Windsor Spitfires 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

stickhandle

Jul 4, 2007
rychel is embarrassed.he looked foolish drafting kids that dont belong
him representing the windsor spitfires is ludicrous
u doubt any high end talents parents
would give him the time of day
he lost his credibility bigtime
he has won three rings in Windsor I will cut him some slack , he wont be long without a job if he leaves the Spits . To say he has lost credibility is comical

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Ya some of u guys are going a bit extreme!! He was following direction in the draft folks get over it. That isn’t on him. Yes there’s been some issues with his work, but to put this latest circus on him is ludicrous!! Direct your hate where it belongs! The Savage group instigated this mess, they are the ring masters now. Still letting it continue. You’ll hear more when there’s more to tell. It’s very quiet which is a good thing. Get it settled down, get your prospects back in a happy place. Get some things finalized. All that wasn’t supposed to happen with these guys. It’ll take some time to reset and set things up that were let go. That said all this is glossing over the fact they insist on keeping the coaching staff!!! You wanna direct more anger go there!! The players, families and billets are being told it’s business as usual, the gang is back. Basically same stuff we’re hearing. So hullsy tell me have u actually spoke to any “high end talent” and their families???

Last edited:

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
As per his Twitter account Ohlinsiders is suspending covering the OHL due to his belief he has been upsetting to many followers. I always have enjoyed the Intel he provided regardless of whether the rumour came to fruition on not. Sad to hear he feels that way. If some people didn't like his posts, well don't read them. I for one stand behind him.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Insiders, I know you pop in hear and watch. Is this a self appointed induced end to your ohl coverage or have you been “encouraged” to stop covering stuff?? Really is to bad I liked what u were doing!

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I had no issues with OHLInsiders. We follow each other and the info was good (if not always correct). Nobody gets everything bang on because life isn't bang on.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Home opener is on a Saturday night and it is the only game the Spits play that weekend. A little different start to the season for sure.

Edit- a total of 8 Saturday home games - I think the Spits are starting to figure out they do better with Saturday nights, more families to those games.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Home opener is on a Saturday night and it is the only game the Spits play that weekend. A little different start to the season for sure.

Edit- a total of 8 Saturday home games - I think the Spits are starting to figure out they do better with Saturday nights, more families to those games.

Playing a lot better will help attendance too.
Have to play a lot better than last year 100 percent.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Saginaw is about to announce the signing of Mitchell Smith. Committed to Michigan but will be going to Saginaw, had a great season with Oakland Junior Grizzlies. Would have been a higher pick in 2018 if not for his commitment.

This is the issue Windsor will have now. They will have difficulty going into the houses of these prospects and selling them on Windsor. It's really become an arms race and Windsor is falling further behind.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Saginaw is about to announce the signing of Mitchell Smith. Committed to Michigan but will be going to Saginaw, had a great season with Oakland Junior Grizzlies. Would have been a higher pick in 2018 if not for his commitment.

This is the issue Windsor will have now. They will have difficulty going into the houses of these prospects and selling them on Windsor. It's really become an arms race and Windsor is falling further behind.

Do you know that for fact?....or is this just your opinion?....We are all in the wait and see stage of the off season.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Do you know that for fact?....or is this just your opinion?....We are all in the wait and see stage of the off season.

Well we were told it's business as usual. You can take that whatever you way you want. If the business was going well then there shouldn't be a concern. If it wasn't going well..... I just know it's easier to sell a vision when you have a successful season.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
It kind of feels like we're changing things on the fly here. Selling = no stability, which makes everyone nervous (understandably). Not selling = stability, but if they are stable without previous season success, then... sorry, the targets keep moving here. What?

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Not much news from the Spitfires since the BOG meeting. I wonder if the revamped Spitfire ownership was given the green light. You can’t tell because the OHL as usual says shmuck and the Spitfires even less. Don’t know if it’s Alphonse or Gaston running things. No wonder the STH are supposedly abandoning the ship in droves..
Does anyone know who is running the Spit PR department? Or do they even have one. It seems OHL teams are signing players left and right while we get the silent treatment.
You have to wonder who the other teams GM’s call if they want to trade with the Spits...WR, BB or Harkie.
Also wondering what the scouting department thinks of all this. Can’t remember but it seems like a long time since our #1 draft pick didn’t sign fairly quickly...

Reactions: Sec108 and superdee

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Why would BB or Harkie be called?
My point was, as you very well know, the Spits have yet to name a GM Officially. The two I mentioned have been rumored as GM. I could have said a GM to be named later if that ‘s your pleasure or acting GM if that’s more suitable.
***While I’m grousing...here’s a couple of thoughts....anybody care to guess the # of STH this year? How about the over/under on opening night attendance?

Reactions: Sec108

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Well we were told it's business as usual. You can take that whatever you way you want. If the business was going well then there shouldn't be a concern. If it wasn't going well..... I just know it's easier to sell a vision when you have a successful season.

There is no way of knowing unless you are present to what is going on right now. With 18 eligible returning players this upcoming season, to me that is a huge plus. I am not currently happy with Lewtowski......but who's to say he cannot make some adjustments to his systems. Bottom line is so many people are assuming way too much, and it all seems to be negative, hell it might turn out that way....but one thing that is certain is that not one person knows what this upcoming season will bring. I like going to the games, I will always cheer the Spits.

Reactions: scokan and OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
My point was, as you very well know, the Spits have yet to name a GM Officially. The two I mentioned have been rumored as GM. I could have said a GM to be named later if that ‘s your pleasure or acting GM if that’s more suitable.
***While I’m grousing...here’s a couple of thoughts....anybody care to guess the # of STH this year? How about the over/under on opening night attendance?

Rychel is the GM. We've known this for a couple of weeks now. As soon as they squashed the Parekh deal, Rychel was "assigned" to get players signed and dealt as he was still the GM.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Not much news from the Spitfires since the BOG meeting. I wonder if the revamped Spitfire ownership was given the green light. You can’t tell because the OHL as usual says shmuck and the Spitfires even less. Don’t know if it’s Alphonse or Gaston running things. No wonder the STH are supposedly abandoning the ship in droves..
Does anyone know who is running the Spit PR department? Or do they even have one. It seems OHL teams are signing players left and right while we get the silent treatment.
You have to wonder who the other teams GM’s call if they want to trade with the Spits...WR, BB or Harkie.
Also wondering what the scouting department thinks of all this. Can’t remember but it seems like a long time since our #1 draft pick didn’t sign fairly quickly...

Spits didn't have much or little a PR department before.
It sucked huge.

Reactions: Sec108

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Id guess sth is around 2600.
Its gone down considerably every year. Wonder why? Lol
Opening nite might be the big crowd for the entire year. If so spits are in trouble.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Rychel is the GM. We've known this for a couple of weeks now. As soon as they squashed the Parekh deal, Rychel was "assigned" to get players signed and dealt as he was still the GM.

Sure.......
Lol

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Ok...let’s go with assigned,quashed, still the GM a couple weeks ago. Do you think things have changed in the last two weeks? Do you think WR can spend $$$ without asking first? Depends on who you talk to I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad