Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
I'm happy with this, you keep Cristoforo, have an elite '06 draft class with Cristoforo, Greentree, Spellacy, and can sell off good players such as Abraham and a few of the 5 OA possibilities who will all bring in a haul of picks next season to restock the draft cupboard.
Good piece of business. Hope the D and G holds up when the playoff grind comes.

Reactions: KyGuy9

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I'm happy with this, you keep Cristoforo, have an elite '06 draft class with Cristoforo, Greentree, Spellacy, and can sell off good players such as Abraham and a few of the 5 OA possibilities who will all bring in a haul of picks next season to restock the draft cupboard.
Keeping Christoforo was key for me. Not what I expected getting Wright but my stand pat year sure got twisted around.

Oct 3, 2019
Next year is a write off to realistically compete. 9 current roster players will be gone for sure after this season. That's 6'-03's that's a minimum as well as Maggio, Onuska Renwick gone for sure. I'll take a league title or better another cup and suffer for another year or 1-2 for it. We will suffer either way. Kingston wants to load on current 04's for their run next year. Bowler was sheepish last year likely thinking Johnston would be back this year. Now he has shown he us balls in. Kingston obviously wants Miedema or the trade elsewhere would have already happened. Picks will be coming back in the big sell next year to refill the cupboard.
Ethan and picks
In my opinion this is too much for this kid.
I don’t even think he’s going to help that much.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
9E761A88-4E9F-4704-A62F-7DCB31EE38A4.jpeg

Reactions: TheGremlin

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Hell of a deal. I wonder if there will be a part 2 at all (?) down the road. Is that McCarthy kid good &/or leaning OHL? Unfortunate Sarnia & Windsor have used up almost all their matchups already. Would be some stellar hockey.

We both never seem to be going for it (we can probably take the blame for that!) so it's fun to see. A potential series would be epic. Hopefully it can wait till round 3 (Sarnia & RD3 I know good joke) ! Best of luck the rest of the way.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Well if someone would have told you the Spitfires could get Wright by trading just 1 2nd and without trading Cristoforo and you would take it. All-in now, need a championship.
how many top picks do they have left though...

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
More lower picks (that's all we have) or rights to Gavin McCarthy maybe?

or Tanner Winegard

Would give them 3 possible RD's.
So slightly off. No Hache so no Martin and Jodoin. Like this trade.

Hell of a deal. I wonder if there will be a part 2 at all (?) down the road. Is that McCarthy kid good &/or leaning OHL? Unfortunate Sarnia & Windsor have used up almost all their matchups already. Would be some stellar hockey.

We both never seem to be going for it (we can probably take the blame for that!) so it's fun to see. A potential series would be epic. Hopefully it can wait till round 3 (Sarnia & RD3 I know good joke) ! Best of luck the rest of the way.
Playing in the USHL. Just need to convince him.

Reactions: ohloutsider

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
If this is the end of the deal, it’s a steal.

We basically just traded Meidema, 2nd, 3rd and two 4ths for Shane Wright.

Wright is gonna sell tickets and pack the arena alone.

I liked the progress Meidema was making, but I’m not as torn up with him leaving. Christoforo was the key piece I didn’t want to see go, and I’m SO glad he didn’t.

I actually like the price for Wright better than the price for Harrison…

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Since the start of the year Windsor has sent out like 21 picks and 4-6 players to get Wright, Holmes, Harrison, Costenza, Castle, Dionicio, Johnston, Michelon. Incredible a team like Windsor has that many picks after they had been penalized by the league a few years ago and had picks taken away.

WJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad