Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects 2017-18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I think a goalie scoring is a whole different thing. If a position player did the same celebration as Berdin did going up 7-4 no one looks favorably on it. But with a goalie it is a once in a lifetime event, and pretty damn funny to see the fist pumps along the bench.

Still think the strut at the end was excessive. Not a fan of showboating. Like the Stamps' bobsled celebration. :thumbd:

giphy.gif

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Yet Yakupov got vilified for this...

giphy.gif

Different rules for different fools, I guess.

Got vilified by bitter old dudes who don't like anything fun in their league. As others have mentioned, a goalie scoring a goal is a far more rare feat than a forward scoring a goal. I will forgive him this transgression of enjoying scoring a goal when he wasn't expected to.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The difference between the Jets' prospect pipeline now and when they arrived from Atlanta is almost laughable, and they already have some great young talent that arrived in the NHL over the past few years.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The difference between the Jets' prospect pipeline now and when they arrived from Atlanta is almost laughable, and they already have some great young talent that arrived in the NHL over the past few years.

Oh man it's night and day. The roster, the depth, the prospect pool.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Eric O'Dell was our one great hope

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Chevy interview about prospects Hockey Prospect Radio: October 14, 2017 the Chevy segment starts at around the 49 minute mark. They talk about Vesalainen, Stanley, Roslovic, Harkins and one or two more. Chevy basically says what you would expect him to but worth a listen if you have 20 mins.

Reactions: ps241

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta

He was one of several prospects that never panned out. In 2011, this is our top 10 prospects, as voted upon by the members of hfboards:

1. Mark Scheifele, C (Jets)* made Jets roster in 2013-14
2. Carl Klingberg, LW (Sweden)* playing in Sweden as of 2017
3. Patrice Cormier, C (AHL)*released after 2016-17
4. Paul Postma, D (Boston)*signed with Boston as UFA 2017
5. Jason Gregoire, LW (retired)*retired from hockey after 2014-15
6. Ivan Telegin, C (KHL)*returned to Russia after refusing to report to Ice Caps 2013-14
7. Eric O'Dell, C (KHL)*signed with Ottawa, after 2014-15
8. Ben Maxwell, C (KHL)*signed with the KHL in 2014-15
9. Spencer Machacek, RW (Germany)*traded to Columbus in 2012-13
10. Arturs Kulda, D (KHL)*signed with the KHL after 2011-12

Mark Scheifele should not really count, since he was drafted by the Jets organization. Only Paul Postma would make it to the NHL for more than a cup of coffee.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
He was one of several prospects that never panned out. In 2011, this is our top 10 prospects, as voted upon by the members of hfboards:

6. Ivan Telegin, C (KHL)*returned to Russia after refusing to report to Ice Caps 2013-14

Mark Scheifele should not really count, since he was drafted by the Jets organization. Only Paul Postma would make it to the NHL for more than a cup of coffee.
Trashers were such a mess. I would really like to see how hockey would do in Atlanta if the team was actually well managed

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Trashers were such a mess. I would really like to see how hockey would do in Atlanta if the team was actually well managed

I am pretty sure it would do just fine if handled by good ownership. ASG just literally gave a f*** about them. Problem is the same as in many US-cities when speaking NHL hockey: If they're going to suck, it's gonna get tough. If they're going to suck for more than a couple of years, things will be on the line quickly. If the team is well handled and can show at least short-term success (think project milestones), attendance would be fine.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I am pretty sure it would do just fine if handled by good ownership. ASG just literally gave a **** about them. Problem is the same as in many US-cities when speaking NHL hockey: If they're going to suck, it's gonna get tough. If they're going to suck for more than a couple of years, things will be on the line quickly. If the team is well handled and can show at least short-term success (think project milestones), attendance would be fine.
Can't be any worse attendance than what Panthers have. I honestly feel so bad for guys like Barkov and Ekblad. Superstar players, but they have to play for empty seats day in, day out.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Can't be any worse attendance than what Panthers have. I honestly feel so bad for guys like Barkov and Ekblad. Superstar players, but they have to play for empty seats day in, day out.

They're making $72K and $92K respectively per game to play there - I don't feel that bad for them. I give the Panthers management props for not discounting tickets, and attempting to properly grow the attendance there, quite honestly.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
They're making $72K and $92K respectively per game to play there - I don't feel that bad for them. I give the Panthers management props for not discounting tickets, and attempting to properly grow the attendance there, quite honestly.
They'd get the same money if they played in Atlanta, Quabec or where ever, so I can't imagine it makes playing there that much better. What does make me feel less bad for them is the Florida weather and beaches.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

They truly had a horrific prospect pool. And considering Scheifele was drafted by the Jets 2.0 it was really really bad.

Jetshockey

Nov 13, 2017
They'd get the same money if they played in Atlanta, Quabec or where ever, so I can't imagine it makes playing there that much better. What does make me feel less bad for them is the Florida weather and beaches.

Florida doesn't have state taxes. So there actually making more.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

Cormier, Machacek, O'Dell, Klingberg, Melchiori, Kulda, Telegin, Postma, Redmond...

Those were the best players in the depth pool - a string of borderline 3rd pairs and bottom 6 feeders. Light and day from then to now. They've done a good job filling the depth.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Cormier, Machacek, O'Dell, Klingberg, Melchiori, Kulda, Telegin, Postma, Redmond...

Those were the best players in the depth pool - a string of borderline 3rd pairs and bottom 6 feeders. Light and day from then to now. They've done a good job filling the depth.

Yeah I know there were others but very few players had any real "hope" Cormier perhaps but being new to following the team then and not on HF at the time he seemed like an NHL'er already out of TC. But so did Scheifele.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad