OT - NO POLITICS Winter is coming.........

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I am voting in person on Tuesday. In 2020 I mailed it in.

Me too. I know it can be easier to mail in or vote early but I love the tradition of going to your local polling place and casting your vote on election day. Luckily we've been fortunate and the lines have been quite manageable.

However people want to cast their ballot is fine by me and I think it's great there are different options to make it more accessible.

And that's all I'll say here about voting - no mater your vote, use your vote!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
My town is the same. Not sure about these other states, but I can't understand why they allow anyone to sit around or near a site for dropping off ballots, under the guise of ensuring anything. They're not elected officials, and they shouldn't be anywhere near the drop boxes, let alone wearing tactical gear and brandishing guns of any sort. That just seems to be way over the top to allow, IMO. No politics around it either, just common sense. People aren't going to go to a location like that because of the implied threat of violence. It's insanity.
I had a creep outside of my drop box site on Monday who asked if my ballot wasn't stuck in the chute. I told him I heard it hit the bottom of the box and he still went on and on when I walked away. Gave me total late 80's - early 90's kidnapper vibes from those stranger danger movies they'd show us every year.

I got no use for shit like that. I should have told him to get a better hobby than stalking a ballot box in a Boston neighborhood.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I had a creep outside of my drop box site on Monday who asked if my ballot wasn't stuck in the chute. I told him I heard it hit the bottom of the box and he still went on and on when I walked away. Gave me total late 80's - early 90's kidnapper vibes from those stranger danger movies they'd show us every year.

I got no use for shit like that. I should have told him to get a better hobby than stalking a ballot box in a Boston neighborhood.
That’s just creepy

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
My town is the same. Not sure about these other states, but I can't understand why they allow anyone to sit around or near a site for dropping off ballots, under the guise of ensuring anything. They're not elected officials, and they shouldn't be anywhere near the drop boxes, let alone wearing tactical gear and brandishing guns of any sort. That just seems to be way over the top to allow, IMO. No politics around it either, just common sense. People aren't going to go to a location like that because of the implied threat of violence. It's insanity.
My 16 year-old daughter worked our last election here. Important for kids to develop that civic duty and community involvement and have that next generation. Don't know how I'd deal with it if there was a camo clad idiot with an ar15 sitting around her. I'd probably allow her to do it, grab a 6 pack, bring a lawn chair myself and hangout in between.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

A least he didn't have guns like in some states.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Me too. I know it can be easier to mail in or vote early but I love the tradition of going to your local polling place and casting your vote on election day. Luckily we've been fortunate and the lines have been quite manageable.

However people want to cast their ballot is fine by me and I think it's great there are different options to make it more accessible.

And that's all I'll say here about voting - no mater your vote, use your vote!
we live in the country outside of town,,,,even at the busiest times there are maybe 20 people in line in our district

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
As soon as I turned 60 I signed up for mail-in voting. Send in ballot request, fill out ballot request, drop it off at town hall...receive ballot, fill out ballot, return ballot town clerk. If you want someone else to turn in your ballot you sign the return envelope.

If someone was to approach me at a drop off site, I wouldn't be responsible for my vocabulary. My hockey words as I call them.

I am so sick of the political ads....and that's all I have to say about that.....

My friends are taking a short anniversary trip...I am puppy sitting a couple of sad puppies....Annie is outside on the deck being sad....Taz is in his cubbyhole under my friend's desk....today is Taz's 4th gotcha day ...he is a sweet little man.....

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Hope you’re not too hobbled Bets!

How did you do that ?I am terrified to slip on ice here with my bad leg .

I can walk but awkwardly.

I was stepping onto the crosswalk at the walking track to go home. I didn't trip or stumble on anything, I just felt a crunching sensation on the bottom of my foot, like I did when I sprained my ankle.

Doctor thinks it is a sprain but sent me for x-rays to make sure there is no fracture. Ice, ibubrophen, and I get to wear my walking sneakers until further notice.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

I was stepping onto the crosswalk at the walking track to go home. I didn't trip or stumble on anything, I just felt a crunching sensation on the bottom of my foot, like I did when I sprained my ankle.

Doctor thinks it is a sprain but sent me for x-rays to make sure there is no fracture. Ice, ibubrophen, and I get to wear my walking sneakers until further notice.
did u get your breaker fixed

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Twitter is about to learn a very expensive lesson when they fire a large chunk of their workforce today.

Lawsuits have already been filed for violating employees rights under the WARN act (layoffs require 60 day notice). It could cost him up to $30 mil per day in that he's in violation in CA alone.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Been a week since we got this dog. Shes acclimating nicely. Has bonded with me faster than the previous 2. Just need to fatten her up a bit and train her some.

Attachments

• EE835B21-D871-48E3-A104-7F4DCB548E91.jpeg
    EE835B21-D871-48E3-A104-7F4DCB548E91.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 3
  • F6FA3CC5-111C-47F5-B9E9-5DF2393FB203.jpeg
    F6FA3CC5-111C-47F5-B9E9-5DF2393FB203.jpeg
    320.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 2176F367-C4A7-45AD-8065-5DA1B72A1E20.jpeg
    2176F367-C4A7-45AD-8065-5DA1B72A1E20.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 3

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Twitter is about to learn a very expensive lesson when they fire a large chunk of their workforce today.

Lawsuits have already been filed for violating employees rights under the WARN act (layoffs require 60 day notice). It could cost him up to $30 mil per day in that he's in violation in CA alone.

I'm sure they were well aware of labor laws

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007

Oh gosh! So sorry. Let me know if you need anything.

In MA you can google "Track my Ballot in MA" and it takes you to a website where you put in your name and address and it'll tell you if your ballot was accepted. I don't know if other states do it, but it's good to double check if you mail in or use a drop box.
AZ has a text system where they tell you after they receive it and then count it. I think you can also do the website thing.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
This Halloween candy is a problem. My kids aren’t huge on the hits. Snickers, Milky Way, Reeces…wtf

• Wow
Reactions: Kovi

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

I’m sure they will be getting severance packages would they not.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
same here.
my daughter got crap like sour patch kids and whoppers. yuck.
i need my pumpkin peanut butter cups
Oh I’m saying i have the opposite problem. They got a ton of the good stuff but they don’t like it! Not sure they are even human children at this point. They willingly handed over all the good candy to me, so i end up having a few pieces with every meal now.

They kept the sour patch kids, smarties, skittles, all the super sweet stuff. They left all the peanut butter/chocolate/caramel to me

They also have a few fruit roll ups? Not sure I’ve ever seen fruit roll ups handed out on Halloween. But they are happy about it

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad