Confirmed with Link: Wings sign David Perron (2 years, $4.75m AAV)

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
The Blues don't want Detroit's leftovers. That didn't work too well for them with Osgood/Legace. Meanwhile, the Red Wings have done wonders with former Blues players over the years.

It'll still be a long time before we make up for that Adam Oates trade.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It'll still be a long time before we make up for that Adam Oates trade.

To Detroit
- G Ville Husso
- D Jake Walman
- F Robby Fabbri
- F David Perron
- F Oscar Sundqvist
- F Bernie Federko
- F Tony McKegney

To St. Louis
- G Thomas Greiss
- D Nick Leddy
- F Jacob de la Rose
- F Adam Oates
- F Paul MacLean (we signed him back to coach for the 2008 Cup!)

Yzerman is hosing it back... bit-by-bit.

Henkovic

Feb 22, 2016
Eskilstuna
Just listened through this interview with Perron. The fact that the Red Wings org sent flowers to his wife when he signed the contract is pure class! (19:30 into the interview)

Really good interview tbh!

Edit: Just realized it's the same interview as the one previously posted. Sry about that. Still a good interview though :)

Reactions: Realgud

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
He sounds very motivated to play in Detroit, in the sense that he feels he should have been re-signed in St Louis and is kind of bitter about it (which I totally understand).
Reading through a lot of stuff that day, it seemed most fans weren't happy that he left the Blues, and many felt it was a great contract. Both are fairly high praise from a fan forum, i've been a bit more excited for him next season over Copp. I really haven't watched him a whole lot and Perron has been around for a while and i've watched the guy play a lot of hockey over the years, he can be a force and hopefully a kick in the Wings PP keister.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
He sounds very motivated to play in Detroit, in the sense that he feels he should have been re-signed in St Louis and is kind of bitter about it (which I totally understand).

We'll be hearing from a lot of St. Louis fans how happy they are for Perron when Larkin is handing him the Cup first in 2027.

Reactions: Mister Ed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad