Windsor Spitfires 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Sure, but unless the guy insulted your mother or something why disparage good words towards him on a MB after he lost his job?

That's not disparaging someone imo. A couple people like him and believe he's a good person. My experiences with him are a 180 compared to what others said about him. I wasn't fond of the job Rychel has done as a GM recently my experiences with him were fine though.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
but 3 Mem cups and a pile of NHL players developed in the Spits the past 10 yrs takes the onus off of WR . like it or not. He gets a hall pass based on prior achievements.

Absolutely WR and his achievements really are not even debatable. I do think though he has grown tired and stagnant in Windsor and probably should have moved on a year or maybe two ago?
I’m getting a similar feeling with Mark Hunter in London, I think he should have taken a job in the NHL after leaving the Leafs. He just doesn’t seem to have the same magic since he’s been back? Good Luck so many unanswered questions right now in Spits Land?

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Absolutely WR and his achievements really are not even debatable. I do think though he has grown tired and stagnant in Windsor and probably should have moved on a year or maybe two ago?
I’m getting a similar feeling with Mark Hunter in London, I think he should have taken a job in the NHL after leaving the Leafs. He just doesn’t seem to have the same magic since he’s been back? Good Luck so many unanswered questions right now in Spits Land?

If Rychel and Hunter have overstayed their welcome and become stale, how would u describe Butler in NB?!
Btw.....I think they would be saying the same thing about George Burnett if the Knights has finished off the Storm.

Reactions: randomhero4life

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
If Rychel and Hunter have overstayed their welcome and become stale, how would u describe Butler in NB?!
Btw.....I think they would be saying the same thing about George Burnett if the Knights has finished off the Storm.
I would say Butler's systems are dated, very predictable. He is very close minded, thinks he is legend in his own mind. Butler struggles to get through to his players, Asst. Coaches have more approachable methods of communicating with players. Overall I think Butler should have hung it up probably 5 years ago.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London

It’s not necessarily that they have outstayed their welcome or that they are “dated” in their approach. It’s more a fact of almost becoming bored in a position and that the challenge isn’t the same so the dedication and effort level settles in and they become mechanical in their decisions? If that makes any sense? LOL, but in Hunter and Rychel two very smart hockey minds that can’t be disputed IMO anyway?

Reactions: Bra Wavers

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
It’s not necessarily that they have outstayed their welcome or that they are “dated” in their approach. It’s more a fact of almost becoming bored in a position and that the challenge isn’t the same so the dedication and effort level settles in and they become mechanical in their decisions? If that makes any sense? LOL, but in Hunter and Rychel two very smart hockey minds that can’t be disputed IMO anyway?

Are you saying WR and MH aren't putting in the hours? And are mailing it in.
"so the dedication and effort level settles in and they become mechanical in their decisions?"
Im positive the work is still being done and effort level is there.
Cant speak as much to WR (Althou it seems he is dedicated to helping this off season) But I can say MH was very involved in all London Knight matters and isnt mechanical in thought processs.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Ex spit Aaron Luchuk now a Leaf.... ex SPIT Jason Spezza headed to buds?
TRADE:
To Ottawa #Senators:
D Nikita Zaitsev
F Connor Brown
F Michael Carcone (RFA)
To Toronto Maple #Leafs:
D Cody Ceci (RFA Arb)
D Ben Harpur
F Aaron Luchuk
2020 3rd RD pick (CBJ)
*** Expect hometown boy Jason Spezza to sign a one-year contract with TOR today.

Last edited:

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I'd imagine Luchuk plays AHL or ECHL for a while. There's no need/room to bring him up right now. He'll be fine. The Leafs just spent a few seasons seasoning their AHL boys; they'll come up and Luchuk will get minutes.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
I'd imagine Luchuk plays AHL or ECHL for a while. There's no need/room to bring him up right now. He'll be fine. The Leafs just spent a few seasons seasoning their AHL boys; they'll come up and Luchuk will get minutes.

Here's to hoping he can crack the Marlies line up!! Luchuk sure did bounce back and forth a lot last season between Brampton & Belleville

Reactions: OHLTG and windsor7

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Are you saying WR and MH aren't putting in the hours? And are mailing it in.

Not exactly I was having challenges formulating my thoughts when I was trying to capture them in written format. First off "No" WR and MH are far to professional and far to successful to ever just mail it in. The only word I think that can capture my thoughts is Passion. I think in all professions not simply Hockey Management repetitivness year in and year out doing the same thing can potentially make one less passionate about their position. A fresh start or new environment can for many be a good thing and I think in both of these scenarios that may have been or could be beneficial. Struggling like I say to get my thoughts out but never intended to suggest either aren't dedicated professionals.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Wow.....just when I thought Dubas was done....
Big TOR-COL trade: Leafs get Tyson Barrie, Alex Kerfoot and a 6th rd pick in 2020 from the Avs for Nazem Kadri, Calle Rosen and Toronto’s 3rd round selection in 2020. Colorado also retaining 50% of Barrie’s AAV ($5.5 million) as part of the transaction.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
jeez punch, are you trying to turn this into a leafs board?
there's already one of those kicking around, do you need a link?

Here's one last image scokan before I take my leave...Nathan Staios at the Leaf development camp.
Anyone wishing to drop me a DM can via this site for a few days or after that on twitter. Take care.
D-fhQLTXUAIJNYT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad