Windsor Spitfires 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
London fans are thanking Bonk!!!
London with the D they have in place could have afforded to let Bonk go though. Will the knights be in a better position to contend in the next two seasons with Guelph & OS being in their division?

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
London with the D they have in place could have afforded to let Bonk go though. Will the knights be in a better position to contend in the next two seasons with Guelph & OS being in their division?
Bonk is a rock star... Losing him would hurt the D this year.. That's our strength. A Wright add would be "subtraction by addition". Bonk will be here for another 2 seasons. I have no doubt that he'll help Windsor, ballsy move. May the best team win.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Boneless with a spicy sauce? All. Day. Long!

The team probably thought all the deals were done, which is what it sounded like a few days ago. This came out of nowhere. That said, next week might have been better.
media will do they usual rosey picture...
typical.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: OHLTG

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
A major OHL trade is coming down the pike. As first reported by The Athletic’s Scott Wheeler and affirmed by Ryan Kennedy of The Hockey News, the Windsor Spitfires are expected to acquire high-end Seattle Kraken prospect Shane Wright from the Kingston Frontenacs ahead of tomorrow’s trade deadline.

Wheeler reports that the return to Kingston will center around 2023 draft-eligible forward Ethan Miedema and “multiple” draft picks.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
A major OHL trade is coming down the pike. As first reported by The Athletic’s Scott Wheeler and affirmed by Ryan Kennedy of The Hockey News, the Windsor Spitfires are expected to acquire high-end Seattle Kraken prospect Shane Wright from the Kingston Frontenacs ahead of tomorrow’s trade deadline.

Wheeler reports that the return to Kingston will center around 2023 draft-eligible forward Ethan Miedema and “multiple” draft picks.

#19 and picks isnt bad.
i guessing its a lot of picks though.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
I think we can all assume Wright to windsor. Now what are the details lol. Im hearing possibility of another big deal somehow.

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
I was against trading for Wright because I questioned how interested he would be, but now that it's happening not only am I cool with it, but I don't care about the cost. You don't win championships by holding all your chips, so spin the wheel baby! Whoever goes the other way will be missed and I'm sure will be future stars of the league, but that's the price of doing business. We should have the best player in the league now, and that's never a bad trade.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Ethan Miedema is a good one @ 17 yrs old
8407.jpg

Ethan Miedema
LW
Windsor Spitfires
https://ontariohockeyleague.com/roster/17
Shoots: L
Height:
Weight:
Birthdate:
2005-03-22
Hometown:
Cobourg, ON
Draft:

OHL - WSR (2021) Round: 1 (#4)
GPGAPTS+/-PIMPPGSHGSOGFOW
36Games11G20A31PTS1016306211

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
I think we can all assume Wright to windsor. Now what are the details lol. Im hearing possibility of another big deal somehow.
If draft picks are involved as reported, it seems to me another big deal has to happen gor Windsor to get draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad