Confirmed with Link: Wings out of the bidding for Lecavalier, according to Khan (post #743)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If it's what it takes to land him, I'd think about 6.

I wouldn't blink at that especially if this term length is pretty true.

I honestly was thinking 5 for 30 million. I know people are worried, but we cannot save on everyone and Vinny is the kind of guy you spend money on. He provides so many answers and allows us a lot of different looks come playoff time.

He isn't a guy I want to haggle on price over with. He is still an extremely good player.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I think we should really make a sweet deal for him and offer 4yrs/20M and get all the also-rans out of the initial feeding frenzy.

Michael Brand Eggs

Knee Guard
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
The concern I have is that Detroit is going to have to give Lecavalier a reason not to sign in Montreal. The reason this is such a concern is because Holland tends to lowball free agents. If Lecavalier can get more money in Montreal AND play for his hometown team, then he's going to.

The Wings need to offer more. I think it's about as simple as that.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The concern I have is that Detroit is going to have to give Lecavalier a reason not to sign in Montreal. The reason this is such a concern is because Holland tends to lowball free agents. If Lecavalier can get more money in Montreal AND play for his hometown team, then he's going to.

Bingo. Let Flip & Cleary walk, buyout Sammy, and we should be able to do this. Emmerton's contract is up this year too, isn't it? If so, that's more money to burn.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
I say let Montreal overpay for him. If we wanted a 2nd line center who could give us somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-50 points and mediocre to subpar defense, we might as well bring up Jarnkrok (Who's young and can actually get better, not worse).

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
I say let Montreal overpay for him. If we wanted a 2nd line center who could give us somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-50 points and mediocre to subpar defense, we might as well bring up Jarnkrok (Who's young and can actually get better, not worse).

Jarnkrok is not going too be putting up 40-50 points right out of the gate. :laugh::shakehead

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
:laugh:

There's no way you'd get 40-50 points out of Jarnkrok.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I'd throw 5-6 million at him for 3-4 years no question. That way we would be able to roll 3 puck possesion lines with ironhook starting as a #3 center when he makes it to the bigs and eventually trading places with lecav at the 3rd or 4th year.

The good thing about sammy is he hasn't gone under the knife yet. So he could be cleared to be bought out. If we trade emmerton at the draft we would have 3-4 million left to resign brunner as well also.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"

I would think that at the point Vinny is in his career, with the money he has made and will collect off the buyout, winning would be his top priority. Detroit is looking better than Montreal in terms of long-term stability and consistency.

Having said that, I don't think Kenny should lowball him, but I think if the deals are similar, detroit has the edge. Plus, accounting that he has already said he would be open to and excited to play for Detroit.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

That is a pretty low-end projection on Vinny too in my opinion. His injury seasons still put him in a 60 point range pace. He paced out to 68 points last season.

You can say he will be hurt forever, his last three years have not been kind, but lets not compare him to an NHL rookie, that is not a great idea.

Point Shot

Keep It Realgud
Feb 12, 2013
I'd plop down 5.5 for Vinny.

If he puts up 60 points and mentors Nyquist and Tatar, what more would you really ask for?

cupforwings09

Mar 30, 2010
Michigan
You laugh, but the one man Jarnkrok keeps getting compared to got 44 points in his rookie season.

On one of the most stacked rosters ever with plenty of veteran hall-of-fame leadership. Jarnkrok might be great one day, but Vinny will make more of an impact fot he next 2-3 years. This is an easy decision imo. I can't believe you are wavering at all. What is the reasoning?

GrindNMuck

Jun 11, 2013
As a wings fan i would like to see Lecavalier come to Detroit, but i do not see him doing that at all. He wants to go to the Canadians.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
So does this mean Pulkkinen could jump in and score 30+ goals?

Horrible point.

Different era of Hockey. Point still stands. If management thinks they have a guy that plays like Zetterberg, and mind you he's already been playing in a professional men's league and won a championship, then I think if he's given the right linemates he could pot 40 points.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Vinny's a good faceoff man, he can score when he's healthy, he's a winner, and if he's not healthy he's not on your cap.

He also grew up rooting for the Wings and would probably love the chance to get some payback by making Stevie look bad in his own team's sweater. Maybe. I dunno. Pull all the strings you can and see if any of them tug him in your direction.

If they're going to get a 2nd center in UFA anyway, and it appears they will, I can't articulate how much better Lecavalier would be than Flip (duh) or Weiss (soft/fra-gee-lay) or Ribeiro (d-bag).

If they strike out on Vinny maybe they try Roy but he's fra-gee-lay himself, not a particularly good faceoff man, and hasn't been close to the player he was around 2008 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad