The farmhouse down the road had cookies and warm cider.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
20221104_195655.jpg

Terrible tornado outbreak in Texas/Arkansas tonight

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
View attachment 603484

Terrible tornado outbreak in Texas/Arkansas tonight
Just awful. The video from Texas is heartbreaking. Nocturnal tornadoes are terrifying.

Idabel, OK got rocked by the light purple storm. I really hope everyone took the warnings over the last week seriously.

Parents in the OKC Metro were pulling kids from school today because these storms went through this morning. Lots of PTSD there.

Going north of you?

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I have heard exactly that. In the end,he owns the company, and can do whatever he wants,implement his own culture,surround himself with like minded people. Sounds like what happens at every company when ownership changes hands.

* Fin *

Reactions: BNHL

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Just awful. The video from Texas is heartbreaking. Nocturnal tornadoes are terrifying.

Idabel, OK got rocked by the light purple storm. I really hope everyone took the warnings over the last week seriously.

Parents in the OKC Metro were pulling kids from school today because these storms went through this morning. Lots of PTSD there.

Going north of you?
It's supposed to rain here most of the day tomorrow, nothing severe expected though

Reactions: Alicat

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
The lady across the street (Mrs. Graham) made popcorn balls. My Mom made donut holes dunked in sugar and cinnamon. They were yummy. The farmhouse down the road had cookies and warm cider.

Yes, my gramma made popcorn balls, too. For us, that is. And the best roasted/toasted pumpkin seeds in the oven, properly salted. I like my salt.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Been taking care of my dad since he got home from his full knee replacement surgery. It's been...a lot. My dad is getting stir crazy not being able to do much. I'm praying this recovery goes by fast. It's sucks seeing your parent not being able to do the things he loves for awhile.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
100% agree. I’d add Mounds bars to that list as well. There’s a special place in hell reserved for people who deliberately hand out Good n Plenty’s and Mounds bars at Halloween.

Reactions: shelbysdad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad