Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Well the rumble birds are out in full force. Not putting much stock into rumors that are surfacing but I'm going to go out on a limb and say ( my guess only) that the Spits roster will be much different in 2 weeks.
Now Bowler never says much of anything to anybody so remember rumors are just that.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Well the rumble birds are out in full force. Not putting much stock into rumors that are surfacing but I'm going to go out on a limb and say ( my guess only) that the Spits roster will be much different in 2 weeks.
Now Bowler never says much of anything to anybody so remember rumors are just that.

It's taken me a while to get used to Bowler's "quiet, then BANG" style, relative to Rychel, but he's proven he's happy to make deals with zero pre-trade noise.

(I do miss Rychel's candidness, though. That was a lot of fun at times haha)

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
IMHO…..The difference will consist of 1-2 trades and a number of waiver moves. We have a number of players who haven’t played in some time and aren’t expected to play here as O/A next year. Other things to consider include a potential O/A import and potential O/A goalie for next year, not exactly an ideal situation to find yourself in.

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
You can't equate those 03s and 04s. DeAngelis, Dionicio, and Christopoulos going out are big time seller moves. The others are just to stabilize the roster; they can't be considered buyer moves.
Big time seller moves without the expected return. DeAngelis deal was fine. Taking back Zhugin and Mancini in the Dionicio and Christopoulos deal was absurd. Unless Bowler can move Mancini for more picks at the deadline the deal is a major fail. A 49 goal sniper should bring back multiple 2nds and 3rds on his own.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
IMHO…..The difference will consist of 1-2 trades and a number of waiver moves. We have a number of players who haven’t played in some time and aren’t expected to play here as O/A next year. Other things to consider include a potential O/A import and potential O/A goalie for next year, not exactly an ideal situation to find yourself in.
Big mess gm got them in..

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Intriguing tidbit about Kyle Butt - if memory serves me correctly, the last 12th round pick to play at least one game for the Spitfires was G Ryan Dickie in 2002-03. They've had numerous 12th rounders since then but no success.
12th round pick Slater Doggett played for the Spits in 2015.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
All this chatter about the Spits making several moves. They have already done the major selling. The only players remaining of major value are Maillet and Peer, unless you get a good offer for Mancini. Not expecting anything but maybe 1 2nd and a few 3rds in return. What are people expecting?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits' lineup just announced for tonight.

Costanzo in goal.

Castle, Toms, Greenwell, Struthers, Eichler all out.
Eichler is listed on the OHL website as in the lineup for Windsor, the others are out.
Myself because he played for Missy last year I would have dressed Struthers for Martin,otherwise lineup works for me.
Not surprised about Costanzo starting tonight.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Eichler is listed on the OHL website as in the lineup for Windsor, the others are out.
Myself because he played for Missy last year I would have dressed Struthers for Martin,otherwise lineup works for me.
Not surprised about Costanzo starting tonight.

Eichler is newly added then because it started with Spellacy earlier.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Big time seller moves without the expected return. DeAngelis deal was fine. Taking back Zhugin and Mancini in the Dionicio and Christopoulos deal was absurd. Unless Bowler can move Mancini for more picks at the deadline the deal is a major fail. A 49 goal sniper should bring back multiple 2nds and 3rds on his own.
I have no problem with the Saginaw/ Windsor trade in its entirety, getting 2,2nds and a 4th for players not returning is substantial, and I would not be shocked if Zhugin winds up returning for OA spot,if Windsor has trouble getting a 1st round Euro drafted by NHL team to report,if not he is tradeable as I doubt he wishes to return to Russia anytime soon.
There was no guarantee of getting more from other teams if Windsor waited to the deadline or near.
Mancini since the coaching change has made a difference in the play of Christoforo since they been paired together, Mancini has been a +7,while Christoforo has been a 0,in the last 10 games and if he can help guide Christoforo to better things ahead this trade works for me.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I have no problem with the Saginaw/ Windsor trade in its entirety, getting 2,2nds and a 4th for players not returning is substantial, and I would not be shocked if Zhugin winds up returning for OA spot,if Windsor has trouble getting a 1st round Euro drafted by NHL team to report,if not he is tradeable as I doubt he wishes to return to Russia anytime soon.
There was no guarantee of getting more from other teams if Windsor waited to the deadline or near.
Mancini since the coaching change has made a difference in the play of Christoforo since they been paired together, Mancini has been a +7,while Christoforo has been a 0,in the last 10 games and if he can help guide Christoforo to better things ahead this trade works for me.
Get him to actually play defense be a start..

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
CLARIFICATION for me….

1. If PLAYER Z PLAYS 10 GAMES FOR Spits and is traded to team B, who is responsible for the education package?
2. If a player dresses for a game but does not play does that count as one of the 10 games towards a card?

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
CLARIFICATION for me….

1. If PLAYER Z PLAYS 10 GAMES FOR Spits and is traded to team B, who is responsible for the education package?
2. If a player dresses for a game but does not play does that count as one of the 10 games towards a card?
Usually goes to the new team but responsibility can be negotiated.

If it is a goalie no, any other player yes.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
CLARIFICATION for me….

Answer to question #1 depends on how teams work out trade in terms of language, usually when deals occur teams assume education packs as part of trade.
Question 2,if a player is rostered for a game whether he plays or not doesn't matter it counts,except for a goalie.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Usually goes to the new team but responsibility can be negotiated.

If it is a goalie no, any other player yes.

This; Outsider was posting at the same time I was.

Edit after Legends' post - I don't think goalies are the same boat?! Say Costanzo every game so far and Michelone dressed in all but didn't play a single minute, he wouldn't be counted as a "game played."

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
Mancini since the coaching change has made a difference in the play of Christoforo since they been paired together, Mancini has been a +7,while Christoforo has been a 0,in the last 10 games and if he can help guide Christoforo to better things ahead this trade works

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
All this chatter about the Spits making several moves. They have already done the major selling. The only players remaining of major value are Maillet and Peer, unless you get a good offer for Mancini. Not expecting anything but maybe 1 2nd and a few 3rds in return. What are people expecting?
Getting lottery tickets (draft picks) is the best he can do. I doubt they're getting any 06s or 07s without shuffling the deck massively. They really need to start getting something out of Outwater. Gave up some valuable picks to get an 05 who has done very little.

Reactions: KyGuy9

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I see Cristoforo posted as -2 last 5 games and -1 past 10 but nonetheless Mancini saving his hyde more like it. I know there are alot of 74 hopefuls out there but I am not seeing "advertised results". Facts are every defenseman on this team plays in front of the same goalies and coaches. When you lead the D in points for the team and are second worst -22 in the entire league, alarm bells should be chiming. Toms who is the league worst at -26 was already a -6 when he arrived, and only has 4 pts, so compared to each other both are horrible but arguably defensively 74 is much worse statiscally. Neither deserve a roster spot in my book.

Reactions: windsor7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium