Confirmed with Link: Wings sign David Perron (2 years, $4.75m AAV)

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
This shows you how perceptions change when you have a Calder trophy winner and a runner up as well as blue chip prospects. Guys look at this team as rising.
I knew as soon as we traded for Husso & Copp was heavily favored/rumored to come here that the flood gates would open. Perfect for our "transitional" phase to the young guns.

Once again UFA's are open & receptive to DET. Lalonde being another huge factor.
+ knowing they're not playing for a lame duck coach Blash (best of luck Blender).

term on all these UFA's is good/VG/perfect, except Chiarot, analytics showed he was crap defensively etc. in MTL & FLA, but big/tough/mean/PK/vet TOI/ #4/#5D checks some boxes. 1-2yrs would've been better. overpay by $500k-$1m+.

Last edited:

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
What a great signing this is.

Very complete player and he plays all 200 feet of the ice.
High hockey IQ and a feisty competitor.

On top of that… Perron will improve the power play and the team culture.

This is my favorite signing today.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1657751102222.png

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Perron is a stud and we love him here in St. Louis. Great shot, protects the puck well, and is feisty. Not amazing defensively, but not a total liability either. He loves setting up from the Ovi spot on the PP, but doesn’t always use the one-timer. His wrister is good enough to beat a goalie from there. The only knock on him is the bad penalties. He’s good for an offensive zone minor every other game it seems, but that just stems from his competitiveness. He wants to win so badly that sometimes his brain shuts off. Enjoy him! He’s a great personality and player and will score at least a couple nasty goals per year. One of my favorite Blues ever.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
What a great signing, arguably the best deal by any team today. This is one of those few UFA deals that has no risk or downside, if the wheels fall off by the deadline (which I doubt), the Wings can retain half of his contract for a fat return from a contender that would get two Playoff runs out of him. Love it.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Corey Sznajder states " A good chunk of his 5v5 production came on the power play this past year." How is that is possible?

Haha. Mediocre guy on the 5 vs 5, but was involved on that STL history best PP.

They were 30,8% on the PP, and Perron was involved it on the Ovechkin position.

He really is the guy to make that work.

Määttä, Copp, Chiarot to bolster the PK.

Kubalik, depth 5 vs 5 scorer.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Haha. Mediocre guy on the 5 vs 5, but was involved on that STL history best PP.

They were 30,8% on the PP, and Perron was involved it on the Ovechkin position.

He really is the guy to make that work.

Määttä, Copp, Chiarot to bolster the PK.

Kubalik, depth 5 vs 5 scorer.
Krug has been on one of the best PPs for a long time, he is really the bigger reason.

Over the years Perron has been a plus PP guy though to be sure. I think he helps us a lot there and despite some stupid penalties he certainly competes and battles on the boards. He has a touch of dirty to him, but he is a guy I am pretty sure most of us are going to enjoy watching play. Looking forward to this, I don't think he solves our PP, but we just have a lot more depth after today which is important. Perron and Copp can play in the top 6, they slot guys in better roles. Pleased with this addition.

Reactions: Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Krug has been on one of the best PPs for a long time, he is really the bigger reason.

Over the years Perron has been a plus PP guy though to be sure. I think he helps us a lot there and despite some stupid penalties he certainly competes and battles on the boards. He has a touch of dirty to him, but he is a guy I am pretty sure most of us are going to enjoy watching play. Looking forward to this, I don't think he solves our PP, but we just have a lot more depth after today which is important. Perron and Copp can play in the top 6, they slot guys in better roles. Pleased with this addition.
nice to add another good wrister to our arsenal.

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
only signing I like on an otherwise kinda disappointing day to be honest... wanted to use this

1657767507298.png

Perron looked real good against the Avs this playoffs and just for that I like him

Reactions: Henkka

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Why is Perron a POS?
I love perron but hes a dirty player. Not head shots, but hes constantly doing minor penaltiesnthat he gets away with and trying to get sneaky roughness in on other team. He also gets caught and penalized a lot too

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The more I have thought about this, the more I like this signing.

I think Perron is going to get healthy PP minutes, given we don't have a lot of RH forwards. Will be really nice having Raymond and Perron on the top units.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Blues fan coming in peace. You guys got a steal here. He’s 34 but aging like fine wine. Produces at a 1st line rate, is competitive and usually a fun interview.

Most Blues fans are absolutely pissed at losing him, especially for that term and AAV. A cap casualty for the Blues benefits you guys.

Perron, Husso, Sunny, Walman, Fabbri…I guess I’m a closet Wings fan now? :dunno:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Blues fan coming in peace. You guys got a steal here. He’s 34 but aging like fine wine. Produces at a 1st line rate, is competitive and usually a fun interview.

Most Blues fans are absolutely pissed at losing him, especially for that term and AAV. A cap casualty for the Blues benefits you guys.

Perron, Husso, Sunny, Walman, Fabbri…I guess I’m a closet Wings fan now? :dunno:
@STL fan in IA

This is Yzerman slowly & incrementally evening the Adam Oates trade fiasco 35yrs ago ....still a Long, Long way to go, but thanks for the well wishes & best of luck in the WC.
Beat those Avs!

I think Robert Thomas for a paltry return in 3-4yrs ought to bridge the gap some. :naughty:

Reactions: waltdetroit

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
@STL fan in IA

This is Yzerman slowly & incrementally evening the Adam Oates trade fiasco 35yrs ago ....still a Long, Long way to go, but thanks for the well wishes & best of luck in the WC.
Beat those Avs!

I think Robert Thomas for a paltry return in 3-4yrs ought to bridge the gap some. :naughty:
Hey, that was one Hall of Famer for another so pretty even trade, yes?

As for Yzerman, after the Game 7 double OT goal in 1996, please tell that bad man to please just leave us alone! He’s done enough already.

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013

Isn't O'Reilly's contract ending this season? We'll give up Zadina for him, trust me he's, uhhhhhh, good.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Hey, that was one Hall of Famer for another so pretty even trade, yes?

As for Yzerman, after the Game 7 double OT goal in 1996, please tell that bad man to please just leave us alone! He’s done enough already.
1yr. of Federko & he retired. Vs. ...

After 3 very productive years, then St. Louis traded Oates for C.Janney & S.Quintal.

not a bad haul for 1yr. of old Bernie.

But wait, there's more to this trade tree...

Janney:
& on & on

Nedved

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Why is Perron a POS?
His antics against Colorado in the playoffs weren't exactly endearing.

iu

That said, if Kadri can go from "dickhead cheapshot artist in the playoffs" to "darling of a Stanley Cup champion" then Perron can have his "redemption", too.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
His antics against Colorado in the playoffs weren't exactly endearing.

iu

That said, if Kadri can go from "dickhead cheapshot artist in the playoffs" to "darling of a Stanley Cup champion" then Perron can have his "redemption", too.

OK, I didn't see this play. Kadri is still a POS no matter receiving this hit or winning the Cup though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad