Confirmed with Link: Wings sign David Perron (2 years, $4.75m AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
At some point the team has to cross the threshold and become a playoff team and get the younger players some experience in the post-season. I don't think it means that the rebuild is necessarily over though.
Yeah when you've your franchise Dman in Mo Seider, Already saying that he's getting sick and tired of losing. You need to do something. And Stevie is definitely trying to make this team better.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
At some point the team has to cross the threshold and become a playoff team and get the younger players some experience in the post-season. I don't think it means that the rebuild is necessarily over though.
The rebuild is over. That doesn't mean Yzerman isn't going to continue to strengthen the team, it just means there is no more tearing down or contending for being the worst team in the league. With that being said I do think Yzerman has a few more trades up his sleeve to clean up the mess Ken Holland left for him.

I like signing Perron a lot, totally unexpected move. Trust the Yzerplan.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I would have preferred this but hey, them's the breaks.

I get why though. Perron coming in for less term gives Yzerman flexibility when our young guns need more money.

Hopefully this gets Zadina and Fabbri off the team. They are a disgrace to the Winged Wheel.

Fixed your post homie.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Now imagine the big boys Ed and Elmer (and Bergy) all show up to camp looking great and make the team too.....

Next season's team could be HUGE while still having plenty of speed and skill. It will look completely different and much much harder to play against.

I'm excited.

LGRW

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Perron played most of last year next to OReilly and Saad.

Incoming Bertuzzi trade!!!

Perron - Larkin - Raymond
Palat - Copp - Vrana?
:sarcasm:

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Not someone I expected at all... We have a lot of young talent coming up, lots of assets in young players and picks... Players can start to see a vision finally and a return to competitiveness.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
F this guy, haha (For how well he always seemed to play against the Wings). Hope he produces the same for the Wings though.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I would have preferred this but hey, them's the breaks.

I get why though. Perron coming in for less term gives Yzerman flexibility when our young guns need more money.

Fixed your post homie.

Me too. A lot better than Perron but the term is better. Oh well.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
My first thought was this woulda been cool in 2009…

But he’s been a lot better than I thought the last few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad