Confirmed with Link: Wings out of the bidding for Lecavalier, according to Khan (post #743)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWingsNow*

Wings need to be careful about handing out too many more significant deals, particularly in the top 6 forwards, if they really want the rebuild on the fly youth movement to have any impact.

Nyquist, Tatar, Jarnkrok, and company will need minutes moving forward.

Agreed.
I'm comfy bringing back Brunner and signing Vinny.

I would like to dump Quincey in exchange for a true defensive defenseman.

Zetterberg Datsyuk Bertuzzi - potential for all kinds of goals
Franzen Lecavalier Tatar - potential for boatloads of goals
Nyquist Andersson Brunner -- Could have a big year because all the defense will be watching the top two lines.
Abdelkader-Helm-Miller
Eaves/Emmerton

Kronwall Ericsson
Kindl Dekeyser
Smith Scuderi
Colaiacovo

Buy out Quincey, Sammy. Let Flip, Cleary, White walk. Trade Tootoo

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
Agreed.I would like to dump Quincey in exchange for a true defensive defenseman.

Quincey only has 1 year remaining so until then he's a fine option to play bottom pairing minutes. Scuderi is gonna be very difficult to pry away from LA/PIT, especially since Letang is trying to hold PIT hostage

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
If Detroit can pull off a Lecavalier, Clowe or Iginla combo by ridding the team of Samuelsson, Emmerton and Cola that would be a home run summer. Or even a Vinny/Malone reunion in the D. I'm fine with letting Brunner walk, Cleary walk and replacing them with those two.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Agreed.

Nyquist Andersson Brunner -- Could have a big year because all the defense will be watching the top two lines.
Abdelkader-Helm-Miller
Eaves/Emmerton

Kronwall Ericsson
Kindl Dekeyser
Smith Scuderi
Colaiacovo

Like it. Don't think they would dump Quincey, but besides that (and some minor tweaks to the lines) that's pretty much who I think should be hitting the ice for the 2013/14 Red Wings.

At this point (and especially if we land Vinny), Sammy, Flip and Cleary should not be on the roster next season. Tootoo, Emmerton - whatever, as long as they aren't slotted in over Tatar.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
Based on what?

Obvious facts that us "groupthinkers" are too stupid/blind to see? Man do try to keep up!

:)

There is no way in H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks Detroit finishes 2nd last in the division. Not even if aliens kidnap Zetterberg and refuse to release him until March.

Edit: and before anyone calls me a slappy, this division has Florida, Tampa and Buffalo in it. Even if I though the Wings sucked and just got extremely lucky to even make the playoffs in 2013; there's no way I pick them to finish behind those 3 teams. "Don't be ridiculous." - Balki

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Based on what?

You guys can kill him for that, but our own GM would give that warning, "the league is so close now" or paraphrase something like that and it might as well be Holland talking right now.

I don't see them coming in any lower than 5th. Actually that is where I see Montreal finishing, but we have to see how the off-season plays out.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
You guys can kill him for that

No, I can't. I keep trying, but no matter how hard I concentrate at the screen and rub my temples with my fingers it doesn't seem to be working.

I don't see them coming in any lower than 5th. Actually that is where I see Montreal finishing, but we have to see how the off-season plays out.

I think it's pretty clear that *someone* who thinks their a legit playoff team after this season is going to be extremely disappointed; I just feel like it's Montreal or Ottawa (maybe both). Not us.

Regardless, I think it goes without saying that when we're predicting the future it's just an opinion. Unless any of you are psychic in which case why haven't you told us when Holland is gonna get the Vinny deal done?! :)

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Agreed.

Abdelkader-Helm-Miller
Eaves/Emmerton

Kronwall Ericsson
Kindl Dekeyser
Smith Scuderi
Colaiacovo

Would love to have Scuderi, But I seriously doubt that the Kings will let him walk.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
Completely hypothetical: What would he even wear for us? He's always been 4.

I think it's quite possible he wears #4 and Detroit's current #4 changes his number. Vinny is a star you do things like that for, especially if they have the paycheck to get it done! Fischer changed his number for Hatcher, and it's not like Kindl has that much more NHL experience.

I would definitely compare signing Lecavalier to signing Hossa, except I don't think Lecavalier feels quite like the "final piece" that Hossa felt like. If Detroit were somehow able to bring in both Lecavalier and another high end talent, forward or defense, it would be like getting those final pieces.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I think it's quite possible he wears #4 and Detroit's current #4 changes his number. Vinny is a star you do things like that for, especially if they have the paycheck to get it done! Fischer changed his number for Hatcher, and it's not like Kindl has that much more NHL experience.

I would definitely compare signing Lecavalier to signing Hossa, except I don't think Lecavalier feels quite like the "final piece" that Hossa felt like. If Detroit were somehow able to bring in both Lecavalier and another high end talent, forward or defense, it would be like getting those final pieces.

Indeed, Hossa had been previously number 18 with Ottawa, Atlanta, and Pittsburgh, and changed to 81 with us because of career Wing Maltby. We COULD have Kindl change his number, but in the instance where he doesn't, what would VL4 even wear?

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
Indeed, Hossa had been previously number 18 with Ottawa, Atlanta, and Pittsburgh, and changed to 81 with us because of career Wing Maltby. We COULD have Kindl change his number, but in the instance where he doesn't, what would VL4 even wear?

Whenever I traded for him on NHL XX I had him wear 91.

#Nerd

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
During a media call Thursday, Lecavalier mentioned the Detroit Red Wings as a team he liked growing up (along with the Montreal Canadiens). Well, the feeling is apparently mutual. A source Friday said that the Wings have interest in Lecavalier, although certainly not at any cost. It’s going to have to make sense both in salary and term. And the Wings know they won’t be alone in a courtship of Lecavalier.

Pending UFA Stephen Weiss is another potential option for the second-line center job in Detroit, but there will be lots of competition for his services as well.

The Wings are not approaching their buying season with any kind of desperation. They feel they’re in good shape. They’ve got youth coming up, their AHL team just won the Calder Cup, and they’re not going to go out of their way to overspend in free agency for the sake of it.

And if they can’t find a center in free agency or via trade, they can always put Henrik Zetterberg in the No. 2 slot, separating him from Pavel Datsyuk.

This is all pending the expectation that Valtteri Filppula is headed to market. The pending UFA forward is not close to a new deal with Detroit, and while the Wings and his agent were slated to speak again this weekend, odds of a new deal don’t seem great.

And that is why guys like Lecavalier and Weiss could be options in free agency.

Keep an eye on former Detroit assistant GM Jim Nill, by the way. I hear the new Dallas Stars GM also would like to add a veteran forward, and Lecavalier and Weiss are on his radar. He could be competing with his old pal Ken Holland for some of the same players.

The Stars have the long view of wanting to key on drafting and development, but in the short term they also want to shore up the roster with a few more veterans in order to contend for the playoffs next season

From LeBrun.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground

The Wings are not approaching their buying season with any kind of desperation. They feel they’re in good shape. They’ve got youth coming up, their AHL team just won the Calder Cup, and they’re not going to go out of their way to overspend in free agency for the sake of it.

And if they can’t find a center in free agency or via trade, they can always put Henrik Zetterberg in the No. 2 slot, separating him from Pavel Datsyuk.

aaaaaannd there goes my hopes of signing Vinny or Weiss. Cue the lowball offer and "the prices were just too high" speech.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
He says that every summer and every trade deadline. Are you serious? The joke is always, "we like our team" no matter what.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Maybe he should say that he hates his team and players and buy everybody out like Holmgren and trade great contracts like Richards and Carter as far as possible and finalize his greatness by trading his best goalie in system (Bobrovsky) out.

Then everybody would love how great and active Ken Holland was. He was a MAN. Not lady that likes his team.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Or maybe he can stop signing washed up garbage and let some of the "amazing prospects" (Ken Holland's words) play.

The guy is a walking contradiction.

Hawks just won their second cup in four years and they didnt do it because they brought in a bunch of overpaid veterans.

Play

The

Kids

Smith is a year behind
Tatar is a year behind
Nyquist is a year behind

All thanks to Kenny and his obsession with fossils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad