Confirmed with Link: Wings out of the bidding for Lecavalier, according to Khan (post #743)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
That might give him incentive to stay in the division as well. That really gives no advantage over the other teams that I think will be offering big money to Lecavalier (Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa).

He's been there for 15 years now, I'm not surprised that he was so invested in the community, he was the "franchise player" prior to the Lightning getting Stamkos.

Really he still was the franchise guy until this morning. I know that is hard for some to believe but think of it like Fedorov and Yzerman from about the mid-90's on. Vinny is the face of that team locally, he still was when I lived in the Florida area a couple years ago. He is a part of their lone championship, really Marty will still give Stamkos a run for his money there still. Stamkos is what we sell out of market and he is certainly a big deal, but the Lightning and Vinny will always be linked and he will be absolute royalty there forever.

Sad to watch it end like this, I know nobody will feel sorry for him with all the money coming down. But this is not what Vinny wanted and this isn't what Tampa or their fans truly wanted.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ugh not this again...didn't we do this last year with Suter?

Worth pointing out when we did that, they were actually on their way and had a face to face with Suter. The thing with the Wings plane is it is their own, it isn't like tracking the NHL's rental plane company that leases to tons of people like QC and Seattle are watching now.

Of course the Ilitch family has use of the plane and has property in that region anyway, so don't get carried away. But in this particular case, I lean towards this is actually something of substance and not a golf trip.

However, Holland should be in Jersey, guess maybe they haven't left yet, but when TSN was doing their mock on Tuesday Feester was talking from Jersey. So surprised our contingent isn't already there. Who knows might be a golf trip, might be nothing, but when Ilitch's planes take off, meetings usually do follow, so they have a different track record than some.

They have a couple of planes if I remember right, but it could be the Tigers. Just saying with their track record it is interesting whenever their planes take off so understand the speculation.

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
Also, Bob Mckenzie tweeted that all players getting bought out must pass through 24 hour waivers first so how would teams be able to contact any bought out players yet? Hell, apparently the only guys being bought out that are currently on waivers are Olesz, Montador, and Kaberle.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
The Tigers use Red Bird III?

When it's not being used to pursue the top FAs in the NHL it is also sometimes used as a silly team plane. :naughty:

I'm still salivating at the idea of Franzen-Lecavalier-Nyquist line. Give them 55%-65% offensive zone starts and they won't have to worry about the lack of defensive ability on that line.

I think we should either give him a 1 year deal for 7 or 7.5M or try to get him for 3-4 years at either 19.5M for 3 years or 23M over 4 years. That does mean we'll have 3 35+ year old players making 19.33M between them but I'd be willing to take that risk, these next 2-3 years may be our best chance for a cup before we lose our current core.

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
Also, Bob Mckenzie tweeted that all players getting bought out must pass through 24 hour waivers first so how would teams be able to contact any bought out players yet? Hell, apparently the only guys being bought out that are currently on waivers are Olesz, Montador, and Kaberle.

Vinny has a NMC, therefore he can block going on waivers and just take the buyout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad