Windsor Spitfires 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
The Spits have numerous issues ( just like any other team in the league). Drafting, recruiting, trading, signing ( GM issues). PP, PK, systems, development ( coaching issues) . Experience, talent , drive, conditioning ( players issues). Marketing, STH engagement, media presence ( ownership issues). To pick 1 thing and say that is the problem or what % of each problem is the issue or which one get fixed that solves all the other problems???? Who knows?

Usually winning fixes almost everything but that comes with players on the ice and who is guiding them. Players can make an average coach look great but it is rarely the other way around. We need to find a coach that can get the best out of the players we have and many other things will be fixed. You can't fix everything so I think this is the one thing that has to be fixed.

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
The Spits have numerous issues ( just like any other team in the league). Drafting, recruiting, trading, signing ( GM issues). PP, PK, systems, development ( coaching issues) . Experience, talent , drive, conditioning ( players issues). Marketing, STH engagement, media presence ( ownership issues). To pick 1 thing and say that is the problem or what % of each problem is the issue or which one get fixed that solves all the other problems???? Who knows?

Usually winning fixes almost everything but that comes with players on the ice and who is guiding them. Players can make an average coach look great but it is rarely the other way around. We need to find a coach that can get the best out of the players we have and many other things will be fixed. You can't fix everything so I think this is the one thing that has to be fixed.
Your correct in your statements, prob is this coaching staff are here it seems for the duration of their contracts or a new owner purchases the club.Cypher is giving them another chance without WR butting in this season.A bit more winning this season will lock them into a final year.It aint over for TL and co.......Yet.

OHL 17

Nov 8, 2018
Windsor, On
ohloutsider listed the problems!
Lack of leadership was a major cause of regression last season. Keeping things intact will only allow this to continue... as previously stated, a poor product will result in poor attendance, which will force a change!

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Has anyone heard or seen anything from WR since the ownership changes were announced? On the Spits website they still list him as a owner. That does not say much either as that site is slow to update changes. Any news out of the OHL general meetings that took place last Thurs and Fri? Did anyone pick out who was from the spits organization in the photo tweeted by the spits from the meeting? I havnt even heard of any trades from any team yet that have been made this June window.

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
I suspect whoever takes over as GM will want the luxury of selecting a coaching staff. They may stay status quo but given the lack of success I doubt it

Reactions: Cherrydon

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Has anyone heard or seen anything from WR since the ownership changes were announced? On the Spits website they still list him as a owner. That does not say much either as that site is slow to update changes. Any news out of the OHL general meetings that took place last Thurs and Fri? Did anyone pick out who was from the spits organization in the photo tweeted by the spits from the meeting? I havnt even heard of any trades from any team yet that have been made this June window.

What happened, most of it should be stated really soon.
Than all will go forward from there.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Where did it get announced that WR is no longer a part owner of the Spits? Remember rumor is not always fact. Even if he holds 1% he is a part owner.

Reactions: randomhero4life

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Where did it get announced that WR is no longer a part owner of the Spits? Remember rumor is not always fact. Even if he holds 1% he is a part owner.
As far as I know. Nothing has been announced by the OHL/OHL BOG/Spits/Smiles r US/Jim 'Peter" Parker/Legend or anybody else and that's the problem. The STH/fans sit in a dark room just waiting for someone to open the door and throw more sh*t on us....

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
It didn't just rumor however he has been awol since the announcement and wasn't present or commented since. Smoke there's fire. I would assume if WR ownership/ maintaining his GM job he would have addressed it publicly by now. I would expect an announcement soon by the majority owner's spelling out any and all changes. The import draft is coming soon and player signings have seemingly put on hold with all this confusion. I believe if it was going to be status quo regarding coaching/ managerial positions it would have been already announced by now. If there are major changes coming they may be waiting to also inform us of the replacements once they have been hired. Expect it this week as next season ticket seat sale is June 15. They can't be that foolish to expect a good turnout with no new information. Or can they lol?

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
From my understanding WR is still GM. No moves being made because of the mess. The work has been started to get guys signed, traded... Bowler will oversee WR. Gotta remember there was no reason to get people in line until the deal died. Then you had to set up lists and get players convinced. Announcements are coming.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
It didn't just rumor however he has been awol since the announcement and wasn't present or commented since. Smoke there's fire. I would assume if WR ownership/ maintaining his GM job he would have addressed it publicly by now. I would expect an announcement soon by the majority owner's spelling out any and all changes. The import draft is coming soon and player signings have seemingly put on hold with all this confusion. I believe if it was going to be status quo regarding coaching/ managerial positions it would have been already announced by now. If there are major changes coming they may be waiting to also inform us of the replacements once they have been hired. Expect it this week as next season ticket seat sale is June 15. They can't be that foolish to expect a good turnout with no new information. Or can they lol?

Sure they can.
Pr department for Windsor is another joke!!!!

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
From my understanding WR is still GM. No moves being made because of the mess. The work has been started to get guys signed, traded... Bowler will oversee WR. Gotta remember there was no reason to get people in line until the deal died. Then you had to set up lists and get players convinced. Announcements are coming.
rychel is embarrassed.he looked foolish drafting kids that dont belong
him representing the windsor spitfires is ludicrous
u doubt any high end talents parents
would give him the time of day
he lost his credibility bigtime

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
As far as I know. Nothing has been announced by the OHL/OHL BOG/Spits/Smiles r US/Jim 'Peter" Parker/Legend or anybody else and that's the problem. The STH/fans sit in a dark room just waiting for someone to open the door and throw more sh*t on us....
For sure - nothing announced yet is not a good thing but not willing to "assume" things until the right sources come forward. As far as parents/player/agents I'm sure they all know what is up with the Spits.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
For sure - nothing announced yet is not a good thing but not willing to "assume" things until the right sources come forward. As far as parents/player/agents I'm sure they all know what is up with the Spits.

Yes i agree.
The right people know what is happening with Windsor.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

Sometimes it's tough to say much when there's not much being said. I doubt many of us would stay silent if there was news to be had.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Sometimes it's tough to say much when there's not much being said. I doubt many of us would stay silent if there was news to be had.

r u sure?
news will be stated soon.
Some people can just have the ability to stay quiet until things actually happen.

member 71782

I thought when they announced the changes to the ownership they also announced there were no changes being made to the off ice staffing.

The only things announced or stressed were that the coaching would remain the same and that Rychel was hard at work playing catch up to prepare for the season.

The only things I've seen or read in relation to Rychel being replaced as GM has been on here with nothing to support it.

In terms of ownership the only thing I've seen of substance was the same group would remain in place, which Rychel was a part of and BB was no longer the majority owner with the Cypher group taking on the majority stake. Nothing has been stated publicly, that I'm aware of of any change in Rychel's status as an owner or any change in how much of a stake he maintains but with that not being addressed at all to me it says the structural changes were between BB and Cypher which would explain Rychel not being involved in the announcements of that part of what's been stated.

In terms of Rychel not being involved in any publicity lately, it comes down to two things.

First, as was publicly stated as GM he's playing catch up.

Second, as was publicly stated Cypher is going to be more involved publicly which, IMO means outside of normal expected GM related announcements Rychel won't be the public face of the team on all fronts any longer.

Player signings etc we'll see Rychel but all other publicity we'll see the Cypher group.

There's been nothing much going on we would have seen any other GM discussing publicly so not seeing anything from Rychel makes sense.

We've become accustomed to everything Spits related come from Rychel so this change, while normal for most franchises is a bit of a change.

I've been critical of Rychel for a while now and wouldn't be upset to see him gone from the role but I am interested to see how he does with his main focus again being just the GM instead of everything else related to the organization.

Unless there are trades or signings I wouldn't expect to hear from him until just before and after the import draft and then not again until training camp, again depending on moves or signings. That's really how it should be with anything being handled by Cypher or others in affected positions.

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Doesnt WR have any self respect??? He's being made look like a boob and taking it where the sun dont shine on all fronts.

If he really needs money that bad Im sure there's some openings on Wyandotte St. bc thats what he's turned himself into the last little while.

The thing that speaks volumes is Johnston still not signing.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
If Johnston isn't signed by August, I'll start getting nervous. We know that they were concerned about the ownership and that they're at least in contact with WR et al.

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
If Johnston isn't signed by August, I'll start getting nervous. We know that they were concerned about the ownership and that they're at least in contact with WR et al.
If he waits till Aug, says that him and his agent dont believe the latest press release and expect more moves and if he signs that late says he comes bc he has no choice, Not bc he wants to be here.If you want to be a Spifire you sign right away now that the ownership is now so solid.:sarcasm:

Last edited:

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
If he waits till Aug, says that him and his agent dont believe the latest press release and expect more moves and if he signs that late says he comes bc he has no choice, Not bc he wants to be here.If you want to be a Spifire you sign right away now that the ownership is now so solid.:sarcasm:

Maybe he doesn't want to be here.
Still a damm circus.
The music they play before each game should be the music u here at the circus. It only be fitting.

Reactions: Sec108
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad