Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
We just got 2 new defencemen, and by dumping Hebek that's a huge upgrade on D by itself. You can only play 2 at a time guy, and we just got Canada's gold medal captain. Get on board, you know you want to. It's a pretty good deal.
Yes great deal. I’m on board. Use the last card somehow on D or G

Reactions: Teflon

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Can Sobolev and there euro goalie be involved? Dont know the exact OHL rules or anything just throwing it our there as wishful thinking.. Just hoping not christoforo, would rather give both Abraham and Mediema

My sources say Abraham not part of Kingston deal

Holy shit Miedema and Cristoforo???

Holy shit Miedema and Cristoforo???

No only Miedema and picks.

Yes great deal. I’m on b

oard. Use the last card somehow on D or G

Yes great deal. I’m on board. Use the last card somehow on D or G
Wont be a goalie

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Since the start of the year Windsor has sent out like 21 picks and 4-6 players to get Wright, Holmes, Harrison, Costenza, Castle, Dionicio, Johnston, Michelon. Incredible a team like Windsor has that many picks after they had been penalized by the league a few years ago and had picks taken away.

WJ
Its been like 10 years since that happened.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
Savard has his work cut out for him now, fitting all these pieces together in the most effective way is on him. Lots of new players are jumping into big roles, hopefully the transition is smooth and we get the most out of these guys.

I freely admit I was wrong, Bowler did not nibble around the edges of the market this deadline he took a big bite right out of the middle.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Johnston, McLlwan, Hebek, don't really have a spot anymore…

I think Martin is the only 05' that hasn't been sent out of town, who I see spending some time scratched with injured Abraham, and Jodoin just shuffling in at times.

Did we ever get details on the Abraham injury? He's been out a while…

Also anyone curious if Christoforo implemented the NTC? If so, that kid deserves a gift basket lol.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Any picks left.
From my count,

2023- 6th, FLNT 6th
2024- MISS 4th
2025- NIA 5th Conditional* (From Zito Deal)
2026- 4th, 6th

So uhh… not really.

As far as I know, it's a waiting game. He was at the rink on Sunday so at least he's around the team.
Do we know the cause? Off-Ice injury or was it the Panelli Cross Check?

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
From my count,

2023- 6th, FLNT 6th
2024- MISS 4th
2025- NIA 5th Conditional* (From Zito Deal)
2026- 4th, 6th

So uhh… not really.

Do we know the cause? Off-Ice injury or was it the Panelli Cross Check?

One thing Savard mentioned on Sunday was that, because they had Cristoforo/Greentree/Spellacy, they have the luxury of not needing a major draft in 2023. "That's why Billy's able to move picks around." I didn't expect ALL the picks lol but...

Oh, and I'm seeing more ppl talking about Bowler not being done yet. I can't put any info into this but that's the talk.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Johnston, McLlwan, Hebek, don't really have a spot anymore…

I think Martin is the only 05' that hasn't been sent out of town, who I see spending some time scratched with injured Abraham, and Jodoin just shuffling in at times.

Did we ever get details on the Abraham injury? He's been out a while…

Also anyone curious if Christoforo implemented the NTC? If so, that kid deserves a gift basket lol.
McLlwain has been returned to Stratford, JB
Martin and Grenerio have been sen to La Salle
Hebek has been waived and released.
Johnston and Abraham still nursing
injuries return for either unknown.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
As a fronts fan I love this trade. Tons of picks even if they’re not high ones. And two young stars. The big question though of course if they can get McCarthy to come here but you’d have to think they wouldn’t have made the trade without atleast talking to the guy. Fronts get a young talented first liner and a young talented 1st pairing defenceman out of it.

Section 103

May 25, 2016
Hell of a deal. I wonder if there will be a part 2 at all (?) down the road. Is that McCarthy kid good &/or leaning OHL? Unfortunate Sarnia & Windsor have used up almost all their matchups already. Would be some stellar hockey.

We both never seem to be going for it (we can probably take the blame for that!) so it's fun to see. A potential series would be epic. Hopefully it can wait till round 3 (Sarnia & RD3 I know good joke) ! Best of luck the rest of the way.
Likewise to you Sir.

Reactions: StingUpdates

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
As a fronts fan I love this trade. Tons of picks even if they’re not high ones. And two young stars. The big question though of course if they can get McCarthy to come here but you’d have to think they wouldn’t have made the trade without atleast talking to the guy. Fronts get a young talented first liner and a young talented 1st pairing defenceman out of it.

Funny enough, this is usually the approach Spitfires' fans have had to take over the last 15 years. The last one I really remember was Egor Afanasyev in the Michael DiPietro trade. That worked out well for both clubs.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Wont be a goalie
Speaking of goalies
Great to see Joey Costanzo now that he has enough games/minutes to be part of league stats individual wise.
He is currently 5th best in the league in goals average of 2.90 and 2nd best in the league with save percentage of .909.
His record is an outstanding 10-2-0-1 on the season and currently on a 6-0-0-1 run since Nov 25.
In last 14 games Windsor is 11-3.
Got a chance to meet the young man last night at a team function at Buffalo Wild Wings,extremely nice kid respectful,etc.
Want nothing but the best for him,can see why he is popular with his teammates, said this before best goalie we have had since Michael Dipietro.
Ironically Niagara drafted him 23rd in the draft, the same spot Windsor took Dipietro years ago.
Meant to mention that Costanzo is the youngest goalie at 17 in the OHL's top 10 goalies.
In fact the next youngest goalie is 18th in goalie standings Ryerson Leenders for for Missy, he is 16 but averaging 3.95

Last edited:

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
For offense, Windsor must be in the top 2 in the league now.
Hopefully wright is motivated and stays healthy.
the offense will have to carry them.
they have a great chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad